Byting NCAA Tournament Insight & Open Entry

Home Forums All StateFansNation Byting NCAA Tournament Insight & Open Entry

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

“…they felt like they didn’t fit into the offense.”

Maybe if we had actually ran an offense this year, there would have been a system they could fit into. But I didn’t see much of an offense being run this year. A lot of standing around, watching Cat do his thing. And now we start from scratch next year.

Rick
    Keymaster

“…they felt like they didn’t fit into the offense.”

Maybe if we had actually ran an offense this year, there would have been a system they could fit into. But I didn’t see much of an offense being run this year. A lot of standing around, watching Cat do his thing. And now we start from scratch next year.

They fit into three offense as well as anyone not named Cat. Everyone stupid around and watched him score.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’ve been chuckling at the little incident that happened at the end of the Oregon beatdown of Dook, precipitated by Dillon Brooks’ 3 pointer with about 8 seconds to go in the game. The shot clock was running down, Brooks threw up a half-hearted 30 footer – which went in. In the lineup, K said something to Brooks, and you could see Brooks saying “my bad, my bad” and seemingly apologizing to K. Afterwards, Brooks said that K told him that he was too good to show off – which K denies. Clearly K said something to that effect, which is interesting since it’s a minor incident compared to tripping opponents.

Ah, the schadenfreude. It’s about all I have to hold on to these days.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Dang the Hoos look good. Wiscy/Irish in a tussle.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Luck of the Irish, I tell ya.

ACC has two of the eight, with two still to play.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Dang the Hoos look good.

Was about to post the same thing. For a team that supposedly slows it down, they tend to score a lot when needed.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Hoos are just ultra efficient on offense. They move, probe, and prod to get exactly the shot they want, and they’ve got guys all over the place that can fill it. Talk about recruiting and building a program. My goodness Bennett is running laps around our guy (and many others, to be fair). He’s going to be a HOFer. Hoos will be a heavy favorite to advance to Houston Sunday. Do what they do and they’ll be just fine.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Irish finish strong against ugly white boys… Not as much luck as one might think….

Who cuts hair in Wisconsin???

Hoos welcome Hawkeyes to a dunkfest… definitely bringing their A game…

Either the Big Orange or the Holes won’t show up later on…
    just the percentages….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Marcus sees Red and must think he’s playing in the PNC….

Orange and Zags all even at the halftime for all practical purposes..

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

And Cuse pulls it out. Crazy end to that one. The Zags normally keep their composure. Was that Karl Hess who called Cooney out of bounds from the worst angle and way up court? Also thought the last Cuse block was a foul, but what do I know?

choppack1
    Participant

Plywood – that definitely wasnt Hess calling him out.

Speaking of officials – how bout heels being in the bonus under 6 minutes into the second half.

tractor57
    Participant

That call late in the Cuse game was really strange. The official on the baseline did not make a call but one way far away and with no angle to actually see anything makes the wrong call. After the review (supposed for timing) the Zags kept the ball. Makes you wonder if the no call on that block was a make up.

“By rule we can’t review the call” – then just maybe the “rule” should be changed.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Makes you wonder if the no call on that block was a make up.

That crossed my mind. BTW, I knew that wasn’t Hess, but it felt like one of his wtf calls. There was another ref frequent to the ACC who used to make calls from another area code, his name escapes me. One of the showgirls…

tractor57
    Participant

The original call was Hessian no doubt.

Gonna show my age here but Lenny Wirtz was a prototype of the showgirls and before him Lou Bello.

Wulfpack
    Participant

UVa is going to drill Cuse, though it is clear the Orange obviously belonged in this thing. Looks to me that Hoos and Heels are on a collision course for a tilt in Houston.

A couple of really fine 1-2 mstchups tonight.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Just noticed the way the brackets are lining up the ACC is assured of a spot in the Championship Game.

MrPlywood
    Participant
    Rick
    Keymaster

So Coach K did indeed lie about what he said to Oregon’s Brooks…

Figures.

It’s a really strange thing to lie about.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Nova now must be taken very seriously as a title contender. Most impressive win of the tourney thus far.

My what a difference a year makes. Last year, we knock out the Wildcats with relative ease on the way the way to the Sweet 16. This year…

Oklahoma will certainly be a tough out but I really like the way Jay Wright’s boys are playing.

choppack1
    Participant

Sky is the limit when a talented team returns its starters and they develop during the off season.

Texpack
    Participant

Nova now must be taken very seriously as a title contender. Most impressive win of the tourney thus far.

My what a difference a year makes. Last year, we knock out the Wildcats with relative ease on the way the way to the Sweet 16. This year…

Oklahoma will certainly be a tough out but I really like the way Jay Wright’s boys are playing.

Boomer Sooner will have the home court advantage on Saturday. Lots of Sooners here in H-Town and OKC and Tulsa are only about 7-8 hours by car. I may head out there on Saturday to pull for truth and fair play.

choppack1
    Participant

I have really enjoyed watching buddy heild play…UVA, Nova and Oklahoma really share the ball well. Fun basketball to watch. Hopefully the domers will continue their run of miracles.

choppack1
    Participant

UVA is setting for fools gold…need to work it inside out.

choppack1
    Participant

There you go UVA – attack that lazy-arse d.

choppack1
    Participant

Uva I definitely out of sorts. Rick pitino said “your man offense is almost always better than your zone offense.”

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 185 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.