Catch the Tiger by the tail Game Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Catch the Tiger by the tail Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 526 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

Started with a Clos du Bois cabernet, sipping as I punch thumbs.

Willets on the back burner, at least an hour away.

I have no clue what to expect from the bigs. but I’m damned sure they gotta board. Frenchie to set the tone.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Dewar’s White Label is not that bad to me

Wolfanatic
    Participant

I think that our defensive intensity early on will decide if you should retire early or not…wadka or not..

TheCOWDOG

Dewar’s is all good. Who can resist the lil’ Scotty?

13OT
    Participant

The BC loss has put State in a predicament of having to win at least their next 3 if not 4 games to reach the NCAAT. Beating Clemson and Syracuse plus a fellow bottom-feeder in the ACCT next Wednesday isn’t likely going to improve State’s stature with the Selection Committee.

If State gets to next Thursday in the ACCT and wins, that might do it. Maybe. I know what the “bubble experts” keep saying, but State, to me, has reached the point that they simply cannot afford another bad loss. We know that they’ve got some really good wins, but they’re really stinking up the joint right now after the BC disaster. Being swept by Clemson would guarantee the Pack an invite to the NIT if they aren’t playing in Greensboro on March 14.

Simply stated, this team has GOTT to start beating the teams that they should beat. They’ve GOTT to start playing DEFENSE. Will they do that tonight? Who the hell knows? Least of all me.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^nothing beats any good Single Malt…
    I started on Dewars but it’s a little mild and waterly now..

so much for the Yellow Jackets who can’t get it up tonight..
    already down 17 after 17 minutes and 10 turnovers…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Tonight, I am going with cheap organic red wine from Trader Joe’s. Organic means no sulfites added = lower chances/intensity of hangover and/or migraine.

ILPackfan
    Participant

Although maybe considering a Schlitz in honor of ClemPson.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

In honor of Coach Abatemarco’s EW + SunDrop I’m having cheap brandy + Mtn Dew

choppack1
    Participant

I am a beer man – I have moved onto IPA’s which makes the 2+ hour drinking sessions I like to engage in a bit risky. The damn upheaval IPA at the local bar gave me a wicked hangover Wednesday and resulted in me missing church for the first time due to overindulgence in quite a while.

As for the game, this is huge. We have a team with whom we can easily dispense if we are on our A game. Of course, we have seen what can happen if we are not on ours.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^chop… some of ’em IPAs are pretty good, but I can’t chug ’em … GOTTa sip ”em…

you are forgiven…

especially since you GOTT drunk on Wednesday Tuedsay night and missed church on Sunday…

Fastback68
    Participant

My go to is Woodford Reserve.

I would like to Double Oak Mila which would make me an eskimo brother with a guy who tapped Demi Moore. Now that’s living.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Re “Gott’s seat getting warmer” I think objectively if the Pack comes out and lays an egg like they did against BC that his seat will definitely start rising over room temperature. There’s little excuse for a team with this level of talent to play that poorly in a critical game, celebration hangover or not.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… looks like we’re all gonna feeling good by gametime…

TheCOWDOG

Since Alpha has shown us signs, I’m poised to ask when I get my invite for his home brew.

???

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I’m putting some in the fermenter Friday, so we should all plan something for the May timeframe. Seriously.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Seriously…

With the SFN gang, that a “serious” non sequitur…

Wufpacker
    Participant

Sadly, I’m flying sober tonight. I might be sorry later I guess. Plus I feel left out.

Nonetheless, listening to all of you brag made this get stuck in my head, so I figured I’d share…

TheCOWDOG

Wuf, bro, no need for sads.
    Tonight…I will quaff yours.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Plus I feel left out.

choppack1
    Participant

Bill – yes those ipa’s have a kick. I have become a huge fan of a local brewery’s mild brew (inspired by bitter they have in UK.)

As for forgiveness – you and cow have now both tendered it..and its appreciated as is the comic relief before the big game. Cuz sometimes the game ain’t funny!

Wufpacker
    Participant

LOL…now I feel better-ish?

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I prefer brews that have balance between hops and malt. They’re less bitter, don’t give that sedative-like effect of high IBU beers and easier to drink more than one of. But that’s just me.

Lately, I’ve been enjoying Le Fin Du Monde and Duvel, which are both Belgian Golden Ales. They also have a high ABU%, relatively speaking…11% or so.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I prefer brews that have balance between hops and malt. They’re less bitter, don’t give that sedative-like effect of high IBU beers and easier to drink more than one of. But that’s just me.

Lately, I’ve been enjoying Le Fin Du Monde and Duvel, which are both Belgian Golden Ales. They also have a high ABU%, relatively speaking…11% or so.

Hey now, Abu don’t drink or do bacon!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 526 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.