Basketball is here! NC State v. Cal St. LA

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Basketball is here! NC State v. Cal St. LA

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

As usual, we begin another year wondering how we’re going to score. We know we have the pieces, but not quite now they fit.

Sitting here watching warm ups, it’s clear this is easily the most athletic team we’ve had in Gott’s tenure. At a glance, it looks like it might be the best shooting team as well.

On a non-sports note, PNC logistics are pissing me off. Free Admission! For the third level…..bottom level is nigh completely empty, yet I was just asked to move from the front row of the third level seats because general admission apparently won’t even allow me to sit that close.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Interesting, both Martins in the starting lineup.

pakfanistan
    Participant

19-6 with 11:46 to go.

I think I just saw Cody running the point….Cat’s not in the game

pakfanistan
    Participant

Abu’s ft shooting has improved. Beejay’s has not.

22-15 State 7:53 to go.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Rowan getting a lot of play. Has a nice quick release on his 3.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Communication is much better. I see a lot of talking and directing from the guys who have been with the team. Cat looks more vocal and it looks like practicing at PG has made Cody more vocal as well.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Block by Abu leads to an assist by Henderson to Cat for three.

37-22 2:24 to go in the 1st

pakfanistan
    Participant

39-30 at the half. Abu with 13 pts and 6 rebounds. Cat with 13 pts and I don’t know how many assists because I forgot to count.

pakfanistan
    Participant

49-32 15:43 to go.

I don’t know what percentage Cat is shooting from 3, but it’s high.

Texpack
    Participant

The brain surgeons in our media group have an audio only feed and a video only feed. The video didn’t work on mobile devices. Cody looks ok at the point.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Cody does indeed look OK. And as log as that holds true we should be alright

pakfanistan
    Participant

Shaun Kirk coming in for the first time.

54-33 12 to go.

Fastback68
    Participant

So is it State defense intensity in 2nd half or not? Go pack.com is flailing.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Defense looks better for sure. I think Cat is done toying with his food.

61-38 9 to go.

Texpack
    Participant

Rowan could become SWII

pakfanistan
    Participant

They’re definitely looking at ‘tendencies.’ Anya with a couple of cheapies.

66-47 4 to go.

Fastback68
    Participant

Thanks, I had audio for 1st half, got greedy and tried for video, lost everything but the score.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Rowan could become SWII

I think his ceiling is significantly higher. Rowan is more physically developed than Wood was when he graduated. And his shot may not be as good, but it’s plenty good to be a very good player.

Texpack
    Participant

Henderson and Rowan both more athletic than Wood or the crippled BSW from last season. We will get hammered on the glass until Frenchy plays

pakfanistan
    Participant

70-54 2 to go.

Martin seems competent against low level competition, but the offense doesn’t seem nearly as productive.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Omg shocking comeback Eagles fly high and pull it out 72-70 ?

71-54 final.

redisgood
    Participant

I only stayed for the 1st half, but this is what I saw:

– the best lineup was easily Cat, Henderson, Abu, and the Martin’s

– the offense struggled mightily when Cat went out

– Cat’s shooting motion is so much improved. He can be a big time scorer

– Abu was fabulous at both ends

– Henderson is going to be a big time player for us. I think he was pressing a bit, similar to Lacy in last year’s exhibition. But he is so athletic, and can do everything.

– Rowan’s shot looked good. Like Henderson, I think he was pressing a bit. His defense needs a lot of work

– I doubt Gott has ever had a team defined by their defense, but this team may be it. Especially the starting five. Those guys get after it

-Beejay didn’t play much while I was there. He had a nice block, but not much else.

– I’m not sure how we will do this year, but these guys are going to be a lot of fun to watch

Texpack
    Participant

What I saw looked a little more “live by the three” than we have been recently, but multiple three point shooters may help Abu and Beejay with space inside.

Shaun Kirk looks like Jeff Spicolli with that do. I think he will be able to catch a quick nap at the FT line. That’s how laid back he looks.

pakfanistan
    Participant

To continue my complaining about the logistics, after being asked to move from the front row of the third level, milliseconds before tip-off, I was offered a seat in the first level in what was literally the farthest section from where I was sitting. The score was 12-2 before I saw any of the game.

I have no idea why the whole thing wasn’t sit wherever you want.

redisgood
    Participant

Yeah, I was confused about that too. Even though it was free admission, I received tickets and a parking pass for the game as part of my season’s package. I brought them just in case and ended up needing both the parking pass and the tickets.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.