Coaching 101 = The Next Game…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Coaching 101 = The Next Game…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… SFN “Coaches”…

To be a ‘Successful Coach”…
    You GOTT to learn Four Speeches and WHEN to use each one of them…

1. When your Team won and they should have won …
    2. When your Team lost and they should have lost …
    3. When your Team won and they should have lost …
    4. When your Team lost and they should have won …

It’s Monday morning and it’s time to go to work…

You know the key to a championship season is how you and your Team handles it’s successes and how you and your Team handles it’s failures… and you GOTT plenty to do…

What do you say if you’re coaching each of these Teams…

State
    Dook
    xNC

Holler Back O Wise Ones….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

State
    We have put ourselves in position to finish in the upper portion of the league, but in order for us to do that we have to defend our home court. We have to back up the performance we put together yesterday with another one that’s just as good. The boys from UNC-CH will be skipping class to get ready for us, so we had better be ready for them.

UNC-CH
    If you think you’re gonna walk into State and just walk out with a win, what happened over there yesterday should tell you that ain’t gonna happen. We have got to jump on them right from the tip. We helped ourselves beating Louisville and State helped us by beating Duke. Let’s don’t give any of that back.

Duke
    If you think that was rough yesterday, wait until we go to Chapel Hill or Charlottesville. We had better defend the three and the rim a lot better than we did yesterday or we’re gonna get killed again. State played a great game and we didn’t match them. Everything we want to accomplish is still right there for us to take but we have to play better.

charger17
    Participant

STATE

Okay, fellas, yesterday was great. It’s also over. As of right now, there’s only one game that matters. Carolina comes in here in two days and I want to end it the same way we ended yesterday. we are still middle of the conference and there is a whole lot of season left. Let’s prove it to ourselves and the entire country that Pack basketball really is top 10!

Starting now, if I don’t see focus, smart basketball, and 100% commitment, you don’t see the floor on Wednesday. Let’s go to work.

Caroline and Duke, who cares.

TheCOWDOG

Gottfried: We have to funnel Paige to his right, and I want the double team to meet him at the elbows.

Roy: Trap,trap,trap.

K: Alright.We got it out of our system.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

UNCHEAT:

“OK boys, I’ve got about a thousand C-notes to allocate after the State game. I know that’s a bit more than usual but we got a lot of boosters with a real hard on for State. I’ve also got some nice “gifts” for special accomplishments. Like for any double double I got some really nice Beats headphones and a couple of 18K gold tooth caps. And I got a really sweet Sig Sauer P320 9mm, right out of the box if you take Lacey out. High scorer, 50% of the cash, no questions. The rest of you can fight it out for the balance.”

Fastback68
    Participant

we got a lot of boosters with a real hard on for State.

I now have spilt coffee on my cords, my krispy kreme calendar and on my stub hub VT vs State BB invoice. Thanks JG78, that was worth a good laugh.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^All of these are what makes SFN the “best” …
    Keep ’em coming…

coach13
    Participant

STATE Look guys. the Duke win was great, but i’ve already heard too much. “We were perfect”, “this was our ceiling”. Guys, this was not a miracle. This was what you should be every night out, in any ACC match-up. There is no reason for us not to play this way every game. We have 2 choices moving foward. We can bring it Wednesday and win big against the team that has owned us…OWNED US…for 3 decades. And we will show that you have truly learned how to play ACC basketball and are a force in this league. OR…we can quietly go back to being a mediocre team only capable of “upsets”. UNC is coming here with one purpose Wednesday. To put us back in our place…where THEY think we belong. They don’t care that we beat Duke. They’ve been there and done that. They have owned us up til now. What do you want to do? Be a top team in the NCAA or last week’s news blip?

BJD95
    Keymaster

I imagine K’s speech went something like “I told you that you weren’t that good.”

It can be hard to get that much talent to believe they need coaching/hard practice time.

redcanine
    Participant

STATE
    Remember that Cincinnati loss? Wofford? I hope you haven’t forgotten. If we only give it 99% in practice tomorrow, the same thing will happen Wednesday night. 1% is the difference between winning and getting blown out.

Duke
    It’s my fault. I didn’t have you prepared enough to win. It won’t happen again.

UNC
    Back in 19XX, their fans in Reynolds would spit and throw coca-colas at us during the game. When we go there, were going to the basketball equivalent of Iraq. We’re gonna be ready to fight, and keep fighting until the final buzzer. We’ll worry about championships later. For now, all of our efforts are geared towards beating State!

redisgood
    Participant

G: “Beejay, back away slowly from that pizza!

R: Classes are cancelled this week

K: I know Lebron James personally.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Just remember for Gott’s speeches, liberally sprinkle in ‘pal,’ and for Roy, ‘dadgum.’

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^beej… Correct answer about Coach K…

Coach Rat did NOT protect his kids yesterday… He wanted to see what they would do by themselves and yes… if they GOTT humbled… that was ‘no problem for K’…. better now than later… He hadn’t won all those games ’cause he’s stupid…

And as others pointed out in various ways…
    GOTT’s speech to our kids is basically the same…

“You’re not that good… you get cocky and you will get embarrassed … and I ain’t going to save your a$$es either…”

UNCLE ROY’s job is perhaps the toughest..
    His kids seem stuck in some kind of “purgatory” of sorts …

and Mr. Dog has outlined the game plan succinctly…

Aint going to be any surprises…
    Strength on Strength
    No tricks, No gimmicks from either Coach…

Our Four BIGS and their Four Bigs will battle to a draw…

So it’s all about Anthony and Lacey v. Paige…
    and making Paige do things he doesn’t want to do… and keeping him from doing the things he does want to do…

Tokoto is their wild card.

Home Court is our wild card.

