Cheaters game thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Cheaters game thread

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Don’t worry, WolfWiz11, you’ll be a fan again next year when we’re winning.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Let me just take a sec to interject, win or lose, what a friggin awesome coaching job by Gott to have us playing this well ON THE ROAD against our rival and the #5 team in the nation after the 0-4 conference start. He’s got our asses playing beyond our abilities in this one.

Wufpacker wrote:
    Played ’em about as tough as we could. Tie game at the half, and we outplayed them the first 20 IMHO.
    2nd half we ran out of gas and played 5 on 8 a good bit of the time. I think it was a 12 point diff when the buzzer sounded.
    But we’ve got nothing to hang our heads about. /end Wuf

Grrrr, had to miss this one. Just got back. Although I’m not a fan of moral victories, it sounds like the boys acquitted themselves well.

mowog67
    Participant

That was the game plan this team can win with. Props for a fresh look on offense. A little ball control, less 3s, more shots at the basket, and capitalize on the teams strength…offensive rebounding.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

One Helluva Coaching job to get our kids mentally and physically ready to go the Dome for a massacre…
    and…
    One Helluva of effort and execution by our kids…

Coach has GOTT to be ACC Coach of the Year this season…

=================

We have nine players…
    one is injured..
    that leaves eight…

one guard and seven forwards…
    that means two guys are playing out of position all the time regardless of the opponent…

Honestly, I’m almost surprised that we play as good a set offense and strong defense as we do…

did I mention… three of the eight are Freshman ?

Like I said…

GO PACK!

POP!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

Holy hell that’s absurd.
    Recruiting and keeping your players is a part of coaching not an excuse for a crappy year.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Buzz or Brownell will be your coach of the year.

Didn’t watch this one. We’re 0-5 and in the basement, with two tough ones coming up this week. Fantastic!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Recruiting and keeping your players is a part of coaching not an excuse for a crappy year.

This is a true statement…

and in no ways was I making excuses….

————–

But you still GOTT to lead them in practice and during the games…
    and you don’t get to be ACC Coach of the Year when you have a bench full of Mac5stars and Seniors..

just ask Uncle Roy and Mikey the Rat ’bout that…

rbwolfpack
    Participant

Rick my friend I agree with you. Im just thankful i quit watching them after Wake. I hope the best for them but proof is what is on the floor.

Rick
    Keymaster

This is a true statement…

and in no ways was I making excuses….

————–

But you still GOTT to lead them in practice and during the games…
    and you don’t get to be ACC Coach of the Year when you have a bench full of Mac5stars and Seniors..

just ask Uncle Roy and Mikey the Rat ’bout that…

Bill,
    I have to appreciate someone who can be so optimistic he suggests a winless coach for COY.
    I truly tip my hat to you.

Rick
    Keymaster

For the record my 3&4 the grade girls team is undefeated.
    Anyone want my coaches view point? 😉

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

An Observation…

I hope Anthony “Cat” Barbour doesn’t get a complex of some sort about playing in the Dean Dome…
    which might be the Number One reason he’s wearing Red and White his Senior Year…

We all remember the infamous CatAgainstTheWorld – 1 for 13 from the floor- game his freshman year…
    Today it took all they had with THREE TarHOLES to keep the Cat on a leash…

Equal credit must be given to Coach and Anthony for all the hard work they both put in during the last two years…

Player Development is as important in evaluating Coaches as Wins and Losses…
    We GOTT to give GOTT & Company a “A” in this..

————

Rick… of course… the idea that GOTT will be ACC Coach of the Year this year is absurb on seven different levels…

I was just trying to create an equilibrium of absurdity relative to the level of conversation on SFN lately…

Now do you your girls average more than 20 points a game and what kind of defense do you teach ’em ?

Rick
    Keymaster

I was just trying to create an equilibrium of absurdity relative to the level of conversation on SFN lately

I hardly think complaints on the state of this program are absurd but to each his own.

Ncsu should never be dfl

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

This is the first UNC/State game I have missed by choice in probably 8 years. Yet, I feel strangely fine. I called my dad who is a huge State fan/donor despite not going to the school and asked him if he watched it. He said he spent the afternoon in the yard and forgot all about it. Times are a’changing my friends and its not for the better.

