Cat 2.0

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Cat 2.0

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    nav
    Participant

I’m sure this has been discussed many times but I thought he deserved his own thread. I have to ask…has anyone else out there seen a turnaround, seemingly overnight, from a player like we have witnessed from Cat. Since his unfortunate family event and his return it’s night and day the difference. You can watch him and he just looks so, so much more confident. And he can actually shoot the ball!!!

I’ll very happily admit to being wrong about Cat. I was ready to bench him for the year and here he is, in my opinion, the single biggest reason the team is playing at a higher level right now.

Whatever the hell Gott did to sink into Cat’s head is amazing.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Cat is so deserving of the praise he’s receiving for his play the last few games.

The closest comparison I can think of is Gugliotta, but that was more of a one season to the next transformation.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Espn blog article on Cat

“Now he’s not using his speed to get into trouble,” Lacey said. “He’s using it to get out of trouble. He’s understanding that now.”

Barber’s awakening just might be keeping the Pack out of NCAA bubble trouble as well.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I sincerely believe Cat, with his defense, ball handling, and understanding how to run the offense will take us deep. Not that he can do it by himself, as we have also gotten so much stronger inside with rebounding and defense and we already have multiple weapons to score. But Cat was the missing piece to make it all work and we will be hard to beat with him playing the way he is now.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Oh and Pup, I forgot to tell you but that was a brilliant game plan you put together for Coach Gottfried to read here. All he had to do was put it in motion.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Oh and Pup, I forgot to tell you but that was a brilliant game plan you put together for Coach Gottfried to read here. All he had to do was put it in motion.

Hahaha – oh yeah, I’ll definitely take credit! šŸ™‚

Tau837
    Participant

18 ppg (on good shooting), 25 assists, 10 steals, 8 turnovers over last 6 games, all while running the team and playing outstanding defense. His play has also picked up our transition offense a bit.

And that 6 game stretch included UVA, @Louisville, @UNC, not an easy stretch.

This is why he was a McD AA. If he can play like this from here forward, IMO he is the best PG in the ACC.

BJD95
    Keymaster

It will be interesting to see how the all-ACC voting goes. I bet lots of ballots have him first team, and an equally large number not at all. He’s a unique player with a unique story.

If he’s not DPOY, we should totally riot. That’s not even a close call.

Power Kitty coincides nicely with the Lenin Cat avatar, too. FORWARD!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Technically… this is Cat2.1… not Cat2.0…
    2.0 disappeared about a month or so ago…
    ———————-

College basketball is a player development business.

If you’re not equally proud of Anthony and Gott && Company as to Anthony’s progress then you probably ought to check your…

The good news is they are about half finished with this job.
    Just waiting to see Cat3.0 and Cat4.0…
    ———

I am thinking … realistically… we’re might be talking second team all conference based on the entire season… if there’s no major relapse.. and I certainly don’t anticipate one… but let’s consider the opposition before making this call.

Who else might be considered for first team All Conference at Point Guard?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Definitely Brogdon. So solid.

nav
    Participant

Agreed Bill, 2.1 does make more sense.

pakfanistan
    Participant

The good news is they are about half finished with this job.
    Just waiting to see Cat3.0 and Cat4.0ā€¦

What’s in the 3.0 and 4.0 feature set roadmap?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

well… for starters…

3.0… bigger engine and transmission…
    15lbs more upper body strength… and no loss of speed or quickness
    Upgraded long rang guidance system — better outside shooting…

4.0 … more Cat under the hood…
    90 college games – 60 in the conference – 3 NCAAs…
    Seasoning, experience and leadership…

Tau837
    Participant

Who else might be considered for first team All Conference at Point Guard?

Isn’t Perrantes the UVA PG?

Pretty sure Jerian Grant, Paige, and Tyus Jones will all be ranked higher than Cat this year. I predict all of them make some version of All ACC. Hanlan will get plenty of support as well, given he is the leading scorer in the conference. Angel Rodriguez may also get some support.

If Cat plays like he has been the past 6 games all season next year, he has a great chance at first team.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I was thinking the same as for Perrantes… he may lose by a “nose”…

Paige is playing hurt (bad) and his numbers are showing it … that should push him to the second team
    because of the historical voting patterns..

The others all have credits but no clear cut winner from here…

Any way it goes… It’s a severely split vote and that’s not good for Anthony.

Tau837
    Participant

Pretty sure Grant deserves 1st team All ACC.

#1 in minutes
    #8 in FGP
    #1 in assists
    #2T in steals
    #4 in points

Last year, Notre Dame was 8-4 in games he played and 7-13 in games he did not play. This year, he has played all 29 of their games and they are 24-5.

If only one PG was allowed, it should be him. But I think multiple PGs can make it, so others aren’t necessarily ruled out.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

If only one PG was allowed, it should be him. But I think multiple PGs can make it, so others arenā€™t necessarily ruled out.

^Yeah, All-ACC is not decided by position.

If it were, Grant would be one of the two guards selected. He’s battling Okafor for POY.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Being Cat: After chaotic six weeks, Wolfpack’s Barber finally feeling like himself

With N.C. State dribbling out the clock and savoring the end of a 12-year losing streak on the home floor of its most hated rival, Gottfried grabbed Barber and pulled him close.
    Their faces inches apart, the coach yelled above the cheers of euphoric Wolfpack fans.
    “He said ‘I love you, boy! I love you, boy! I love the way you came out and worked throughout your ups and downs,'” Barber said later. “He just kept saying ‘I love you.'”

tjfoose1
    Participant

Somebody call the “PC I’m Offended Grievance” police. He called him ‘boy’.

That’s has to rate as at least a micro aggression to the white privilege /guilt/ get-a-life-I-go-looking-for-excuses-to-be-offended crowd.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Somebody call the ā€œPC Iā€™m Offended Grievanceā€ police. He called him ā€˜boyā€™.

Thatā€™s has to rate as at least a micro aggression to the white privilege /guilt/ get-a-life-I-go-looking-for-excuses-to-be-offended crowd.

*sigh*

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

.. after what happened the other night with Beej…
    I’m thinking ya’ll need stop this b*y stufff … right now.

MP
    Participant

Every high school has jocks, mathletes, bullies. SFN is just another high school:

Somebody call the ā€œPC Iā€™m Offended Grievanceā€ police.

Since74
    Participant

Cat seems to have figured out the speed of the college game, what he can get away with and what he can’t. Seems like in year 1 he’d go flying by the first guy then get mauled by 2 or 3 on the interior and end up on the floor. Think you guys called it Cat on 2,3,4. Now he knows when he can get past 3 & 4. Glad to see more confidence in his jumper too.

Gonna be great to see Cat 3.0 and 4.0 but right now I’m looking forward to 2.1 in the post season.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.