Bam Is Announcing Tomorrow

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Bam Is Announcing Tomorrow

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

It appears Bam Adebayo is set to make his college choice tomorrow. Until today he was deemed to be a virtual lock for NC State. There is suddenly a lot of angst that he may have made a last minute switch and flipped to Kentucky. I hope not. We will know soon enough.

Bruce Pearl and Auburn is the third school in the running.

MrPlywood
    Participant

There would appear to be plenty of playing time available 😛

Greywolf
    Participant

After the way Mary whipped our arse, I wouldn’t be surprised at anything.

Gott brings in the talent but IMO he does less with more than anyone I know of.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Calipari started putting a hard push on Bam about a month or so ago. As soon as I read that I figured that even with Dennis Smith landed, our chances were 50:50 at best. I hope to be proven wrong.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Given the way the universe has been kicking me in the balls…I will have some ice at the ready.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Stick with the plan Bam – you, Dennis Smith Jr and Adidas.

Rick
    Keymaster

After the way Mary whipped our arse, I wouldn’t be surprised at anything.

Gott brings in the talent but IMO he does less with more than anyone I know of.

Agreed. He just seems to be missing something critical.

redisgood
    Participant

He’s announcing tomorrow morning on Mike & Mike. That has Cal written all over it. I do not think he would be going on Mike & Mike to announce for NC State.

pakfanistan
    Participant

That’s ok guys, we didn’t want him anyway, right? Right?

WTNY
    Participant

When I wore a younger man’s clothes I followed recruiting. And I learned my lesson.

Following recruiting is a frustrating and time-wasting proposition.

HogPack24
    Participant

Pretty sure Bam met with the coaching staff today so unless he was just being polite and letting them down softly, an announcement tomorrow looks good for the Pack!!…….Bam tomorrow, Rawle next!!! ?

WolfpackNation
    Participant

From sources I trust I can tell you he is going to Kentucky 100% as of now. Already notified them. Only hope is Gottfried helicoptering over to his house tonight as we speak. Please don’t get your hopes up and lets start rooting for Alkins. You can’t win them all and lets try to at least congratulate Gott on getting DSJ and the highest ranked named recruit since Hodge.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Your annual reminder that the lyrics from “The Gambler” prove that Kenny Rogers had to be a State fan:

“The best you can hope for is to die in your sleep.”

redisgood
    Participant

Let’s see, Bam announcing on Mike & Mike, Duke Kentucky is on ESPN tonight, M&M have been mentioning the game. I wonder where Bam is going?

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

When I wore a younger man’s clothes I followed recruiting. And I learned my lesson.

Are you reading my mind?

PackFamily
    Participant

Announced UK

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Damn Bam

redisgood
    Participant

So in less than a few short weeks we lose Matt Dayes for the season, lose to William & Mary, lose Terry Henderson for two months, and lose Bam to Kentucky. I know it can be challenging to be an NC State fan at the best of times, but damn, this is demoralizing.

FergusWolf
    Participant

So in less than a few short weeks we lose Matt Dayes for the season, lose to William & Mary, lose Terry Henderson for two months, and lose Bam to Kentucky. I know it can be challenging to be an NC State fan at the best of times, but damn, this is demoralizing.

Being a Wolfpack fan is advanced fandom, it’s easy to cheer for the front-runner, the multi-time (in the past 25 years) national champion, the teams that don’t seem to be stuck in the mud. But we can’t do that, we are Wolfpack fans…we may not want to do this, but we don’t have any choice. It’s in our blood.

So, like it or not, the majority of us are still going to be here next year, living and dying in the next top recruit.

Think of it from Bam’s perspective…Coach Cal and his arsenal and demonstrated promotion to the NBA vs. Coach Gott and his scraping into the tourney every year with the occasional NBA draft pick…I’m just glad that Dennis Smith actually signed his LOI before Bam’s announcement.

redisgood
    Participant

^ You are 100% spot on. I am already looking forward to tomorrow night’s basketball game and Saturday’s football game. Bam who?

Wufpacker
    Participant

“They’re a winning program with a great all-around environment,” Adebayo said. “I just like the staff, and I like Coach Cal [John Calipari].”

NC State and Auburn were also reportedly in the running to add the 6-foot-8, 235-pounder to their class of 2016.

He said Calipari sold him on helping him get “to the next level.”

“It’s something that pops in your head every now and then,” Adebayo said when asked about being one-and-done as a college player. “But I’m focused on college basketball right now. I’m just worried about winning the national title.”

Wulfpack
    Participant

So, like it or not, the majority of us are still going to be here next year, living and dying in the next top recruit.

I draw the line here. Once they get on campus, then I follow them. But I’m not about to beat myself up over where a kid decides to go to school. And they are just kids.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Guilty to a certain extent. Once Smith committed and I learned more about the supposed “package” deal, I got sucked in. Oh well.

Packzingo
    Participant

Hope he does well sitting on the bench at UK…..unless they have another 6 man exodus, time will come sparingly.
    I hate to see the in state kids go out of state for a sales pitch of the “next level”…….all can make the next level if they are talented!! Anyway, our experience with “one and done” kids sucks as well.

Heelh8r
    Participant

That’s where I am also, Zingo. His loss. But one thing was clear, even before today. It was all about Bam; not team, not NC State. I just do not find it enjoyable to follow those type players. I want to win, but I want to do it with players who are team players and are excited to play for their school. Not to showcase their talent for the “next level”. (See William & Mary’s team for an example). Maybe that is too idealistic, and maybe we never win big that way, but I am excited about the players we have and the ones who are coming. Keep on striving!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.