Bruce Pearl Considers Auburn Job

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Bruce Pearl Considers Auburn Job

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Bruce Pearl met with Auburn athletic director Jay Jacobs on Monday night in Knoxville, Tenn., and is strongly considering taking the job as coach, sources told ESPN.

Pearl, 54, was fired in 2011 after taking Tennessee to the NCAA tournament in each of his six seasons. He has worked for ESPN as an analyst the past two years.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=10626778

Wulfpack
    Participant

CBS Sports is reporting this hire has been made.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I wonder what Kelvin Sampson is up to…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Oustanding hire by Auburn if true. No way they could do any better. There are no prizes for being Miss Congeniality.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

C’mon guys, Herb Sendek removed his name from consideration and that’s all we really need to know.

Texpack
    Participant

He already knows how to cheat recruit in the SEC. He will do well.

44rules
    Participant

Like Barkley says, in the SEC, if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

PittsburghPackFan
    Participant

C’mon guys, Herb Sendek removed his name from consideration and that’s all we really need to know.

I hope this never gets old. I always chuckle at this meme.

StateFans
    Keymaster

If I am a Boston College fan right now I am IRATE. I don’t what they were doing with Steve Donohue over the last few days, but Pearl is a BC alum. As an NC State fan, I couldn’t be happier that Pearl ended up in the SEC and NOT the ACC. The guy is fantastic. For almost 15 years I’ve thought he would be a fantastic fit in Raleigh.

ancsu87
    Participant

Really? So you want Butch Davis to coach NC State football too. Only difference in Butch and Bruce is that NCAA “wanted” to believe Butch was not lying to them. I want not part of Pearl at NCSU or the ACC for that matter. Cannot imagine BC having any interest in him even if he is an alumnus. I can understand it being a good fit for Auburn. Then again they actually thought Jeff Lebo would make a good coach.

Wulfpack
    Participant

This was a solid Petrino-lite hire. Charles Barkley is very excited about it. Say what you want about Pearl, but he’ll get them excited about basketball there. Tons of energy. Easy conference in which to make some waves, too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.