Big Boys in the Bahamas — Part 3 — Volunteers ? anyone ?

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Big Boys in the Bahamas — Part 3 — Volunteers ? anyone ?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

While yesterday’s game was somewhat disappointing, but not surprising…

The first things we’ll be looking for this afternoon against the Tennessee Volunteers will be who’s homesick and who’s got LEGS!

A Win today makes the trip a success!

GO PACK!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wolfanatic
    Participant

Very sloppy so far. Wat too many turnovers.

Right before this timeout was anyone else able to read KK’s lips as the Pack was headed for the sidelines.. Sure seemed like he said “Settle the f down.”

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Not going to be popular opinion, but our style of play is not really conducive for putting together a run in a tournament setting.

Not saying it can’t be done, but maintaining intensity in back to back games or even 1 day rest games combined with relying on 3 point shooting seemingly will work against us.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

17-12 Tenn at the under eight TO
    too many turnovers and missed 3 pointers.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… still waiting to see what we’ve got left in the tank…

I’m wondering why we’re shooting threes when we scored in the paint often against Zona’s two 7ftrs…

Looks like we’re forgotten how those plays work…

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Azzhats lost again yesterday. Is it asking too much for a signature/good win victim to get their ish together and win after they lose to State? See also: Fla. St. and Louisville

Rick
    Keymaster

Sloppy game again. Ten turn overs.
    Why aren’t we driving more.

Me thinks Seanny bit is a bit distracted.

Rick
    Keymaster

We hustle but still don’t play fundamentally good defense. I hope that gets better.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Damn, ugly end to that half.

Packzingo
    Participant

Last 20 seconds not even fundamentally BAD Defense.. wow, that sucked

Fastback68
    Participant

House Divided, my side is on the short end.

I know nothing about UNCW. I was wondering if Keat’s teams were on the losing side of the rebounding stats. I would love to hear his take on rebounding. I only say this because yesterday’s announcers said State had been out rebounded every game this year.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Our 3 pt shooting is not good, to be polite. We were 35 out of 122 coming into this game (.287) and I believe we are 0-7 so far today.

Packzingo
    Participant

1 assist ….. wow

Rick
    Keymaster

Not looking any better…

What happened to the team from Wednesday? This doesn’t look like the same team.
    Too many water slides?

freshmanin83
    Participant

So the pick and roll not working why not run the pick and pop with Yurtsevsn then.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Keep pounding it inside

Packzingo
    Participant

A Freeman needs to get the OTHER 4 guys more in the pass rotation

MrPlywood
    Participant

A Tale of Two Teams: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Our old buddy Jamie Luckie appears to still love to call fouls on State. Some things never change.

Rick
    Keymaster

Our old buddy Jamie Luckie appears to still love to call fouls on State. Some things never change.

While true it has nothing to do with the spanking we are getting.

Packzingo
    Participant

The annoying portion of this game, we stink and only 6 out

freshmanin83
    Participant

Too bad The Pack is not too good with free throw shooting.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I have nothing really to say about this game, only that this thread should have been titled, “Big Boys in the Bahamas — Part 3 — Tennessee ! anyone ?”

MrPlywood
    Participant

Sean Miller hates State so much that he had his team lose two more just to minimize that impact of the Pack’s win. You have to admire his commitment.

ryebread
    Participant

The N. Iowa and Tenn games were disappointing. We went away from what won against Arizona, and back to the team that likes to jack up threes (but doesn’t have any true 3 point shooters). Tenn played good defense though, so I will give them that.

I figured we’d struggle this year against teams that want to pack it in. N. Iowa and Tenn showed how to beat NC State. We just don’t have the shooting right now, so expect a lot of sagging zones paired with overplay on the pick and roll.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.