BBall Preseason Predictions

Home Forums All StateFansNation BBall Preseason Predictions

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

After last year’s injury-plagued Wolfpack missed the NCAA Tournament for the first time in his five seasons, Gottfried hit the recruiting trail for several spring additions while reshaping a coaching staff that had been intact since his arrival in Raleigh. Now N.C. State has two new assistants and a roster featuring a top-10 national recruiting class along with key returnees — a mix that could get N.C. State back into the NCAAs.

http://sports.usatoday.com/2016/10/24/gottfried-hopes-offseason-changes-get-wolfpack-back-to-ncaas/

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Guarded optimism from me.

wtf?

just kidding, Rick…

:>}

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    gso packbacker
    Participant

Heck, I am just hoping we play TEAM basketball with a solid effort on a consistent basis. Frustrated me to no end to watch the cluster at times last year.

One more thought regarding the Coaches Poll. 2 years ago we didn’t receive a single preseason vote and yet finished 24th in the final poll. Last year we were without Warren so only received 36 votes preseason, then finished without mention.

Quick fun facts!
    2014-2015: 11 Preseason Top 25 teams finished OUT of the Top 25.
    -6 of those didn’t even receive a single vote in the final poll (Florida, Texas, UConn, Nebraska, Michigan, Syracuse).
    -Conversely, 6 teams who finished in the Top 25 didn’t get a single preseason vote (NC State was one of them).
    2015-2016: 6 Preseason Top 25 teams finished OUT of the Top 25.
    -2 of those didn’t get a single vote in the final poll (LSU, Vanderbilt)
    -Syracuse finished 10th, but didn’t receive a single preseason vote.

In summary, over 2 years the coaches picked 66% (33/50) of the final top 25 correctly in the preseason. Opening that up to “others receiving votes”, over 2 years the coaches picked 86%. However, the “others” selected comprised an additional 50 teams.

Doubled the selection pool and improved their accuracy from 66% to 86%. Not shabby, but it’s not what I would consider clairvoyant either.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’m just trying to keep my hopes in check. My head is in the clouds over this group.

Truly the sky is the limit, but….everything we want is at the end of a single elimination tournament. Even the best teams have bad days.

Rick
    Keymaster

I’m just trying to keep my hopes in check. My head is in the clouds over this group.

Truly the sky is the limit, but….everything we want is at the end of a single elimination tournament. Even the best teams have bad days.

Good consistent coaching and a system (i.e. UVA) will eventually win something where depending on the ebb and flow of your talent puts pressure on the years when you have the talent, like this year for us.

Fastback68
    Participant

Yurt out 9 games per ESPN

gso packbacker
    Participant

^ Could have been worse. Now the staff knows what they have to work with to start the season.

packbackr04
    Participant

9 games? if hes eligible, hes eligible correct? am i missing something? what about Kapita?

OutWestWolf
    Participant

the weather is stunning out here next to the Salish Sea today so I must have nothing else to bi#*h about but …
    Clearly I missed what Gott did or said to dickie-cheese cause:
    ‘Eight ACC teams in Dickie V’s projected NCAA tourney’
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17961093/acc-teams-dominate-dickie-v-projected-ncaa-tournament-field

Let me spoil it for you – WolfPack aren’t in the 8 he listed

Field of 68 includes eight ACC teams and 2017 Pack squad doesn’t make it in (I for one don’t buy it), seems downright disrepectful to Gott and and his coaching staff

I guess time will tell

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Anybody… GOTT a live stream or link for the exhibition game…

I”ve GOTT to detox from the Cubs && Baseball!!

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

The exhibition game isn’t showing up on the TuneIn Radio app on my phone. Since the app just buffers/transmits the radio broadcast, I was hoping that it would.

The basketball schedule at gopack.com has a “watch” and “listen” button for the game. No clue what either option entails.

Rick
    Keymaster

Someone said this is a live stream
    t.co/t5138h9ZGo

BJD95
    Keymaster

Dick Vitale wouldn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground if it jumped up and bit him.

And we shouldn’t be in anyone’s Top 25. The rankings are, presumably, of where the teams are RIGHT NOW, not where they WILL be in March, or even January.

Anyone wanting to bet against us making the tourney, I’ll take your bet up to $2500.

choppack1
    Participant

I think game is on go pack tonight. Of course, all of us itching to get a peak will probably crash the server.

Looking forward to this year, we have tons of talent, very little of it proven to produce on a consistent level in big time college basketball. I haven’t seen this level of talent since, gulp, we had cj Leslie, Lo Brown, Ryan Harrow, Richard Howell, Painter, Scott Wood, etc.

We should be good and come January we can throw all kinds of lineups at teams – V would love this line-up.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Sounds like outwestwolf is in my neighborhood 🙂

re: State’s talent level this year – I am very curious to see Yurt7 hit the floor with DSJ. Hopefully we’ll get to see the Wolfpack with a force in the middle. I get the feeling that this group can transcend coaching – or lack thereof – if need be. Put ’em out and let ’em play.

And at least Lunardi has State in as a 9 seed.

Gowolves
    Participant

Go Pack stream is not working

pakfanistan
    Participant

Go Pack stream is not working

Working for me.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ a little slow… but GoPack is working down here…

I know I ’cause after 8mins… based on what I’ve seen, I can say with assurance…

We are still NC STATE….

BeJay started tonight, for those curious about that kind of thing…

Rick
    Keymaster

Stream is working for me. Our defense had been familiar so far.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Our second team looks like they can beat our first team….

pakfanistan
    Participant

BeJay started tonight, for those curious about that kind of thing…

I don’t think he did.

Smith,
    Henderson,
    Mav,
    Dorn,
    Abu

Gowolves
    Participant

Now its working

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

you could be right Pak… I didn’t tune in until 2-3 mins had been played…

At the half…

1. This ain’t last years team.
    2. Match up Zone D is new.
    3. Dennis Smith is the real deal.
    4. Abu picking up where he left off last spring, now with a left hand.
    5. Rowan +15lbs is looking like Dave DeBusschere
    6. Y7 didn’t get alot of minutes, but appears to be “as advertised”.

That’s a pretty good foundation for a successful season…

pakfanistan
    Participant

you could be right Pak… I didn’t tune in until 2-3 mins had been played…

Abu tweaked something early and Beej subbed in for him.

So glad BBall is back. And not because FB sucks.

Rick
    Keymaster

Team is pulling away. Dsj is really good.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.