Catch the Tiger by the tail Game Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Catch the Tiger by the tail Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 526 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

NC State @ Clemson … 9pm – Fox Sports Regional GoPack | ACC Standings A win would be, um, valuable.
    [See the full post at: Catch the Tiger by the tail Game Thread]

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Espn Bubble Watch

NC State [17-12 (8-8), RPI: 51, SOS: 5] Of course the Wolfpack couldn’t make things easy. After three straight wins — including two marquee bubble wins, at Louisville and North Carolina — NC State had to go and lose on the road to Boston College. It was State’s first sub-150 RPI loss of the season, and one that put some of its loss-column flaws, like a 12-11 record against the top 150, into sharper relief. The work done in Louisville and Chapel Hill was too good to be erased by a loss in Chestnut Hill, even a 79-63 loss. To some extent, NC State was probably just exhausted. We can all empathize. This team has come a long way in the past three weeks, both tangibly and emotionally. That’s kind of the point: This team has gone from the bubble fringe to relative safety, further than any other bubble team this season. To put itself back on the bubble with bad losses now — continuing with Clemson on Tuesday — would be a genuine shame.

choppack1
    Participant

Yes it was. I do think the emotional fatigue of being on the bubble is greater than the physical fatigue.

Unfortunately, we’ve created a situation where any slip could be fatal in the next 3 games. Another quality win would be huge and should quiet the critics. Again, I think we really need to win tonight. 2 straight and we don’t have to beat another “good” team until NCAA tournament.

ILPackfan
    Participant

Well, since 2008, the Pack is 1-6 at Littlejohn. The one win was the squeaker in 2013 when Scott Wood hit a trey in the corner with time expiring. Anyway, it would be a great time to start bucking that trend and pick up a road win before Syracuse comes to town.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I hope to be pleasantly surprised tonight. The key words being “hope” and “surprised”. And while there’s no shame losing at Clemson, we really, really need to not go into Saturday’s finale vs ‘Cuse feeling like our backs are to the wall.

As an aside, is Taylor’s middle name Gwen by chance? “Ahh…bad lighting on the porch”.

WTNY
    Participant

Thanks for that Wufpacker! Needed the laugh.

We will still lose, but the laugh was good.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I didn’t get a nap in today (hey, I’m OLD), and I’ve grudgingly decided to stay awake for the late (shit)show. So PLEAZ make it worth my while, or I WILL BE VERY ANGRY ON TEH INTERNET.

Fastback68
    Participant

It’s a Stranahan’s night.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Is that a new strain of heroin? If so, sharing is caring.

Texpack
    Participant

Well, since 2008, the Pack is 1-6 at Littlejohn. The one win was the squeaker in 2013 when Scott Wood hit a trey in the corner with time expiring. Anyway, it would be a great time to start bucking that trend and pick up a road win before Syracuse comes to town.

Aided by a most excellent moving screen on the part of Richard Howell.

I won’t wear socks tonight to watch the game. I’m convinced that’s where I screwed up Saturday.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It’s a Stranahan’s night.

Colorado “bourbon”… No such thing! (Still very good stuff)

Fastback68
    Participant

^ Still undecided. Much more drinking research to be done. Flavor is solid. It’s the two stage burn that is different.

That sounds like a STD.

Heroin is used only if a blue wins it all.

I hope State doesn’t get burned twice.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I used my lifetime whiskey allotment as a freshman at State. When I won Turlington 3rd floor’s “Party Asshole of the Month” every month but one that I wasn’t on the wagon. Good times. We had a fake ID that one asshole was crazy enough to keep using at the Western/Avent Ferry ABC store. I was crazy enough to keep driving him and wait with engine running in case he came hobbling out empty handed.

As a result, I can’t get on the hipster “good bourbon” train that’s sweeping the drinking nation. It all smells, tastes, and muscle memory’s JUST LIKE good old $9 Jim Beam to this cracker ass.

Once a Beam man, always a Beam man, I guess. Like TOB said about never being a retired Marine and whatnot.

MILA KUNIS plays for MY TEAM, guys!!!

She’s also probably a RED, Comrades!

tractor57
    Participant

Hold that tigger under the surface of Lake Hartwell until …

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Mila is pretty much perfection to me …

BJD95
    Keymaster

She purty enough that I will overlook that I’ve never seen anyone drink Beam with ice. Or in an actual glass, really.

Coach Abatemarco
    Participant

Evan williams white label might be what i need to get me through the game tonight chased with sun drop for my biy bobby lutz!!!

Die hard state fan from the crystal coast!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Evan williams white label + sun drop

Top shelf my friend. A good way to wile away the game.

On to the Tigers … I think neutralizing Rod Hall’s penetration drives are the key to shutting them down. He sets up easy shots for Roper, etc. with kickouts and easy slash scores for Blossomgame. Mr. Barber, you’re up. I’d like to see copious amounts of Des Lee on Roper if Roper starts going off on us, again … And Freeman/Abu have to do the job on Blossomgame … I like Freeman on him. I think Anya may figure prominently in this one. Might see zone tonight if we’re having trouble with their motion and physicality, which all signs point to ‘yes’.

For the love of all that is holy, no ‘deer in headlights’ tonight … please! Barber and Lacey have to set the tone early … If we shoot 15 jupmers within 5 minutes then I have a feeling which way the night will go. Not playing the Cheats again … long jumpers with minimal movement or inside looks/penetration are what the Tigers want. Halfcourt is their game tonight, not ours.

Wufpacker
    Participant

-snicker-

He said we need to limit Rod’s penetration.

Giggity.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I would start:

Cat
    Des
    Lacey
    Abu
    KH

We need more speed against the press and max physicality/hands inside. That’s how we will jump to an early lead and take the wind out of their sails.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Am I the only one who favored Scotch over Bourbon…

Not unlike Beej… I found out IT liked me better than I liked IT and that was saying something ’cause I like Scotch… back in my late thirties after talking with some ghosts one night…

Been on the Cold Beer Wagon ever since…

and I’m with Wufpacker .. hope to be pleasantly surprised..
    but with these kids… I ain’t GOTT no clue…

A good leading indicator of how tonight goes would be if those Yellow Jackets could actually win a game they deserve to win …

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Because VaWolf likes my hipster-ish tunes so much…when you lie down with wolves, you learn to howl!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Bonus for the proletariat:

Wulfpack
    Participant

Am I the only one favored Scotch over Bourbon…

I have an affinity for both. Try not to keep it in the house, only special occasions, like must-win gamenights in March…

I can definitely taste the difference between the cheap/average stuff and the upper shelf. My go to is Woodford Reserve.

ILPackfan
    Participant

Jim Beam if they start cold again. Basil Hayden’s if they’re playing well. Angel’s Envy for the win.

Good drinking no matter the outcome.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 526 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.