Cat: Leaving State About Daughter

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Cat: Leaving State About Daughter

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

“It was a decision I had to make,” Barber said Thursday at the NBA Draft Combine. “I’ve got a daughter and I need to provide for her needs. I had to think about that.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article77431572.html#storylink=cpy

freshmanin83
    Participant

I think it is clear as you read between the lines, of this article, that Cat left because of Coach Gott.

tractor57
    Participant

I’m sorry but I don’t see that at all. Maybe true but I can’t tell from this article. We know he has a young daughter to provide for and that he lost a very close friend to violence. Cat made his decision for whatever reasons. Personal circumstances, issues with coaches or teammates possible as well.
    I’m betting it was providing for his future and for his daughter more than anything else.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I don’t read any Gott related undertones either.
    Then again, I don’t recall Cat’s decision ever being a head scratcher, so my opinion is not to be trusted.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I certainly wasn’t suggesting that. Just quoting the article. All about his little girl’s future. I hope that those that feel like Cat made the wrong decision can appreciate his statements in this article. People make decisions for a variety of reasons. The first of which is usually family.

Wufpacker
    Participant

No, I wasn’t putting that opinion on you Wulf. First or second paragraph, the writer makes that assertion to set up the rest of his article.

And agreed that Cat made the right decision either way, but especially in light of the family dynamics. Good for him.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I think it is clear as you read between the lines, of this article, that Cat left because of Coach Gott.

What article did you read?

I agree Wuf, this decision is a no brainer as opposed to a head scratcher.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I thought that was facetious.

TheCOWDOG

No.No.And No. Cat got run off, or…could not co-exist with his teammates and coaches.

Truth. Same with Abu. Run off, cause something ain’t right and Alabama says so.

ryebread
    Participant

Cat was done this year and everyone knew that before the season started. There’s absolutely no way we’d have landed DSJ if there was any chance that Cat was returning.

Cat had a great year and is off likely to the NBA. He’s got some attributes (speed and innate scoring ability) that make him an interesting prospect. If he lands in the right spot, he could have a long career. Here’s to hoping he makes it!

choppack1
    Participant

I don’t know how you read that article and come away thinking that cat had a problem with Gott. That’s a bit of a stretch unless there are hidden pages or something.

TheCOWDOG

Alabama says so. It is written.

redisgood
    Participant

The Gott comment was sarcasm.

Speaking of Gott, he was with Cat throughout the combine. Good to see that.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Well that is a real head scratcher I done gone and left out sumptin from that ere post o mine. Sorry bout that let me add it now,
    “I keed, I keed”.

I guess my clear reading between the lines is off some.

Rick
    Keymaster

You would think something would make kids realize a baby early in life restricts your options. If you have to make the beast with two backs wrap that rascal.

Wulfpack
    Participant

You would think something would make kids realize a baby early in life restricts your options.

Or, you can look at it like the child is a gift from the man upstairs, and will make you grow up and work your tail off more than any one teacher can tell you. That little girl put a jet in Cat’s step, no question. He’ll get rewarded for it.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Anyone who feels Cat made the wrong decision is clearly delusional. What if it was your kid?

Rick
    Keymaster

You would think something would make kids realize a baby early in life restricts your options.

Or, you can look at it like the child is a gift from the man upstairs, and will make you grow up and work your tail off more than any one teacher can tell you. That little girl put a jet in Cat’s step, no question. He’ll get rewarded for it.

They are a gift from God but they also are a huge commitment and having them young and out of wedlock restricts your options.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Yes, people should plan better for their unplanned pregnancy.

Rick
    Keymaster

Yes, people should plan better for their unplanned pregnancy.

If only we had some idea what causes a pregnancy so we could avoid it. Alas maybe science will one day figure out this mysterious process.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Wheeeeee mysterious disappearing comments.

pakfanistan
    Participant

If only we had some idea what causes a pregnancy so we could avoid it. Alas maybe science will one day figure out this mysterious process.

If only the methods we had were perfect. If only the imperfect methods weren’t significantly less effective when used imperfectly. If only we allowed teaching of something other than the aspirin method of birth control.

What a tragedy that we’re born young and learn through mistakes. Notice how significantly teen pregnancy falls off after the early 20s.

Rick
    Keymaster

It was in pending. Thanks for letting me know.

Rick
    Keymaster

Notice how significantly teen pregnancy falls off after the early 20s.

Well yeah. It drops to zero as they are no longer teens.

If only the methods we had were perfect. If only the imperfect methods weren’t significantly less effective when used imperfectly. If only we allowed teaching of something other than the aspirin method of birth control.

I am not sure what point you are trying to argue. My point, which I have made very clear, is that a baby for young people limits their choices and thus is not a good idea. Are you arguing that teen pregnancy is a good thing or just arguing because it is me?

pakfanistan
    Participant

It was in pending. Thanks for letting me know.

Yeah, that spam filter is set to kill.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.