College Football Playoff Watch

Home Forums StateFans Football College Football Playoff Watch

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Ohio State also likely has an impending matchup with Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship. The Badgers very well could be a top 10 team by that time, and a win would surely provide a boost.

Wufpacker
    Participant

This week’s numbers….

(1)Bama vs (4)Miss St
    (2)Oregon vs (3)FSU

1. Alabama
    2. Oregon
    3. Florida St.
    4. Mississippi St.
    5. TCU
    6. Ohio St.
    7. Baylor
    8. Ole Miss
    9. UCLA
    10. Georgia

Wulfpack
    Participant

Very interesting indeed. Miss State still with a good shot, especially if Bama were to lose to Aubie. Bama all the way up to 1. That tells you what they think of Miss State. Ohio State is very much alive. If Wisconsin keeps winning that could be a much needed top 10 win. I see no way that FSU slips out without a loss. But a loss will doom them that seems clear.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Top four stays the same. TCU at five, Ohio State at six, and Baylor at seven.

If Bama beats Aubie, it is going to be interesting to see what ultimately happens with Miss State. They won’t even be playingh for their conference championship. And as predicted, Ole Miss falls way down to 19 as Arkansas torched them.

Wulfpack
    Participant

In other words, according to the committee’s rankings this week, Miss State wont’t get more credit for beating an Ole Miss than Ohio State could potentially get from a conference championship win over Wisconsin or Minnesota. And then you have the Baylor/TCU question. Does head to head matter more than total body of work? We shall see.

I do think it is VERY possible FSU loses to Florida or Georgia Tech. If that were to happen, then let the debates begin.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Mississippi State’s wins are way better than any other 1-loss team’s, and their loss is to the #1 team. They just happen to be in the same division with said #1 team (who they played on the road).

Case closed. They will eventually be #3 ahead of FSU, I predict.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Miss State is 1-1 against the top 25 so it does get into splitting hairs a bit. I don’t see them moving any higher than four. The committee’s hand is going to be forced with this conference champion issue. We’ll see which way they go.

Wulfpack
    Participant

TCU leap “frogs” FSU to occupy the third spot. FSU drops to four. Ohio State on the outside looking in at 5th.

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.