CFB Coaching Carousel

Home Forums StateFans Football CFB Coaching Carousel

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    YogiNC
    Participant

FB68, Leary had a ton of offers from almost all of the top programs in the mid atlantic up to the north east. We should hope that he could redshirt next year and be ready for 2019.

We have 10 NC commits. This class has a lot of good to great kids.

Smarter than the average bear

Pack78
    Participant

Pack is #24 in the final CFP poll…still waiting to find out our Bowl destination.

Greywolf
    Participant

I hear Leary is over 8 feet tall and can run a 3.8 50.

Oh, you’ve seen his film. 😉

And he leaps tall buildings with a single bound…

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/devin-leary-2434

Greywolf
    Participant

Pack is #24 in the final CFP poll…still waiting to find out our Bowl destination.

Sun Bowl vs. ASU

Fastback68
    Participant

It’s fun to speculate who will be back next year. I thought if Finley and Hines had big numbers in a bowl with a name opponent that might be enough to go pro with their other accomplishments to date. Can’t wait to hear the nfl feedback. Now that it’s the sun devils who knows.

I’ve read quite a bit on Leary. I don’t know the year where junior or senior ol and dlines intersect with seasoned skill positions especially at qb. Will Leary redshirt? Will Jalan or McKay start if Finley leaves? Is that redshirt Florida rb a sleeper for next year? Is Leary a real dual threat? Summer discussions will be interesting.

Greywolf
    Participant

It’s fun to speculate who will be back next year. I thought if Finley and Hines had big numbers in a bowl with a name opponent that might be enough to go pro with their other accomplishments to date. Can’t wait to hear the nfl feedback. Now that it’s the sun devils who knows.

Not saying you are wrong just presenting a different point of view… One game rarely makes a significant difference in draft status. Finley’s body of work will be a bigger factor IF he decides to enter the draft. He didn’t play well in cold weather. Another year could dispel those cold weather doubts.

If Finley leaves… Leary will be starting by the time the ACC part of the schedule rolls around.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Gus stays. Sumlin top target at UCF. Fulmer reached out to Les Miles.

Fastback68
    Participant

Yes, Les Miles to UT is said to be done deal.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Herm Edwards to ASU

Fastback68
    Participant

Dabo to Bama after 2018

YogiNC
    Participant

^I’m not sure Bama would fire Nicky, nor would Bama have enough money to buy out Nicky and pay Dabo more than Clemson could. The Iptay club could amass a BIG sum of money to hold on to Dabo. He is the proverbial cash cow (pun intended..agri school) in those parts.

Smarter than the average bear

tractor57
    Participant

The buyout and the contract would be nearly impossible to top as like as Dabo continues to produce great teams. Like Danny Ford from years ago he has won the hearts of the Tiger faithful – rightfully so.Once Tricky Nicky does leave Bama we shall see but I doubt Daba will move.

tractor57
    Participant

During the Danny Ford days I lived in the area. I was always treated well win or lose but you could see the passion there.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

VT’s coach is showing up in rumors for FSU, but he says that he has declined to talk to those that have called.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/03/justin-fuente-says-he-is-not-talking-to-anyone-about-any-potential-job-offers/

Pack1997
    Participant

Why would you want to coach FSU over VT, other than more money of course.

ryebread
    Participant

I thought Tennessee would go after Fuentes. He’s already had success in state.

If I were FSU, I’d be targeting someone with experience in the state of Florida.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Yep. FSU is going after Taggart (Oregon’s coach and formely of USF).

BassPacker
    Participant

Dabo not going anywhere but move into his new 15,000 sq ft castle in Clemson. Not sure why all the comments on being down next season. With all that’s reported and happening, should maintain or be better. DD has the 24th ranked recruiting class in nation coming in. With qb Leary, running back Person and linebacker Wilson, we should be fine. All three are ALL Americans and potential impact players unless redshirted. And rumors are that Dax Hollifield is considering his verbal commit from UNC and opening up visit to NC State. He is a horse at middle linebacker. Stanford is alos high on his list but he wants to play with WIlson, why both had verbaled to UNC. If he comes, we could see the highest ranked and best recruiting class in NC State football history.

Perhaps we could see more of DD slapping the Hat:

Fedora Ask Dave not Take Wilson from Him

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Perhaps we could see more of DD slapping the Hat:

Take every damn one of them we want this year and don’t look back!!!

After this year… if they are talking to Coach Hat and not the Wolfpack, there’s a reason, like they don’t want to go to class or something and we probably won’t want ’em, ’cause it just ain’t gonna work out…

Ask G. Walston… he might tell ya the truth…

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

Arkansas hires Hunter Yurachek from UH as their AD. Pigs said to be looking at Morris and Norvell now that their native son has gone all in with War Eagle.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Willie Taggart headed back to sunny FLA…
    NOLES are glad they ain’t Volunteers…

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    rthomas44
    Participant

Noles are going to take a real setback.

Pack1997
    Participant

not from 6-6 they won’t. Jury is still out on Taggart, but I think he is a solid hire for the Noles.

ryebread
    Participant

I’m probably in the minority, but I think that FSU just upgraded. I remember a Taggert led USF team give FSU all they could handle when FSU had Winston. That was Taggert at a fairly moribund USF vs Jimbo when he had it rolling at FSU. Time will tell.

I had thought Oregon had Taggert locked up with that extension. I guess FSU decided to pay $$$$$.

Pack1997
    Participant

I agree Rye. I don’t the extension was signed. It was offered but I think he was waiting on FSU and Jimbo thing to workout before he signed it. It’s why FSU was pushing Jimbo to hurry up and make a decision.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.