Glad our kids made UNC work in the first.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Just saw where UNC got the #1 soph recruit from NC. How in the hell is this still happening with sanctions on the horizon and Roy eyeballing retirement. Something doesnt add up here. Are we really in a position to make a strong move when roy boy, K, Pitino, etc leave for the golden road? Its like our program is imploding in slow motion and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Rick
    Keymaster

Just saw where UNC got the #1 soph recruit from NC. How in the hell is this still happening with sanctions on the horizon and Roy eyeballing retirement. Something doesnt add up here. Are we really in a position to make a strong move when roy boy, K, Pitino, etc leave for the golden road? Its like our program is imploding in slow motion and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

Oh you think UNC is going have something happen to them?
    How quaint.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

“Equilibrium of Absurdity” …

does have a nice ring to it…

I GOTT that from Quantum Physics… which the “normal” rules of physical & mechanical physics are contradicted all the time..

which requires new paradigmatic thinking in order to explain the world around you…

enjoy!
    :>}

————-

Tell us more about your girls Rick…
    Might be more fun that whatever else we have to discuss..

Rick
    Keymaster

Tell us more about your girls Rick…
    Might be more fun that whatever else we have to discuss..

If you really want to know. This is the first year they are allowing zones. So I am running a 1-3-1 trap. I tried a motion offense assuming the other coach would run a zone but she stuck with man so I will run a double pick instead.
    We only had two practices so it was ugly but tons of fun.

Rick
    Keymaster

Oh I tried to change the offense at half time. It was crazy.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Oh you think UNC is going have something happen to them?
    How quaint.

What can I say, I am an eternal optimist.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Rick…

the 1-3-1 with kids is borderline brilliant as most coaches at the lower levels lean heavily on a 2-3 because it’s a lot easier…
    so then in practice they learn the offense that goes with the 2-3 …

when the kids try to play a 2-3 offense against a 1-3-1 it’s a total disaster…

now… what I did when I was coaching is this..
    I would setup my zone defense so that it looked like a 2-3 …

The other Coach yells “ZONE” to his kids and they go into the 2-3 offense..
    when the ball went to one side or the another the forward comes up and the guard traps and you in the 1-3-1…

try that…

Rick
    Keymaster

Rick…

the 1-3-1 with kids is borderline brilliant as most coaches at the lower levels lean heavily on a 2-3 because it’s a lot easier…
    so then in practice they learn the offense that goes with the 2-3 …

when the kids try to play a 2-3 offense against a 1-3-1 it’s a total disaster…

now… what I did when I was coaching is this..
    I would setup my zone defense so that it looked like a 2-3 …

The other Coach yells “ZONE” to his kids and they go into the 2-3 offense..
    when the ball went to one side or the another the forward comes up and the guard traps and you in the 1-3-1…

try that…

Good idea. I want to execute the 1-3-1 correctly first (it was very chaotic today) but even if the other coach knows what to do, very few girls can hit the baseline shots needed to beat that zone.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

1-3-1 with little girls executing? I salute you sir and sincerely wish you best of luck! Could be a game changer, Rick!

Texpack
    Participant

Girls are good at trapping so a 1-3-1 is an obvious choice.

As for the Pack, nobody will comment on the effort when we post a perfect season. It’s just sad to watch. I tried to avoid it but the shredder overheated.

choppack1
    Participant

Rick – go with man-to-man – of course, you probably can’t call it that. If you can get kids to play that with passion, very effective.

Regarding the team itself, they did a solid job today. This year is no longer about making the tournament, its about avoiding a devastating setback and playing well enough so we’re not a bad joke in the eyes of recruits, but rather perceived as a program just player or two away from contending for something special.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Girls are good at trapping so a 1-3-1 is an obvious choice.

oh yeah…

Rick…

you DO have your best player running the baseline in the 1-3-1 don’t you???

and IF you tell them … when they’re are on Defense… they are “distractors” instead of defenders..
    their eyes will get big and sparkle and they will amaze you…

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 133 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.