Bo Hines Transferring

Home Forums StateFans Football Bo Hines Transferring

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

The only thing I can think to say is WTF.

redisgood
    Participant

Sounds like he’s going to Yale to pursue a law degree and political career. Good for him.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well that’s….unexpected.

Best of luck to him in any case.

redisgood
    Participant

Yes, definitely a lot of respect for him. I’m sure it was a hard decision.

TheCOWDOG

Ivy football will be great for a kid that loves the game, but surely marches to a different drummer.

He just might be a special cat.

Guess we know where young Samuels new digs will be.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

All the best to him … tough loss for us

tractor57
    Participant

He will be missed but I do wish the best for him whatever that entails.

ancsu87
    Participant

It is his decision and wish him all the best. Just wondering if he already made this decision why not announce it so it was public knowledge before Hughes made his decision.

Having worked with chemical engineers and MBA’s from the “elite” schools he will be well served to remember his working class roots and lowly non-elite education. Just my opinion but I will take the cheaper and realistic education NC State gave me over the elite education of theory.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Does anyone know if he intends to play football at Yale?

PackofMac
    Participant

A student athlete transferring to Yale of all places clearly has his future mapped out and what a path that will be for him. This is an obvious case of a young man preparing himself the best way he’s sees fit to pursue a prestigious education for a career that will inevitably end up more likely in a court room than on a football field Sunday afternoons. No need for anyone on here to feel shunned or whatever else, this was not a football decision and other than missing his talents on the field has no reflect on NC State football. Quit bitching and crying like a bunch of school girls and wish the guy well.

StateFans
    Keymaster

The fact that he is going to an Ivy League school totally changes the dynamics of the usual transfer situation while simultaneously highlighting the type of student athlete that Dave Doeren recruits into the NC State program — IVY LEAGUE intelligence.

I obviously hate to see him go. Hines was easily the most sure-handed wide-out that we had on the roster and an impressive kid all the way around. State has a lot of young offensive talent in the program today and coming in the 2015 recruiting class…so, it will be interesting to see if anyone gets moved to WR. Before Hines’ transfer I was felt as though the Wolfpack’s roster and scholarship spacing could benefit from the addition of a top wide receiver recruit. That observation become much more relevant now. I can’t imagine this position won’t be a tremendous area of emphasis for the 2016 recruiting class.

ancsu87
    Participant

A student athlete transferring to Yale of all places clearly has his future mapped out and what a path that will be for him. This is an obvious case of a young man preparing himself the best way he’s sees fit to pursue a prestigious education for a career that will inevitably end up more likely in a court room than on a football field Sunday afternoons. No need for anyone on here to feel shunned or whatever else, this was not a football decision and other than missing his talents on the field has no reflect on NC State football. Quit bitching and crying like a bunch of school girls and wish the guy well.

I did not see anyone bitching and crying like a bunch of school girls.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.