BBall Preseason Predictions

Home Forums All StateFansNation BBall Preseason Predictions

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Pack1997
    Participant

I just read where SI has us finishing 6th in the league this year. Considering last year, if that comes true that would be one hell of a turnaround. They had us finishing 10-8 in the ACC. All this provided the Turk gets cleared. Over/Under on 6th place???????

ryebread
    Participant

If Yurt and others are cleared and everyone stays healthy, then anything less than a top 4 ACC finish securing a double bye will be a complete failure. With 2 apparent NBA lottery picks playing at the two most important positions in college basketball, the goal should be the Final Four. The talent isn’t going to get better.

If everyone is cleared and healthy, if we finish 6th this year, then we should just cut bait with Gott. He’ll never get us there.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I just read where SI has us finishing 6th in the league this year. Considering last year, if that comes true that would be one hell of a turnaround. They had us finishing 10-8 in the ACC. All this provided the Turk gets cleared. Over/Under on 6th place???????

If not this year then when? He has to finish in the top tier or it would be a crazy disappointment.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I predict….

We’ll play all the games.

We’ll win most all of them that we should win.
    We’ll win a couple of games that we shouldn’t have won.

The difference will be whether we are above or below .500, and how much so, on the tossups.

Some kids will surprise us.
    Some kids will disappoint us.

On some nights, Coach is gonna make scratch our heads.
    On other nights, Coach will pull rabbits out of hats.

We’ll watch every one.
    We’ll be dancing next March.
    We are the NCState Wolfpack!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Couple of keys:

1) Is the Turk as good as advertised, and can he hold his own in the paint as a freshman ? May take a couple of years in a weight room for him to truly blossom.

2) If Anya had been mature enough to continue his weight loss program, and been serious about improving and helping this team, State might have had a chance for a Top 4 finish in the league. Instead, he ballooned up to 350 lbs, so he’ll be an absolute waste (waist ?) of space this year, again.

Even without a positive contribution from Baby Huey, this team should be in the fight for a Top 4 spot. As rye said above, the talent won’t get any better.

McCallum
    Participant

The zinc ad will still be on my screen.

McCallum

Texpack
    Participant

37-3. Lose in the Finals on a missed FG

YogiNC
    Participant

Thanks for the chuckle tex, after today I really needed that.

Smarter than the average bear

Adventuroo
    Participant

I hope folks are jesting about BJ falling off the Rehab Wagon. There were rumors that he stayed true to the team dietician’s meal plan during the week….but on the weekend, if you stood between he and his 4 Double Whopper, french fried with bacon wrapped around it, SNACKS….then you were in trouble and he would just sit on you and laugh as you lay gasping for your last breath. That tidbit came from a WPC insider…..who is usually VERY complimentary….

We shall see what we shall see….

BTOB…..how did you do on your call about BREXIT? If so, then the obvious question is ALLEGED “Groper or Liar”?. I think you missed a line about sometimes all the kernels pop in Orville’s finest….whilst other times, it looks like a field drop for the deer…..

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

BTOB…..how did you do on your call about BREXIT? If so, then the obvious question is ALLEGED “Groper or Liar”?.

B’rer ‘Roo…

I don’t remember making a “call” on BREXIT… not within my field(s) of expertise…

RE: DonaldDuck && QueenB#tch…
    I have made the NOT made that “call” publicly, but since you asked, I will…

Baring totally unforeseen external events, like an oil embargo, embassy bombing, etc…

QB wins by 3-4 points…

Now the better question is what happens next, IF that ain’t enough for the Electoral College.

DD’s purpose in life these days appears to me to be…
    KNOCK the WALL DOWN!

You know as good as I, 99% of the time, the guys that “Knock Walls Down” don’t get to “Build Something New” in the same place.
    That’s simple really, the skills it takes to “Knock Walls Down” and the skills it takes to “Build Something New” are NOT complimentary.

If I’m wrong, and I have said this publicly…. 90plus%% of America ain’t going know the difference by next Spring. If elected, DD is going to Obama look like a f’ing magician… DD ain’t going to accomplish sh#t even with a Republican controlled Congress. Congress might do some stuff… But DD won’t.

Now please understand, I’m being as objective as I can…. I have some expertise in this area BUT I don’t have a dog in this hunt….

McCallum…

Firefox + AdBlock Plus eliminates Zinc and all other known and visible toxins.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I think 6th is about right. We have lots of new pieces that need time to come together. But we will be playing Top 4-caliber ball and be dangerous come March, and that’s what I really give a shit about.

McCallum
    Participant

I doubt they play defense worth a damn.

Without that don’t expect much.

McCallum

YogiNC
    Participant

BOTB, thanks mucho for the adblock suggestion. works perfectly. Now if only the BB team could work like that!

Smarter than the average bear

tractor57
    Participant

For years I was opposed to any ad blockers but once ads started serving malware and stalling my browser I went with Ublock Origin (an open source solution). I took it that in return for content I would watch some ads but like anything it became massively a problem.

ryebread
    Participant

My hope is that Gott turns the defense over to Schroyer. If so, we might actually play it for the first time under his tenure. That’s what his teams were known for at Tenn Martin. He plays that UNLV Amoeba zone. My only fear is that Gott doesn’t seem to like zone.

For all the talk of Lutz as the defensive whiz, I really hoped that wasn’t true. His teams were never good at defense, but were good offensive.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

B’rer ‘Roo….

After last night’s game in Vegas…

BOTB Line on DD v. QB has moved slightly….
    DD down 4 to 5%

Rick
    Keymaster

I expect about the same thing we see every year. Squeak into the tournament and win a game or two.
    What we should see is a very good and dangerous team. There is a lot of talent. Unfortunately there are many many new faces which probably means growing pains. We cannot afford a big stumble as the out of conference schedule is Charmin soft.

IF we decide defense is important then we might see something more than my expectations.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m buying the hype and drinking the Koolaid. We should finish in the top 3 in the ACC. I predict only 3 to 5 ACC losses. Should finish in the top ten nationally by end of regular season.

(barring any lengthy injuries to critical players)

Adventuroo
    Participant

Noticed this little tidbit…..

http://cjonline.com/sports/catzone/2016-10-20/nc-state-hires-ex-kansas-state-coach-tom-asbury-analyst#

Don’t quite what to make of it. Usually the Video guys are techno geeks…..maybe Tom is….or maybe he will be doing “more” than just collecting and analyzing videos….

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^fills Lutz’s “real” job….
    resume is NOT shabby….

old saying.. “The key to success is to surround yourself with people smarter than you and keep them happy.”

We shall see!

pakfanistan
    Participant

The event tonight is on watchESPN for those interested. It was streaming live a moment ago, but just cut out to “Your event is about to begin” because espn sucks I assume.

john of sparta
    Participant

+1 Advent…BJA will have to play himself into shape.
    +1 McC……what defense?
    6th?……..6th from the bottom.

pakfanistan
    Participant

OK, I just watched Beejay hit two nice looking free throws. I don’t know what’s real anymore.

Fastback68
    Participant

The Undefeated

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

30-8, we lose our elite 8 game to the national champion Kentucky Wildcats.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.