Carlos Rodon to Make First MLB Start on Saturday vs Cincy

Home Forums All StateFansNation Carlos Rodon to Make First MLB Start on Saturday vs Cincy

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Former Wolfpacker (as if there was such a thing…I’m looking at you Russell Wilson), Carlos Rodon has spent his relatively short professional career
    [See the full post at: Carlos Rodon to Make First MLB Start on Saturday vs Cincy]

44rules
    Participant

No link to link to, but the fantasy baseball note next to his name says Carlos Rodon will start Saturday against the Reds. Yes, he’s on my fantasy team.

Wufpacker EDIT – Meant to get this up, in fact. Thx for the reminder 🙂
    Throwing it up on the main blog to increase visibility.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Here’s your link: link.
    He can thank Samardzija for the opportunity. Hopefully he makes the most of it.

highstick
    Participant

http://theblow.us/2015/05/nfl-seattle-seahawks-rumors-qb-russell-wilson-will-have-no-baseball-clause-contract-may-2015.html

Move this to a Russell thread if you’d like…I’m still laughing though!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

highstick
    Participant

Sure am glad they didn’t try to force Rodon to pitch a couple of weeks ago in Chicago…Sure was cold and damp and WINDY…sounds like Chicago weather…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Are the Sox secretly a little happy about the suspensions cuz it forces them to see what their future ace can do? We are of course.

44rules
    Participant

Thanks Wuf! Looking forward to this. All the fantasy advice says don’t start him against the Reds, but my ERA and WHIP are shot this week anyway.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

FergusWolf
    Participant

I wonder why the fantasy advice is not to start him? In my many years of only half-a** paying attention to baseball, I’ve noted a trend that big league hitter tend to fair badly the first few times they see a good (<– note, I said good, not mediocre or bad) pitcher.

You can see many cases (Dice K, Strausberg, etc…) where a pitcher absolute destroys the competition until there is enough scouting and tape on them that the hitters can adjust.

Based just on that, I just bet the entire amount of my mortgage on Rodon getting the win tomorrow.
    ———————————————
    “I’d rather be lucky than good”
    Herbert T. Dixon, Jr. circa 1985.

44rules
    Participant

Well, the “experts” say the Reds have a powerful lineup, Rodon is inexperienced, and the Chisox ballpark is hitter friendly.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Line on Rodon so far tonight (thru 3.0 IP)…2 runs on 3 hits, 4 k/3 bb.

Game tied 2-2.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Thru 5 Rodon now has 7 k’s, fastball still in mid to upper 90’s. Pitch count at 91 so probably another inning, 2 at most.

But he’s thru 5 and Sox now have a 3-2 lead so for the moment at least, he’s in line for the W.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Final line on Rodon tonight…6.0 IP, 2 runs on 4 hits, 8k’s/4bb’s.
    Sox have a 5-2 lead in the 7th.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Make that 6-2.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Make that 7-2.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.