CFN PreSpring Ranking

Home Forums StateFans Football CFN PreSpring Ranking

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

Spring practice starts on the 25th of this month with the Spring Game on April Fools Day — some say an appropriate day. 😉 College Football News preseason ranking has NC State ranked number 27th. The link is below and here are a few high lights:

“Only three starters are gone from an offense … that seemed like it figured it out late, while the defense gets back eight starters from the nation’s 24th-best defense.

“NC State Wolfpack Biggest Issue” is pretty obvious: “Replacing Matthew Dayes. Losing S Josh Jones early to the NFL, and having to replace CB Jack Tocho is a concern, but the rest of the defense should be terrific.

“NC State Wolfpack Biggest Positive
    The defensive front might be among the nation’s best. … but with Bradley Chubb returning for his senior year, NC State has a loaded front seven that should be every bit as good as the one there finished eighth in the nation against the run. The Pack out sacked opponents 37-17 last season … Almost all of the pass rushing production returns.

“Really, Why Are The NC State Wolfpack Ranked Here?
    … Watch out – while State won’t be good enough to win a title, this will be the type of team no one wants to face.”

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/2017-prespring-rankings-no-27-nc-state-wolfpack

Heelh8r
    Participant

I thought the biggest issue would be FG kicking. Dayes will be missed, but really, we are still loaded at RB. Has Frazier recovered from his injury? Not hearing anything about him, but I know the potential is still there. Josh Jones will also be missed, he was a beast tackling, but we have depth there also. I don’t think we have any big weaknesses, just hope we can get it done.

Greywolf
    Participant

I thought the biggest issue would be FG kicking. Dayes will be missed, but really, we are still loaded at RB. Has Frazier recovered from his injury? Not hearing anything about him, but I know the potential is still there. Josh Jones will also be missed, he was a beast tackling, but we have depth there also. I don’t think we have any big weaknesses, just hope we can get it done.

FG kicking? Well, duh? How the heck did they miss that?

I’m with you in that I don’t have any strong concerns about replacing anybody in particular. Not to take anything away from Dayes, Jones or Tocho but as good as they were, they aren’t irreplaceable.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, I am fine with our other tailbacks. Honestly, we didn’t seem to miss a beat with the other guys in the game (at least at 95% capacity). Tocho was just sort of there.

The kicking…ay yi yi. And Coach Dave needs to work on his maths.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.