Basketball Scheduling

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Basketball Scheduling

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wolf2003
    Participant

Scheduling

Coach Dunlap discusses the scheduling philosophy of Mark Gottfried.

Wufpacker
    Participant

That was really interesting. We’ve known that Gott and Co. are pretty good at scheduling for March and it’s nice to hear the nuts and bolts of their philosophy.

Thanks for linking it.

tractor57
    Participant

Nice! Thanks for the link.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Great stuff…thanks for the link!

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Thanks. I learned a lot. Coach Gott has definitely upgraded the schedule and which I think has added to the interest level in the BB program. Hopefully FB will follow suit as the program continues to improved.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yes, he has his faults, but I appreciate the fact that MG is a strategic thinker, and spends time/brainspace on stuff like this instead of the time honored wolven coach tradition of ass covering.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Hopefully FB will follow suit as the program continues to improved.

I’m not going to guess on what future FB schedules will look like, but the dynamics are completely different between FB and BB. The OOC games are clearly valuable in BB (as I’ve droned on about for the last decade). But they are completely worthless in FB for the vast, vast majority of schools.

I realize that the value of OOC FB games matters to season-ticket holders…but I’m skeptical that this concern ever enters the picture.

TheCOWDOG

It matters to FB players and recruits, and that’s sorta integral.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.