Call me a worrywart but..

Home Forums All StateFansNation Call me a worrywart but..

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

I am more than a little concerned about the stories in the Raleigh local news outlets. You see there isn’t that wink and nod thing that goes on in other campuses. Hopefully, a) these accusations are totally bogus and b) they have zero to do with the revenue sports at ncsu.

McCallum
    Participant

What in the hell are you talking about?

McCallum

duckfatrules
    Participant

either link to stories in the Raleigh local news outlets or get off my internet
    can the mods delete this stupid post?

Gowolves
    Participant

http://www.wral.com/multiple-sexual-assaults-reported-at-party-at-ncsu-apartment/16836261/

I think this is what he is referring to. No names have come out so there is practically no information for the public. I swear though it is troubling even if it doesn’t involve any student athletes.

choppack1
    Participant

Thanks gowolves – some people apparently have not mastered deduction and basic internet searches.

And agree with you – that’s why I said, hopefully these accusations are not true regardless of whom is accused.

Gowolves
    Participant

When I fist saw this yesterday I began to worry to on several levels.

1. Rape, sexual assault, etc. (no more needs to be said)
    2. Will BOTH parties be treated fairly through the whole process?
    3. Lastly, please do not let it be any of the student athletes at NCSU that are involved. VERY minor as it relates to the first two.

choppack1
    Participant

Gowolves – I think in the eyes of the law sexual assault can be somewhat of a vague term. Technically, a sexual assault could be no more than unwanted groping. While that isn’t good – it’s also much different than rape (which is also lumped in that broad category.)

Agreed that both parties deserve to be treated fairly. I saw an interview with a co-ed on campus and she was saying these people shouldn’t be allowed back in school. (Someone forgot to tell her about innocent until proven guilty.)

rthomas44
    Participant

I am not sure but I don’t think athletes live in wolf village.

Greywolf
    Participant

Unwanted groping? How do you know until you give it a try? Consent? I just can’t imagine myself saying, “Pardon me but would you mind if I put my hand on your arse while you rub your twat on my leg? No offense intended.”

And what’s this about feeling up an inebriated female? Isn’t that why they are getting high? My point isn’t to excuse rape or such behavior but We need something a little more specific than “sexual assault” to define behavior that occurs when men and women are out partying.

I have a friend who swears his wife said to him, “You can do anything you want just don’t wake me.” and promptly passed out on him. That’s what I call consent.

McCallum
    Participant

When I was a freshman at State, after modeling in Milan for 10 months, the 14 girls on campus tried to grope me all the time.

McCallum

Greywolf
    Participant

When I was a freshman at State, after modeling in Milan for 10 months, the 14 girls on campus tried to grope me all the time.

McCallum

I was afraid those girls would whip a slide rule off their hip and beat me to death with it if I tried a little friendly groping. Besides I never got drunk enough to think one was worth it. (Please put on a burka. You’re scaring the cows to death.)

wirogers
    Participant

McCallum, was that Milan Georgia or Milan Missouri?

We all know you have never left the North American continent. And really Canada is just Northern US.

Modeling the newest sleeveless T-shirt or 15 year old shorts with holes does not really count as modeling!!

McCallum
    Participant

McCallum, was that Milan Georgia or Milan Missouri?

We all know you have never left the North American continent. And really Canada is just Northern US.

Neither you smart mouth.

It was Milan Indiana, the town whose 1954 title run in basketball inspired Hoosiers.

Of course beyond the modeling gig up there I stacked lumber for a year or two which is considered skilled labor in Mexico.

McCallum

GoldenChain
    Participant

Is looking someone up and down sexual assault? This whole issue has gotten so crazy. Women (girls) dress like sluts and hoes so they look sexy, appealing, alluring, etc and soforth then when you make the slightest comment, suggestion, check-them-out they cry foul!
    They want to use their sassy when its to their advantage then entrap you with it ….. when its to their advantage.

highstick
    Participant

Is looking someone up and down sexual assault? This whole issue has gotten so crazy. Women (girls) dress like sluts and hoes so they look sexy, appealing, alluring, etc and soforth then when you make the slightest comment, suggestion, check-them-out they cry foul!
    They want to use their sassy when its to their advantage then entrap you with it ….. when its to their advantage.

Good point, Chain! Remember “they started it” wearing those danged mini skirts back in the 60’s! I had a helluva time concentrating at NSA back then…Every 5 minutes, there would be one of those 20 something or others walking by smirking as work production would totally stop for a bunch of horny GI’s!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

choppack1
    Participant

Gc – two things should be separated…

1) the gray zone between no action and a clumsy pass / overzealous but brief touch
    2) the brief touch being extremely forceful / umm in the “red zone” and on…

No matter what anyone dresses like you can’t violate that 2nd zone or exert force. I think we can agree on that.

From my standpoint – I see the suggestive dressing much like I do the proverbial toilet seat argument. There should be some leeway involved and discretion as well. However, I would rather live in a world of absurdly short skirts than without them!

44rules
    Participant

However, I would rather live in a world of absurdly short skirts than without them!

But Choppack, if she’s cute enough she can be without the skirt – short or long!

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

rthomas44
    Participant

You guys are pitiful.

44rules
    Participant

Gosh Rthomas, you sound like one of my ex-GFs!

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

rthomas44
    Participant

Just a 68 y o married for 35. When I was at State, there was a slogan “A State man needs no introduction”. Of course, there were almost zero women on campus.

Greywolf
    Participant

Just a 68 y o married for 35. When I was at State, there was a slogan “A State man needs no introduction”. Of course, there were almost zero women on campus.

This reminds me of my dad complaining about long hair on men, “You can’t tell the difference ‘tween the boys and the girls.” Pop, if you can’t tell the difference, it don’t make no difference.”

There were a few women on campus, you just couldn’t tell the difference.

McCallum
    Participant

There were so few women at State I considered them to be about as numerous as 24 women in a box.

AKA: a case of Slits

McCallum

redwolf87
    Participant

I think when I entered State it was still 2:1 guys.

But it still was fun, even if the unknown of HIV slowed things up a bit. Stories of catching it from toilet seats, messages written on mirrors the morning after in lipstick from girls saying, “welcome to the world of AIDS.” It made one wary.

Still fun, and plenty of girls around, even if we had to go to Meredith/St. Mary’s/Peace.

choppack1
    Participant

Sometimes you suspect the “who” based on the fact that it makes the news.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I thought the who were a bit suspect after 1978.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.