Clemson game thread: Game #1 of 11 game win streak

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Clemson game thread: Game #1 of 11 game win streak

Viewing 22 posts - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Well, I don’t know about yall, but I’m optimistic after reading that.

13OT’s optimism is unparalleled.

McCallum
    Participant

13OT, bravo.

You captured the essence of Statestupidity perfectly.

Troll,

At least I have balls to shave and unlike you they aren’t about my chin.

McCallum

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I wonder if yow has any regrets that she let Gott finish out the season and then napalm the bridges this past week?

I wonder if there are people that still think she is the best AD we have ever had?

The sooner we get her out and the sooner we get a grownup in that position the better off we will be but after reading 13ot posts I have my doubts that we will screw even that up. I think when the dust settles on the refurbished Reynolds and we look back at Yows tenure which will include 2 basketball hires (one guy was working for Espn at the time) and a football coach that has gone winless in the ACC and cannot break the 3 win mark, then we are going to ask ourselves, WTF was Woodson thinking when he brought her on board.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

^ oh and I forgot about the borderline criminal raises and ext that she gave both for some God knows reason.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I wonder if yow has any regrets that she let Gott finish out the season and then napalm the bridges this past week?

I’m not sure why she would. Pretty much makes the case for her that he lost control of the program. I’m just glad that the timing of the firing is a non-story. Didn’t disadvantage us with any candidate. Now it’s all about going to get the best guy.

As for Gott’s statements implying he was surprised by the firing, well, that’s just total BS. He knows the deal. I heard him for years on espn speculating about coaches’ jobs. He isn’t an idiot. If you are the coach of a major program, and you have a two year ncaa draught, then you are fair game. He knows that. Compound that with losing the team, a team with talent at that, and it is a slam dunk.

Wulfpack
    Participant

“There are probably half the schools in this league that would take our last six years and be excited as hell about it. But for some reason at N.C. State it wasn’t good enough. You look round at all these other [ACC] schools and nobody else is compared the way our program is to North Carolina and Duke.

“Four NCAA Tournaments, two Sweet 16s, two years missed the tournament and they’re hunting for a new coach. Tough neighborhood.’’

BJD95
    Keymaster

By any reasonable standard, State is in a tier with UVA and Ville as the the 3rd most attractive job in the league. Res ipsa loquitor.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Surely Gott can see the number of programs that have jumped us during his tenure. VT and Wake more recently.

Adventuroo
    Participant

If Don McClean had written Goodbye Miss American Pie about NCSU Basketball….in Latin, one of the lines would have been….

Basketball USU mortuus March VIII, MMXVII 2:10 PM EST

He would have included (English Translation)….

Drove my Academy Bus to Barclays, but the results were as predicted….not good…

And Good Ole Boys, like McC, AT, and BotB, were drinking Fescas and Rye….

This be the day that it died….this be the day that it DIED…

There SHOULD have been a ceremonial bonfire on the Brickyard….like the Vikings…

SO, Who will be the LEADER of our “Phoenix” rising out of the ashes?

Did a little googling on Gott’s “boys” that went on to bounce the ball for pay…

Scott Wood – D League

Lo Brown – D League

Lacey – Italy

Warren – NBA

Leslie – D League

Did I leave anyone out?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Dying is “relative”…

This Dog ‘died’ sometime in January of 2016… been on life support ever since…
    The DNR was put in two weeks ago… and the cord unplugged…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    WolfWiz11
    Participant

Did I leave anyone out?

You left out one Anthony “Cat” Barber

Rick
    Keymaster

I think C Will is playing overseas somewhere as is Alex Johnson.
    Unless you are looking only at early entries.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Howell is playing overseas also.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Johnson – D League. Grand Rapids Drive. Lo Brown is a team mate

Barber – D league. Greensboro Swarm

Howell – Israel… Don’t know if he gets flak jacket or hazardous duty stipend.

Looked up Barber last night… Forgot him today.

Thanks for adding in Howell and Johnson.

Totally proves my point

ryebread
    Participant

I’m with Bill. This season has been over since the 51 point loss to UNC. Everything that happened since then just removed all doubt for some. I’m sorry for the players that they dealt with this circus, but am glad it is finally over.

I agree with BJD regarding Gott’s tenure. That first Sweet 16 gave him a mulligan in year two when we laid a giant egg. The second one, and four tournaments allowed us to forgive that we squandered the ACC POY who was a legacy recruit and the best player to come through in a decade. The first 4 years and the recruiting class got him this season, and a refresh of assistants. This season finally removed all doubt.

I’m still okay with Yow letting Gott stay on. There was talent on this team. The last thing we needed was an interim going on a little run and then people buying into the Fool’s Gold. Gott made sure that there was no revival, though I’ll admit that back to back Clemson losses kind of surprised me. That must be how badly the players want this to be over.

What I’m not fine with is Gott running his trap and playing his games. Maybe Yow now sees him for what he is, and will be harder in negotiations with him. Some of the things he’s said to the press could be argued as “damaging.”

MrPlywood
    Participant

For clarification, wasn’t Gott instrumental in sending Lutz out to pasture? Tough neighborhood indeed…

BJD95
    Keymaster

He solely ran him out of town.

choppack1
    Participant

If true Gott is a hypocrite. But, let’s face it, based on what we have heard, we can’t put that kind of behavior past him. As a matter of fact, it’s totally consistent with his behavior.

Unfortunately, the failure to connect these dots is a lost art in journalism. From what I can tell, most journalists don’t really try to ask tough questions if doing so will alter their existing beliefs.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Per an email directly from Coach Lutz….received about a month after he left when he was cleaning out his NCSU Mailbox. I had written him many years ago and we exchanged emails a couple of times per year.
    Had sent him an email in the spring and told him that we appreciated his work and knew that he would do a great job for the University in his new postion…

Gottfried fired me and Debbie let me stay on until I was vested in the NC Retirement System. Thanks for your support. Good luck to the Wolfpack….

That was also what I was told, directly by a highly ranking and candid WPC member. That the “position” for Lutz was created so that he could complete some “level” of vesting in the NC Retirement System. He had several years while at Charlotte.
    No details on that….other than AD Yow interceded.

freshmanin83
    Participant

If Lutz would have stayed do you guys think the D would have been just good to make firing Gott questionable. Like many have been pointing out, Gott kind of made his own bed. Wish all the best to Lutz. I hope Gott gets a coaching job tomorrow too.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The coaching staff being at each other’s throats in practice, etc. is NOT a tenable situation. It was immature and stupid of MG not to be able to make it work, since he was very much the “adult in the room” – but it’s not like we were great on D WITH Lutz, nor once it’s past the point of no return do you have any choice but to let MG play out the “make or break” season with the staff of his choosing.

But yeah, it should DEFINITELY lower or eliminate any sympathy you have for the man, and add yet another black mark in the ol’ personnel file (along with Debbie’s for ignoring too many warning signs with him all along WHEN SHE GAVE HIM THE TOTALLY UNWARRANTED AND INSANE EXTENSION).

ryebread
    Participant

That extension and reworking his contract from incentives based to more base was just baffling to me. The only way it is going to work with a guy like Gott is to keep him very hungry. I had hoped UCLA would hire him, but knew they weren’t that dumb or desperate.

Viewing 22 posts - 101 through 122 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.