Clemson game thread: Game #1 of 11 game win streak

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Clemson game thread: Game #1 of 11 game win streak

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    etab4u
    Participant

That’s officially the season. Damn.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Texpack
    Participant

Yes he had Lutz and yes he had more experience but if I am an NBA GM I am looking for guys who play a team game especially from the PG slot.

lmao okay bud. That’s great. However, to be frank, taking Lo Brown over DSJ right now to build an NBA team around would be retarded.

The lack of effort on the part of DSJ is what would cause me to have MAJOR reservations about drafting him, especially with a top 5-10 pick. Those guys have to lead by example and I have not seen anybody with DSJ’s level of effort take the floor this year in the NBA, much less be a starter. He has shown that he has excellent talent, but so did Chris Washburn. In fact Wash showed a lot more than DSJ has in terms of NBA potential.

Gowolves
    Participant

FastBack, I will be in Charlotte for that game.

Did anyone mention or notice the pullovers the team was wearing on the bench. It read, “Secure Yours”. I’m sure it means something inspirational but talking about tone def to the season. Selfish bast*rds! SMH

MrPlywood
    Participant

It read, “Secure Yours”

If Gott was doing his job it would have said “You’re Secure”.

44rules
    Participant

Didn’t watch. Had to work or would have. A bittersweet ending to the Gott era.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

freshmanin83
    Participant

This team should have been dances with wolves instead we get coyote ugly.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Let’s all take a moment of silence for the gracious and merciful end of this basketball season…
    and then find something to be Thankful for…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

I’m thankful for the years of loyal service that BJ Anya gave to the Pack. 20/20 hindsight, but I think his career would have been very different with a competent coach.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

The lack of effort on the part of DSJ is what would cause me to have MAJOR reservations about drafting him, especially with a top 5-10 pick. Those guys have to lead by example and I have not seen anybody with DSJ’s level of effort take the floor this year in the NBA, much less be a starter.

Couple of things.

#1 I haven’t seen any evidence of a “lack of effort” on the part of DSJ. The kid averaged 35 minutes a game and played full throttle every minute that I’ve been watching. If you want to project that the kid has some kind of an attitude problem and plays when he he feels like playing (ala Randy Moss) then that’s your opinion that you’re entitled to. I don’t see that at all.

#2 You must not watch much NBA. Have you seen the Knicks play defense this year? You watch any Nets games? You think the Kings are balling out, do you? Those guys are out there playing 82 games a season and traveling all across the country every other day, so it’s no surprise you’ll see NBA teams “taking a day off” when there’s in fact a game on the schedule. Some teams do it much more frequently than others.

Gowolves
    Participant

The lack of effort on the part of DSJ is what would cause me to have MAJOR reservations about drafting him, especially with a top 5-10 pick. Those guys have to lead by example and I have not seen anybody with DSJ’s level of effort take the floor this year in the NBA, much less be a starter.

Couple of things.

#1 I haven’t seen any evidence of a “lack of effort” on the part of DSJ. The kid averaged 35 minutes a game and played full throttle every minute that I’ve been watching. If you want to project that the kid has some kind of an attitude problem and plays when he he feels like playing (ala Randy Moss) then that’s your opinion that you’re entitled to. I don’t see that at all.

#2 You must not watch much NBA. Have you seen the Knicks play defense this year? You watch any Nets games? You think the Kings are balling out, do you? Those guys are out there playing 82 games a season and traveling all across the country every other day, so it’s no surprise you’ll see NBA teams “taking a day off” when there’s in fact a game on the schedule. Some teams do it much more frequently than others.

#1 I have seen his attitude all year. At times he has played hard but in my opinion its been all about him all year. I cringed when he said in an interview in December after a loss saying in a loose quote “I take responsibility for our losses and our wins.” That’s fine if you think that but you can’t say that out loud. His demeanor on the court spoke volumes the whole ACC season.

#2 He will do just fine in the NBA. Will be a stud. Reminds me of a unpolished Russell Westbrook.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I have seen his attitude all year. At times he has played hard but in my opinion its been all about him all year.

We’ve been over this. That was the GAME PLAN drawn up by the coach. To have this be the DSJ show. Just like it was the TJ Warren show. He was following the game plan. That doesn’t translate into having a bad attitude. Where do you guys come up with this stuff? This is the first I’m hearing that DSJ had a crappy attitude and didn’t give any effort.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Not with a bang but a whimper.

I look forward to life with a real freaking coach.

GoldenChain
    Participant

If you wanted a freakin’ coach from what I understand Gott should have been your man! In fact that’s probably been his issue at more than one school.

