Cam Newton Wins NFL MVP

Home Forums StateFans Football Cam Newton Wins NFL MVP

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Cam Newton was named the NFL MVP this evening. The man has come a LONG way. He always had the talent – but now he’s got it between the ears. He’s put all the naysayers in their place. Talk to any Panther and they will tell you he is the leader of this team. He puts in the work and has earned the respect of his coaches and peers.

One game to go tomorrow and he’s officially on top of the football universe. All I know is this man is a flat out winner. Go Panthers. Bring home the hardware.

tractor57
    Participant

Well deserved. When he was drafted the physical skills were obvious but the rest was an unknown. He is the man for Charlotte – team leader, face of the franchise and obviously has grown into that role.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Rivera nabs coach of the year honors – his second.

Never realized this about Cam:

If Newton and the Panthers win Sunday, it would make Newton the first quarterback and second player ever to win a Heisman Trophy, college football national championship, NFL MVP and Super Bowl.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14728386/cam-newton-carolina-panthers-nfl-awards-winners

BJD95
    Keymaster

He has PeyPey’s mind in, well, Cam Newton’s body. Scary to think what he can accomplish if he stays healthy.

Wufpacker
    Participant

After the game tonight, win or lose, Cam will be going to Russell Wilson’s house and taking his bird.
    Reportedly, he will leave quickly before Macklemore has a chance to get out of the pool and follow him home like a puppy.

BassPacker
    Participant

Cam Newton has the talent and success that deserved NFL POY. Having said that, just wish he’d let his play speak for itself and leave all the on the field antics with the super man and dabbing crap. Specially hate Newtons showboating every time they make a first down. Scoring I can understand to a certain degree but the rest, act like you been there before. Theres no place for it only cept to bring attention to himself. Its a team sport. Its our home state team but after Newton threw out the race card, find it hard to truly support him. Mike Shula suggested Cam give kids football after a score just to help his image, was not Cams idea.

Would love see Jericho Cotchery go out with a championship. Manning deserves to go out a champion too. A lot of stories to be written with this game.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bass, I’m not a big fan of it either. However, it is a man’s game and Cam has said it all year – you don’t like it, then stop it. He was pretty darn unstoppable all year.

Cam has taken a lot of junk from fans and the media. People were very hard on him, some even said he shouldn’t even be a starting QB in the league. That stuff is laughable now, and you do wonder where some of it was really coming from. I think Cam’s over-the-top celebrating this year is partly to stick it to those doubters. He said as much in an article that was printed today. He really despises those folks and it has fueled his desire go show them up.

He’s also having a ton of fun and the team feeds off of it. Would I advise him to tone it down? Of course. But again, if you don’t like it, the only thing you can do is stop it.

Cam does an awful lot for this community, on his own time, and truly loves children.

I’m not going to comment in the “race card” as you say. I’ve never been in Cam’s shoes. But I have heard people say Cam is a great “black QB”. How about just a great QB?

The other thing is Cam is hardly the first QB to celebrate like this. Rodgers was doing the belt for years and shooting bullets. Brady has always been an egotistical jerk but you never hear about it because he’s Brady. Same with Rivers. I do think there is a double standard in play.

Fastback68
    Participant

Can we get a Super Bowl thread up in here with some lady pics thrown in for good measure.

Tau837
    Participant

Same with Rivers.

You had a decent post going until this. I could not disagree more with this quote. Terrell Owens is a good example of an egotistical jerk in the NFL. Rivers is nothing like that, and Brady isn’t either. There is a difference between being an intense competitor and being an egotistical jerk. Maybe you just picked a bad phrase here to get your point across.

Wulfpack
    Participant

No, didn’t mean to suggest Rivers or Rodgers as egotistical jerks. Super competitive guys, yes. But Brady absolutely is.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Can we get a Super Bowl thread up in here with some lady pics thrown in for good measure.

Ask and you shall receive.

BJD95
    Keymaster

No, Rivers isn’t a jerk on Brady’s level. But he talks trash. HEAVILY. Always has.

I think Rodgers and Cam are both demonstrative out of pure joy, and I have ZERO problem with it. PeyPey is just more reserved by nature, and I think you’re going to see a very genuine outpouring of mutual respect between the two great QBs AND great leaders when this contest is over.

I will be cheering for my Broncos and for the Sheriff to retire on top just like Elway did, but Cam is a worthy successor for the next generation of elite QB.

It’s hard to judge across eras, but when you separate them BY era, I feel good about my “chain of eliteness”:

Unitas-Elway-Manning-Newton

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

before Unitas there was this guy named Van Brocklin….

OT13 and Mr. Stick remember him well…

——————–

All this “noise” about Cam Newton’s “mouth && style”…
    makes me laugh….

and reminds me of another dude named Cassius Clay who said some crazy sh#t at the wrong times… and went to jail for it….

then there was another kid named Broadway Joe who’s hair was too long and who spent more time in, not behind, bars than on the practice field…

at the timethe “noise” was 100 times louder and more hateful in both cases …
    and we all know how that turned out..

which is no ways is meant to be predictive as to Newton’s future…
    just a reference to “noise”….

and it’s one of those things that you had to be there to really understand…
    you can’t just read about it years later….

——————-

This sorta leads to another kid name Manziel who is caught in no man’s land….

Could it be that the powers that be “like” his off field antics as it sells the hell out of tickets/viewers …. and thus are “conflicted” as to whether or not to give the kid “what he really needs” to grow up and be a man?

I don’t know….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Exactly what I was trying to convey, BJD.

Good luck to your Broncs. If the Panthers are indeed to go down in this game, I’d want it to be to Manning, who is a class act. Class act organization as well. Here’s to hoping we’re in for a great game tonight. Hooray football.

Tau837
    Participant

No, Rivers isn’t a jerk on Brady’s level. But he talks trash. HEAVILY. Always has.

He talks a lot. He doesn’t talk trash. There is a difference. He doesn’t insult other players, and he doesn’t curse. He chatters, which is unusual, but he doesn’t do it like other players.

tractor57
    Participant

Ok I’ll bite. What is considered trash talking? Granted off field Rivers is a model good guy. On field he tends to be vocal. Trash talking? Obviously his fans say not so much – I tend to lie there as well). But his detractors would say he does talk trash. In the end is that so much different from Newton? I had real doubts when he was drafted but I have seen better than expected.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.