Anthony does remember last year in the Dome and will not repeat…
    Lacey will not let him…

Uncle Roy cannot out coach GOTT & Company in the fourth quarter…

Free Throws could go either way…

Gowolves
    Participant

/>Just want you to know we are all counting on you

Just want you guys to know we are all counting on you.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

GOTT this one from…

Mr. CowDog, Senior…
    HOF BBall Coach, formerly of Buffalo, New York…

BOTB…

No F’ing speeches..

No matter what the outcome after a BIG game,
    I always told my assistant coaches…

“No smiles, No patonthebutts. No gameballs…
    Wake ’em up early… take ’em to the gym…
    Make ’em run the steps until they all puke…
    While they’re running… Make me a list of everything …. everybody did wrong… except me..
    Then we have us a little ‘practice’ …”

The only exception was the last game of the season.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

check that…double post move…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Scene: On a dreary Monday in Chapel Hill, the camera pans into the coach’s office as the coach is looking forlornly out his office window. It’s cold outside, and the overcast from the light rain makes for a darkened office, with but a single small desk lamp lit. The lamp casts a stark contrast from a small amount of light to darkness. The coach is now fully standing in the darkness at his office window, with only the dim and dark gray natural light shining upon him. From the doorway, the camera shot inches slowly towards a close-up of the coach as he internally reviews what to next tell his charges:

CHEATS:

‘Great win Saturday guys. We can do it again. I know you’re not going to, but it needs to be said … I really need you not to go class Mon-Wed. Don’t worry, the spirits of Wayne Walden and Deb Crowder will ensure that you have A’s. No, what I really need is for all of your mental, physical, and spiritual focus to be channeled upon west Raleigh. I need to look good Wednesday night (pause) er, um, we need to do well Wednesday night. Wal-Mart called and their stocks have been dipping. I’M ON THE EFFING BOARD OF WAL-MART, guise. How do you think Tami’s and Ellington’s Chapel Hill housing is paid for? Hmmm? What about the ivory towers each of you have been promised? MONEY is at stake.

Each of you is part of a cog – a cog that ensures that highly insecure people who tie their self-worth to the sporting fates of college aged kids will go to Wal-Mart and buy merchandise! You’re more important than you know!!1 My money is at stake … I mean, people’s minds are at stake!

As for the other thing, yes, our brethren have suffered a tremendous loss with King Karl no longer among their ranks. I have been assured by the Greensboro mothership though that our brethren will still have the tendency to make the *right* calls when necessary. How else to explain how we won in overtime in west Raleigh last season? (a slight, wry smile combines with an internal maniacal laugh)

Lastly, Raleigh thinks that our program has been exposed … exposed as fraudulent. And they have the audacity to believe that they dealt the death blow to our facade. Who the hell do they think they are?? Sounds to me like it’s time to light some rear-ends up with pellet guns!!1 Do you need any more reason to hate these guise?? BRING THE PAIN!

I mean we’re going to continue on as we always have. Nothing has changed. Nothing.

No, don’t worry about any of that. Just focus on Wednesday … It’s all ok. Everything is ok. Things are still the same. I’m not coming apart. They‘re coming apart. They‘ve always been jealous. Petty and jealous. Everyone will see. On Wednesday … they’ll see.’

End Scene

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Just remember for Gott’s speeches, liberally sprinkle in ‘pal,’ and for Roy, ‘dadgum.’

Dammit, I should’ve sprinkled in some internal monologue ‘dadgum’s for Roy … oops.

And very good, Gowolves 🙂

Gowolves
    Participant

ROTFLMAO!!!!

WP76, Not too shabby yourself! That’s some funny sh*t.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Duke: (Master Splinter) My sons! *sigh* My sons, If you are to become true ninja you must work harder. Your path in life will not be an easy one. The outside world will not be a friendly place for you.

Pack: (“Gott”father) “Many young men started down a false path to their true destiny. Time and fortune usually set them aright.”

Sky Blue B*tches: (Gargamel) “How can I be brilliant when I’m surrounded by dumb-dumbs?! Dadgumit!!!”

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

wufpup…

Ok … so you’re a screenwriter now… and I’m laughing…
    It’s funny how “code/IT guys” GOTT this elaborate sense of layered, nuanced humor… isn’t it?

fwiw… I don’t think Uncle Roy shops at WallyA$$Mart…

Now if you have said on the “Board of Nike”…
    that would have dead on the “Money”…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Haha, well speaking only for myself I know my humor can wonder into ‘deranged’ territory 🙂

Rick
    Keymaster

Gottfried: We have to funnel Paige to his right, and I want the double team to meet him at the elbows.

Roy: Trap,trap,trap.

K: Alright.We got it out of our system.

This.
    Duke will be better for the loss. We will be better for the win and UNC just sucks.
    I would start calling the MArtin boys “bracelet” cuz they should be tied to Paige’s left hand.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^seriously… wolfpup…

You may know there is a strong brain-link/wire in “analytical types” with the creative side of their brains…

It’s generally under-utilized until boredom sinks in or when they have serious free time and money to spend… or middle age… whichever comes first…

Then it tends to manifest itself in very imaginative and enjoyable ways…

Lots of engineers and scientists are really very good artists or writers..
    Some are even famous…
    —————-
    The reason is really “simple”…

There is a “formula” that defines every “created thing” and …
    the more creative, the more ‘beautiful’ that ‘created thing’ is…
    the ‘simplier’ the underlying formula.

It’s what mathematicians call “the beautiful equation”…

Think about PHI not PI …

:>}

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Rick…

you’re real close there..

Anthony is first up on Paige, then Dez for very short periods, plus the Martins on the double team …
    That doesn’t help Freeman’s minutes but…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.