Cat Barber signs partially guaranteed deal with Philadelphia 76ers

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Cat Barber signs partially guaranteed deal with Philadelphia 76ers

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Some speculation has it that the partial guarantee might be around 50,000 possibly higher. I don’t think many expect him to make the pro roster so a spot in the D-league will get him around 20k or so I think but the money (70,000 to 126,000 range) will keep him stateside and developing the way they want him too. Enough money to help his family for at least this year.

Cat lands on his feet.

redisgood
    Participant

Yes, that is great to hear. Good for Cat. And every 10 day contract is worth around $50K. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pick up a few of those during the season.

Wufpacker
    Participant

BJD95
    Keymaster

Good for him. Wouldn’t be ideal for his family sitch to have to cat around Europe or the middle east.

Also, not sure Turkey is much of an option anymore.

/keep your head down Engin!!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I still think he’s going to be a capable starter on some NBA squad at some point. I’m probably being a homer, but I’ve usually been pretty good at avoiding that trap in the past. Perhaps my affinity for him is just overshadowing my better judgement. Always thought the kid was a baller, and that event hen he had more potential than what we saw.

Jowata
    Participant

He one of the top scorers in the toughest basketball conference in the Nation and was a first team all selection. The only disadvantage to Cat Barber in the NBA is his height and inconsistent 3pt shot. However he is one of the fastest players to dribble a ball. I wish him the best of luck to him and his family.

It would be very interesting to see if he was as fast as Russell Westbrook.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I believe this is a new contract/signing for Cat, again with the Sixers. From what I gather the off-season contract is different from the training camp contract. 76ers are thin at guard so maybe he’ll stick. Downside is that it’s the Sixers. But hey, it’s the NBA.

Sixers sign Cat Barber, James Webb III, and Shawn Long for training camp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.