Baseball – Duke Rolls Into Raleigh

Home Forums All StateFansNation Baseball – Duke Rolls Into Raleigh

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

With less than a month to go in the 2016 regular season, Wolfpack Baseball (29-11, 10-6 ACC) has itself positioned pretty well as it rounds the back t
    [See the full post at: Baseball – Duke Rolls Into Raleigh]

Gowolves
    Participant

Thanks for the write up. In honor of a old WPTF radio show I present the following sketch. One hint it was Saturday morning years ago. Lov3d it.

RADIO HOST: Thanks for calling. Do you have something to sell, trade or looking to buy?
    CALLER (ME): Yes, I have one ticket to the the UN* versus NCSU baseball game in a couple weeks and want to trade it for a Duke game. In light of some recent events I won’t be able to attend that game and I am looking to trade. You can reach me by e-mail. Thanks for taking my call. ???

TheCOWDOG

Question. Should the boys get a national seed, where in the world would they host?

I mean, with the ever conscientious NCAA laying down the law on all things HB2 (and NC:lol), where the hell do we play?

I say, Pedro’s place at State Line.

ncsu1987
    Participant

^LOL, I like it:

Hey, Wuf:

I don’t comment on all your baseball articles, but I read them all and I appreciate the work.

Time for the home stretch…

redwolf87
    Participant

The Dillon (or maybe Hamer?), SC regional, featuring NC State. Awesome.

Postgame festivities at the Hot Tamale. Mexico East and West gift shops offering official NCAA gear. Postgame fireworks provided by Fort Pedro.

What is hilarious is that the modern knee-jerk reaction to such supposedly racist motifs runs contrary to the politics of the guy that started and ran SOB until his death. Alan Schafer. Decidedly liberal Democrat.

And let us not forget the engineer of the most recent QE was none other than Ben Bernanke, who waited tables at SOB while he saved up money to go to Harvard (no BS, look it up). He’s even got an interchange in Dillon on I-95 named after him.

Yeah. A home regional in Dillon would rock. And fling a big finger up at everybody that deserves it in this day and age.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hell, it’s on the way to Myrtle Beach so why the heck not?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hey, Wuf:

I don’t comment on all your baseball articles, but I read them all and I appreciate the work.

Time for the home stretch…

Appreciate the kindness 🙂

44rules
    Participant

Love the baseball articles. Inspired me to go see our team at Ga. Tech when they were in town.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

TheCOWDOG

Yep. Pedro’s it is. Somebody email Debbie!

BJD95
    Keymaster

We can chip in for a “no ofence” billboard if that helps!

And yeah, the el beisbol articles help keep my cracker ass sane AND coming back at all, frankly.

redwolf87
    Participant

Says it all.

Several members of the unx athletic department in the early scenes of this clip.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Walk off hit Mendoza. Pack wins it 3-2 awesome

TheCOWDOG

^
    This is how the mojo go.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Honestly thought we were snakebit tonight. Heckuva win, whether we deserved it or not.

mak4dpak
    Participant

The game started out badly, but the final result is the most important thing. Good win, coming from behind to win it in 9 innings.

Primewolf
    Participant

Always a great read, Wufpacker. Thanks. Great win last night. Would you say this is our best hitting club, power wise, in some time??

I guess all your writer buddies have either gone senile or have writers cramp.

Maybe it is the general state of Wolfpack revenue sports?

Revenue or not, I like the generally steady improvement in the nonrevenue sports. Put the money where we clearly have exceptional coaches and let’s see if we can become a perennial power in Anything.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Win last night moved us up a notch to #7 in the RPI.
    Sadly, Bama is freefalling and has dropped out of the top 50, costing us a top 50 win, at least for the time being.

blpack
    Participant

Team is rolling over the Blue Devils so far. Going for sweep on Sunday!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Brian Brown tosses a gem tonight…scatters 3 hits over 7 innings, walks only 1 vs 8 K’s, keeps Duke off the board thru 7 complete.

Pack tops the Devils 12-2. Will try to break out the brooms tomorrow at 1pm.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Traveled from Fayetteville, friday for the game, we barely pull out, but we do. Sure woulda been nice to see the game Saturday, with the beat down Duke received. Looking for the sweep Sunday.

Zaphod
    Participant

Any news on today’s game? Is there a website where game status is tracked, so my dad (who’s 84) and I don’t get there and have to kill several hours waiting for a delay?

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Nothing announced one way or another yet that I’ve heard. Baseball twitter guy is pretty good about keeping folks informed.
    https://twitter.com/NCStateBaseball

That being said, I’d be surprised if there’s not at least a bit of a delay today.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Indefinite delay just announced.
    Like I said, the twitter guy is pretty good. When they have a first pitch time, he’ll generally be very quick to pass it along.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack blows a lot of chances today, falls vs Duke, 2-1 Final.
    But still won the series so it’s all good.

choppack1
    Participant

Not good. I will soon start closely following wolfpack baseball and it will all go to heck in a hand basket.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.