Carolina Hurricanes

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Carolina Hurricanes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gowolves
    Participant

In the old forums we had a thread on the home town hockey team. I think now is the time to get this started. I told some fellow Canes fans that January would be the deciding factor if they can make the playoffs. They have been playing great hockey of late. Four wins in row. Gerbe, Sakarov, and other new players have had some key contributions. Manny looked good against Ottawa. Khudobin is making life difficult for the front office with regards to Ward. Thought Peters would start tonight since it’s a back to back night but Khudobin is between the pipes again.

Go Canes!!!

Gowolves
    Participant

Starting out real slow. I had feeling this night would be a tough turn around.

Mike
    Participant

Wolves, I am a huge Cam fan for the man he is and his community efforts. Cam carried us to the cup back in 2006 and deserves his due. However, Cam has been injury prone and has struggled some when healthy. There are times he is unbeatable and has saved us numerous times, yet other times is a below average NHL goalie.

I would say 25% of the time Cam is on his head, 50% of the time a good NHL tender, and 25% of the time below average.

Now look at Khudobin – he is 2 years younger than Cam. We cannot afford to pay 2 goaltenders top dollar, but who has the better upside? Khudobin has been pretty steady and has had a few games standing on his head too. As much as I hate to say it because I really like Cam, from a business perspective I think Khudobin is the one to stay and we should try to see what kind of trade value we can get for Cam.

Gowolves
    Participant

That pretty much sums it up for me about Cam as well. I do think the front office should consider trading him. Only if you can get a good hard hitting blue liner and a prospect. DO NOT GIVE HIM AWAY for something later. We have needs now. I would assume the front office knows this but you never know for sure. The only issue I have with Khudobin is it seems he gives up a ton of rebounds, but he has kept this team in a lot of games of late. Two more weeks and then the Olympics. If they can avoid the injury bug then I think this team is developing a little bit of an attitude… in a good way.

I thought Eric Stahl was having a bad season but he has quitely gotten 35 points in the last thirty games or some stat like that I read the other night. He needs to lead this team more than ever right now. Will them to a plyoff spot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.