Bruce Pearl already making waves

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Bruce Pearl already making waves

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

As I expected, Bruce Pearl is making Auburn relevant in basketball at the snap of a finger. The guy is a friggin master…who, by the way, we could’ve easily hired when he was at Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Lee Fowler kept telling us that Herb Sendek was the best coach in America.

Pearl landed his fourth key recruit in less than a week Thursday when former Maryland signee Trayvon Reed selected Auburn.

Reed, a 7-foot-1 center rated No. 91 in Rivals.com’s Class of 2014 rankings, is expected to enroll at Elevate Prep School in Delray Beach, Fla. for at least the fall semester. He could join Auburn as soon as December if the Tigers have a vacant scholarship by then or he could wait until the 2015-16 season to make his debut.

[snip]

The commitment from Reed is further evidence Pearl will be able to make Auburn relevant sooner than later now that his NCAA sanctions are no longer an issue.

The day before Pearl’s penalty ended Saturday at midnight, he received a commitment from small forward Danjel Purifoy, Rivals.com’s No. 80 recruit in the class of 2015. Two more coveted prospects pledged to come to Auburn soon after Pearl could talk to them for the first time — power forward Horace Spencer, Rivals.com’s No. 73 recruit in the Class of 2015, and shooting guard T.J. Dunans, one of the nation’s elite junior college players.

So Auburn has a lot to look forward to in the coming years. And if Reed can make the most of his second chance, he can be a big part of that.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He’ll have Auburn in the tourney in no time, especially considering he’s in the SEC, where there is UK and Florida and a bunch of nothing. He’s a heck of a coach.

ancsu87
    Participant

Reed is exactly the kind of player/person that fits in Pearl’s system.

Mike
    Participant

Sorry I may be in the minority here but I would much prefer a clean coach and fewer wins than a dirty coach and a couple more wins.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.