Bradley Chubb

Home Forums StateFans Football Bradley Chubb

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jowata
    Participant

Is returning for his Senior season! Our defensive line is going to be great, linebackers will be good, and DB’s ………. ehhhhhhhh. Still exciting!

– Optimistic State Fan –

Greywolf
    Participant

Is returning for his Senior season! Our defensive line is going to be great, linebackers will be good, and DB’s ………. ehhhhhhhh. Still exciting!

– Optimistic State Fan –

I don’t know exactly what “ehhhhhhh?” means but “still exciting” is pretty clear. Do you know something or are you just dumping on the DBs?

IMO if the DL is great and puts pressure on QBs, the coverage skills of Stevens, McCloud and a few of the RFr and Freshmen corners the pass defense will be “exciting” in a different way this year. NIK back Trae Meadows had an INT his first play from scrimmage in the Vandy game showing off some pretty good coverage skills. State did have 3 INTs vs Vandy.

I realize it’s fashionable to bad mouth the football team on SFN but at least give it a chance before we start in on the DBs the first week in January.

choppack1
    Participant

Great news! D was very good all year against the run and improved on pass d.

Jowata
    Participant

Oh no im not completely dumping our DB’s. Stevens and McCloud were very impressive in the bowl game and I also have a feeling that Shawn Boone may have a great senior season as well. My only worry is will they be consistent? Hopefully our talented pass rush will help them out.

Pack78
    Participant

And hopefully, the ray-effs will be more tuned in to the rampant holding committed against our DL…

Pack78
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.