CFB Saturday 9/6 Open Thread

Home Forums StateFans Football CFB Saturday 9/6 Open Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Already in the Week #2 books:
    Arizona held on to top the UTSA Roadrunners on Thursday night, 26-23 final.
    Pitt topped BC in Friday night’s early game, 30-20; while Wazzou fell to that other Wolf Pack in the nightcap, 24-13.

ACC Games:
    SC State @ (23)Clemson, 12:30pm
    Richmond @ UVa, 3:30pm
    GT @ Tulane, 4pm, ESPNNews
    ODU @ NCSU, 6pm
    Gardner-Webb @ Wake, 6:30pm
    Murray St. @ Louisville, 7pm
    Florida A&M @ UMiami, 7pm
    Duke @ Troy, 7pm
    Citadel @ (1)FSU, 7:30pm
    VT @ (8)tOSU, 8pm, ESPN
    SDSU @ (21)UNC-CH, 8pm

Top 25:
    (20)K-State @ Iowa State, 12pm, FS1
    Western Illinois @ (8)Wiscy, 12pm, B1GN
    (24)Mizzou @ Toledo, 12pm, ESPN
    FAU @ (2)Bama, 12pm, SECN
    McNeese St. @ (19)Nebraska, 12pm, ESPNU
    (4)Oklahoma @ Tulsa, 12pm, ABC
    (14)USC @ (13)Stanford, 3:30pm, ABC
    (15)Ole Miss @ Vandy, 4:30pm, ESPN
    (7)Sparty @ (3)Oregon, 6:30pm, FOX
    ECU @ (21)SCar, 7pm, ESPNU
    San Jose St. @ (5)Auburn, 7pm, ESPN2
    (17)ASU @ New Mexico, 7pm, CBSSN
    Lamar @ (9)TAMU, 7:30pm, SECN
    Northwestern St @ (10)Baylor, 7:30pm, RSN
    Sam Houston St. @ (12)LSU, 7:30pm, SECN
    Michigan @(16)Notre Dame, 7:30, NBC
    Memphis @(12)UCLA, 10pm, PAC12N

Feel free to talk about these and any other games which catch your fancy.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Iowa State looks like boiled medical waste-level garbage. And from the “it could always be worse” file…we could be Purdue (down 14-nil at home to Central Michigan, coming off 1-11 season).

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I’m watching the mizzu/toledo game. Sure glad that State doesn’t play the Rockets this year.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well, look at the Cyclones making BJD’s hot mess a little cooler, for now at least.

Wufpacker
    Participant

And from the “it could always be worse” file…we could be Purdue (down 14-nil at home to Central Michigan, coming off 1-11 season).

Rece Davis with the Boilermaker dig “I use the term ‘Power 5 member’ loosely when referring to Purdue”.

Ouch.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Ouch, that does leave a mark, Rece. Hooray for Cyclone resurrection, maybe makes up for how UTSA came back to cover Thursday.

redcanine
    Participant

Today’s early games suck. I’m a watch Sergio play the front before the USC/STAN matchup.

We’re gonna get smoked in the Ryder Cup, btw.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agree with Va. Toledo would give us fits.

Ryder Cup? What is that, some kind of rental truck race? (I’m joking, fwiw)

BJD95
    Keymaster

Get some bikers all hepped up on angel dust, give them Ryder trucks, tell em to race from one end of I-40 to the other. That would be great tv.

George Carlin on televised golf: “I’d rather watch flies f-ck.”

But yeah, the early games suck. We never play the noon window (same applies next week) when there is nothing else on worth watching.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Get some bikers all hepped up on angel dust, give them Ryder trucks, tell em to race from one end of I-40 to the other. That would be great tv.

I know, right?!?!?!?

I knew picking Penn State to cover was a risk. Even now, CTC smites me.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Speaking of “where are they now?”…fatass Mangino is somehow still alive and Iowa State’s OC.

Not to be confused with OG. Methinks his gangsta cred is quite limited.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hee hee. You’re enjoying your recuperation way too much.

I’m trying to see PSU go up 18 before ‘hauling today’s load’.
    Dammit, intercepted in the red zone while I’m typing. They’re molesting my good faith.

TheCOWDOG

As a rule, 2nd week games are tricksters. Basically the better teams just came off from “cupcakes” (if they still exist) and you haven’t learned anything.

Or…Teams that went head to head against like opponents last week, are into their “cupcakes” this week, asking you to cover outrageous numbers.

I saw nothing today that sent off the bells, but I’m itchy and this close to calling in USC (West) and San Diego State.

Wufpacker
    Participant

There it is Penn State, now don’t screw it up. I still wouldn’t turn my back on you.

Glad I didn’t pick the Huskers to cover.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Nebraska is the luckiest bunch of f-ckers in the college football world.

Looks like Cyclones will blow the game, but probably still cover. But a late pick six could still screw me over.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Loving Wuf’s Team Bad Touch puns.

I have no clue what to expect in Trojans/Tree. If I had to pick that game, I’d flip a coin.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Cowbells/UAB is on FSCR. You simply must see the Blazers’ David Lynchian “fever dream” helmets.

redcanine
    Participant

The Complete Wreck from Georgia Tech looking very ACCIsh against Tulane. Down 14-7 and just turned it over.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The shitshow that is the Coastal, looking to set new lows this season.

Watching a little of Johnny Reb and Vandy, the latter being where Rivers’ kid brother transferred. No big loss the Rivers family snubbed NC State, the guy kinda sucks.

The Tree trying to get the go-ahead score before halftime. They punted from SC’s 29 earlier. For reals. 9 yards net.

TheCOWDOG

My SoCal Beach Blondie is officially outta control.

It’s only week 2.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Her Men of Troy could have a really good year, now that no longer coached by an overgrown 4-year old.

This is interesting, from Pac-12 Network. At the HALF, Washington leads Eastern Washington 37-31. May have to make that a flipping option.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Stormin’ Mormons embarrass the Longhorns again, this time in Austin. Perhaps they will fire Manny Diaz again.

VPI up two scores on THE shitty Ohio State University. Meeeechigan getting spanked by the Domers. As bad as the B1G was last year, even worse this go-round. That conference will send nobody to the playoffs.

Aztecs in the course of blowing a 14-point second half lead, because God hates me.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I think it’s fitting they have prison stripes on UNC’s midfield logo.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yeah, WTF is up with those stripes?

And I’m not totally certain that the striped ACC logo doesn’t break one of the usage guidelines in the 63 page logo bible they put out. If it doesn’t, it should. That’s seriously fugly.

We should go with Red w/ white polka dots at some point just to test the fence.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Aztecs blow it 🙁

Not sure why Chapel Hill is ranked. Actually, yeah – they’re the ‘sleeping giants’ and all that, but the ‘Notre Dame’ effect is strong with them in the rankings.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.