BIG BOYS in the Bahamas… Arizona Zona Game Thread…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball BIG BOYS in the Bahamas… Arizona Zona Game Thread…

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

It was on espn3 so there will be a replay there. Again, WOW…..I like what I saw all round with this team. I also like what I saw with KK in game coaching. DD should feel the heat more now Saturday. Good win.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Have to give some respect to zona they gave us a good game.

rthomas44
    Participant

STATE plays Thanksgiving afternoon @3pm on ESPN 2!!!

Rick
    Keymaster

This wasn’t is getting hot from three. This was a confident well played all around game.
    They played hard and smart. They never got rattled. They never complained about calls. Very disciplined team. This is exciting.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Have to give some respect to zona they gave us a good game.

Ha.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

5-0. Meanwhile Archie “Butt Face” Miller’s team sits at 3-2. So I guess I like where we’re at for right now.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK!!!

Checking the BoxScore…

As predicted….

Trier get 27, 24 in the second half…
    Ayton gets 27 …

BUT that was matched by…

Al Freeman with 24, 20 in the second half..
    AND
    Braxton Beverly off the bench with 20 pts and 2 assists…

Definitely worth mentioning…
    Y7 with 11pts and 9rbs off the bench…
    ABU off the bench with 8pts and 8rbs…
    and 8 three pointers…

AND THE BIGGEST STAT OF ALL…

FORTY SOLID MINUTES on both ends…
    Conditioning + Defense + Composure!

IF you, whoever you are, got a problem with this….
    Go F’ yourself!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

And that Braxton thug who goes to class all the time.. just who in the hell does he think he is? Classing it up and running sh!t against the #2 team in the nation as a freshmen?

Gowolves
    Participant

Keatts had them ready. I hope he is what I thought he could be when he was hired. When he was hired I thought Keatts would be a game changer. Please be that guy. I know it’s early but it seems different.

Texpack
    Participant

Watched the first 8 minutes and left to go have my birthday dinner. Returned home in time for the last 4 minutes. Looking forward to the replay. Having Beverly on the floor to drain FTs down the stretch is something we shall enjoy. Go Pack!

Fastback68
    Participant

So what’s the deal with smu or uni? Any good? Nova vs vols?

Fastback68
    Participant

Nova #5, 2 signature wins

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hey Coach Rick…
    better late than never…
    I KNOW you liked what you saw!
    —————–

Note to file…

Minutes played…

A. Freeman – 28
    Beverly – 27
    Y7 – 23

————

Coach KK faces his first dilemna as OUR COACH…

Figure out how to play Markel Johnson and Braxton Beverly at the same time OR keep them happy…

We’ve seen this movie before, I hope this time there’s a better ending….

Good night Gents!
    See ya’ll tomorrow shortly before 3pm..

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

Bill,
    I loved it.
    I don’t see a minutes problem with KK’s system. Lots of time.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I am trying figure out which player was the most surprising to me Beverly or Yurtseven ? Not that others were not good. I guess the freshman gets the nod.

pakfanistan
    Participant

coyotejoe
    Participant

Isn’t it amazing what conditioning and defense can accomplish? From the standpoint of wrestling, what you may lack in talent, you can make up for it with your gas tank.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

State on t-day followed by Philip against the Cowboys..I’ll be gettin’ a high high…

pakfanistan
    Participant

The word of the day is erect. E-R-E-C-T, erect.

pakfanistan
    Participant

BTW, I’m currently rewatching the game while I imbibe.

ryebread
    Participant

Just watched the game on replay. Zona has a very talented team. They probably win that game 7 out of 10 times, but didn’t today. There’s no way that freshman center is 18, just no way. He can really play.

I had thought we’d play them close but lose and that some garbage free throws by Zona at the end would make it a ten point game and seem
    bigger than it was. I knew we were quite a bit better than most of our fans thought, but with Abu being out (and likely rusty), it was a very tall task to expect the upset. I was hoping though, and told Paki not to spoil it for me given he was watching live.

Great team and program win tonight. NC State looked like one of those veteran teams that makes deep tournament runs by playing at a high level and very poised. Every single player with a NC State jersey contributed to that win, regardless of whether they got in the game.

I know it is early. I know we’re going to take some lumps. I know with our style we’re going to get in foul trouble some games, or due to lack of shooting we’ll struggle against pack it in / stall ball teams, but I love the style of play and am cautiously optimistic about our early returns.

Packzingo
    Participant

Impressed with how athletic ALL the players looked, no Hippo’s this year!
    The hustle offset Arizona’s talent to some degree and the combination of Braxton, Hunt, and A Freeman just seemed so much more
    in control. I’m not the BB guru most on here are but on Defense, for the first time in several years, the guys looked like they
    knew where they were suppose to be. Overall, many impressive signs tonight……. so now our expectations are thru the roof LOL

ryebread
    Participant

My expectations are the same — 2 non conference losses and .500 in league play. Style wise, we matched up well with Zona, but I can tell you that there are programs on the schedule (like UVA) that we are going to struggle with.

Just enjoy the evening, a win over a highly ranked team (and Sean Miller) and don’t get ahead of ourselves.

tractor57
    Participant

Two things I observed – Zona has a really good team and tonight the Pack was a little better. Maybe a difference in focus, maybe the Pack is stronger than even we expected. I didn’t see any Pack player that had a bad game, no pouting, no whining just focus. Less talent maybe but I’m not so sure. For one game an excellent display.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’m glad that this win took place on a neutral floor far away. No floor rush, no over the top celebrations. The team actually seemed somewhat subdued, workmanlike. I think bodes well for the future.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.