PackofMac
    Participant

If you don’t watch/listen you don’t have a hair on your arse!

Coach has been saying for the last 10 games THIS team has a run in it and you’ll miss out on a historic chapter in WP sports history.

Uhhh, the roof is the ceiling chains, the roof is the ceiling

PackofMac
    Participant

If you wanted a freakin’ coach from what I understand Gott should have been your man! In fact that’s probably been his issue at more than one school.

again, the roof is the ceiling.

Texpack
    Participant

I watch almost every Rockets game so I’m spared the garbage in the Eastern Conference for the most part. I also watch some random NBA from time to time. I still haven’t seen DSJ level effort in the NBA. The NBA game will be more friendly to him, but I still wouldn’t draft him before the 20-25 range.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Yeah the Rockets have likely spoiled you.

I still haven’t seen DSJ level effort in the NBA.

Honestly, I don’t understand what that means. Are you saying DSJ doesn’t play with enough effort to be successful in the NBA? The entirety of our program this season was designed around him being the focal point. He played at a break neck pace practically every game. I’m not gonna dump on the kid for the coach not giving him a tighter leash or attempting to instill discipline and help him improve his basketball IQ.

I’ll agree he didn’t get better and correct mistakes over the course of this season. But nobody else on the team did either. Who’s fault is that?

I’ll also agree that his defensive ability was lacking, but again who the heck on the team can you not say that about?

Does the fault fall on the players or coaches in these situations? I think it lands squarely on Gott.

If DSJ lands in capable hands in the NBA he’ll be a force.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, DSJ needs discipline and a firm coaching hand in the worst way. He did NOT need to be tossed the keys and said go ‘head and drive son! like Gott did this season. Pissed his teammates off and stunted his own development.

But the raw skill is so much I can’t imagine he doesn’t still go lottery, though admittedly I know as much about the NBA as I do The Bachelor.

McCallum
    Participant

Didnt watch.

Don’t care.

My goodness, I’ve overdone it with the crushed red pepper tonight.

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Didnt watch.

Don’t care.

My goodness, I’ve overdone it with the crushed red pepper tonight.

McCallum

We all know you didn’t watch, Mick. You were too busy taking estrogen supplements and shaving your balls.

lmao love you, bro!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

But the raw skill is so much I can’t imagine he doesn’t still go lottery, though admittedly I know as much about the NBA as I do The Bachelor.

I sh!t you not, they got Bachelor Fantasy leagues now. How sweet is that?

Wife makes me watch every season.. talk about a “progressive” show.

13OT
    Participant

I tried to listen to this game at work today, but it was sickening. I am so sick of the Wolfpack brand of street ball, performed by NBA wannabees, that I could puke.

So now another Debbie Yow hire rides off into the sunset, with a fat wallet and an overall losing ACC record (48-58), leaving the revenue programs still mired in mediocrity. Please don’t preach to me about the 4 NCAAT appearances, which these days are little more than a bowl appearance when you consider that it is no longer a major accomplishment like it was in years past.

What can we expect next from the astute AD? If she reads the News & Observer, the decision of who’s next won’t be hard since the paper is pushing hard for a PC hire from the Port City. And please don’t preach to me about what’s PC; EVERYTHING the N&O and their political hack sports writers put on paper is predicated on political correctness.

I have little faith that the NCSU administration has learned that they aren’t likely to re-invent the wheel. My money is that they are still convinced, after decades of HC failures, that they can hire the next great young coaching prospect and make him the next Dean or Mike. AND they can probably do it on a bargain basement price. Well, by now they ought to be able to identify the basement.

With the current leadership in West Raleigh, I expect us to remain in contention for the ACC cellar in both football and basketball. It’s not like the money isn’t here, or the opportunity.

Enjoy the post-season. I don’t know how long this coaching search will be, but I guarantee you it’ll be textbook witless, just like the decision to keep Gottfried after firing him. I just wish we could have seen these kids play a half dozen or so games under someone else. Maybe something might have been salvaged instead of savaged.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Well, I don’t know about yall, but I’m optimistic after reading that.

etab4u
    Participant

Unlike “past results” in the stock market,in hiring and organizational behavior past actions are indicative of future behavior and results. This is the basis brhind the Targeted Selection hiring process. In the case of NCSU, we have 30 years of hiring and accepting mediocrity on the part of ADs and Administrations. Who or where is the change agent to expect anything different? Are we to believe it’s DY? Expectations are higher than with Fowler but that’s not real hard. Really not hard. Does anyone have examples that demonstrate why we should hope for better this time around? I’m not being critical – just been down this road before and have low expectations.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.