Big Three – Stat of the Day

Home Forums All StateFansNation Big Three – Stat of the Day

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

The last time there was an AP basketball poll without Duke, UNC or NC State was Dec. 29, 1970. http://t.co/nW5AnTeQU6— Stephen Schramm (@stephen
    [See the full post at: Big Three – Stat of the Day]

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Wow…. forty three years…

Great job of making some of us feel ‘old’….

Where were you on December 29, 1970 ???

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

I was at the Carolina Classic in Greensboro throwing batteries at the ACC refs and cheering on Harvard’s BB team at the tender age of four.

Classof89
    Participant

With Duke’s big win last night vs. UVa, they will likely stay in the poll this week. What is their midweek game prior to our going over there next weekend?

Fastback68
    Participant

Last night was their mid-week game. They have four days to rest.

4in12
    Participant

Was there any time during those forty-some years that State was in the top 25 without the blues?

(sorry, my CS training requires that I find the minimum sub-set)

PoppaJohn
    Participant

Let’s not waste any energy worrying about going to Cameron yet, we’ve got a game we could win at WF – but it will be tough. They are undefeated at home and have the same record as us. I would expect those who make these decisions to pick Wake by a couple of points because of home court.
    They are also very young. If you look at their web site, they list 17 players on the roster (obviously, not all have scholarships) and 14 of them are freshmen (3), sophmores (10), and RS sophmores (1).
    Like us, they lost big to UVA, and double digits to Pitt. However, they did lose to Tenn. But they beat Carolina.

Gott has to get them focused and ready after that nightmare Saturday. They score from every position, so we have to revisit the concept of defense.

To have any shot at post season, we need both WF games.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.