Bad Teddy….

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Bad Teddy….

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

E$in reporting…

Teddy Valentine won’t officiate in NCAA tourney…

I know everybody BUT NC State fans are really upset…

GO PACK!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Pack78
    Participant

That clown owes US a hell of a lot more than some after-the-fact apology…

MrPlywood
    Participant

“This is not right, it’s just not fair,” Valentine told ESPN. “It hit me like a ton of bricks. I’m being punished unjustly.”

We know the feeling Theodore.

Fastback68
    Participant

Prick

PackofMac
    Participant

Well hell, I’m torn. Of all the short stories and witty posts Bill has been active with lately this one really interested me…that is until I read why Teddy was banished. A simple incident when compared to all the stunts he’s been responsible for, all the ass screwing’s we’ve endured at his hands along with many, many other universities yet he’s punished for turning his back on Joel Berry? Really? And now we’re celebrating along with ESPN punishment for a man for simply stepping on UNC’s toes because I sure as hell didn’t read anything in the attachment about all of his other incidents with other teams. Ridiculous, simply ridiculous that that incident is what gets him negative attention from respectable news organazations. Did I just call ESPN respectable….oops

PackofMac
    Participant

So Bill, is our disgust for Teddy V that strong that we celebrate along side those asses from Chapel Hill because make no mistake who that article from ESPN was ultimately written for.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

PacOfMac… Thanks…

So here’s one story that fits the Bad Teddy scenario…

Ok… so I’m sitting in District Court one day 32 yrs ago… a simple traffic ticket that I refused to pay off…

The AsstDA, at the time, was in my Sunday School Class at church…
    He walks in with at least a hundred manila folders under his arm — the morning’s caseload to be processed in 3 1/2 hours…

The next Sunday, we’re talking about Court that day and I asked him “How do you do that? You didn’t spend all night reading for a hundred cases…”

His response was…”90-plus%% of the people in front of me are guilty of ‘something similar’. Doesn’t matter if they’re guilty in this case or not, ‘this case’ is what we have ‘on’ them. So I just bulldoze it and get the conviction…” ***

Right or Wrong, as you see it… That works, this time, with Teddy, too…

And in Teddy’s case… it’s crystal clear from where I sit….. that the punishment does not fit the specific charge, but that the punishment fits all the charges, prosecuted or not…

And if other folks are smiling with us, I’d say… The more the merrier… Perhaps the better question is…

“Whether or not, we’ll ever see Teddy on the court again in stripes in the ACC or at the Dance?”

I got a dollar that says “Hell NO!”…

*** I left a whole helluva lot out of this story so as not to blur my main point and to protect the ‘innocent’…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    phcqmfd
    Participant

Someone else loves teddy, the guy we love to hate Dan Dakich.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/dan-dakich-rightfully-destroys-ted-valentine.html

GoldenChain
    Participant

Feel free to take Jamie Luckie with you TV Ted.

tractor57
    Participant

Buh Bye – hope I never see you again Teddy.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Way overdue. The ACC should have canned him years ago. While I don’t care for Dan Dakich’s style of calling a game, he is spot on in calling out TV Teddy. Two gone, one to go. Come on Jamie Luckie, time for you to show your A$$ one more time during the tournament while the focus is still on this issue.

ryebread
    Participant

Teddy has clearly had it coming. One can take the DA theory, but I tend to think it is a little convenient.

I find it ironic that this only happened to Valentine AFTER UNC felt like they were on the bad end of the call. The message seems clear to me. Give UNC an unfavorable whistle and you are gone.

UNC has been playing 8-5 in most conference games since I have been alive. I don’t for a second think that this is the first time the zebras are getting the carrot or the stick related to the way they officiate UNC. This is just the first time it is so public.

Also, did anyone pick up the actual words from the article? Valentine “patched it up” and “helped Barry avoid a technical.” What the?!?! If he deserves a technical, call one. To me the public admission of a make up call is as damning as the actual call.

Off topic but I don’t have the dislike of Dan D. that most State fans do. Yeah he is an arrogant troll, by a lot of his analysis is correct and is more focused on the game at hand than most of the people ESPN has calling the games. He also calls them like he sees them, with much less of the top down messaging of someone like Bilas.

State fans don’t like him because he accurately said that Gott wasn’t a good coach, and that we played soft in letting a freshman named Smart single handedly beat us. I watched that game, and he was right on both counts. Those deluding thems loves about Gott just didn’t want to hear it.

It will be interesting to see if most State fans change their tune on DD. I heard him call a State game this year and he said Keatts was an excellent coach. I took mental note because we were down in the game at the time, and were looking ragged. It was a comment made based on an actual formulated opinion, not just fluffing based on a run over the last two minutes or the old “every coach does a great job” schtick.

TheCOWDOG

Rick
    Keymaster

Rye,
    Great post. I think you are right about the not so subtle implication that you give unc bad calls and you don’t get to ref. And people wonder why ncsu fans talk about bias.

DD gets on my nerves but maybe I need to take a second look at why…

pakfanistan
    Participant

State fans don’t like him because he accurately said that Gott wasn’t a good coach, and that we played soft in letting a freshman named Smart single handedly beat us.

That’s not the only reason.

DD gets on my nerves but maybe I need to take a second look at why…

Do it, you might find all new reasons to hate him.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Swofford probably put in the call himself. This is UNC’s league.

edit: rye hit the nail on the friggin head.

These guys have flat out literally told us they call games based on past tendencies of the teams.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

UNC greased the wheels for 20+ years in the “classroom”, with agents on the staff, etc. Why the hell isn’t it feasible to believe the wheels aren’t being greased at the upper levels as well, especially with a UNC alum as the frigging commissioner.

Conflict of interest
    , anyone?

GoldenChain
    Participant

H@ll I don’t agree Rye but it doesn’t mean he’s not right (well most of the time…sometimes….occasionally…well this time)

natediggity
    Participant

Let us not forget DY’s tweet after the Ga. Tech game. I like to think that had a part in the decision of tv Teddy

tractor57
    Participant

I’ll be happy if TV Teddy never calls a basketball game again. Even if it took the UNX idiocy to get it done.

ryebread
    Participant

Let us not forget DY’s tweet after the Ga. Tech game. I like to think that had a part in the decision of tv Teddy

We can tell ourselves that, but we’ve filed many a league complaint over the last 20 years. It’s NC State’s passive way of submitting to the system yet saving face with the fans.

The ONLY time that I can remember where the ACC has ever done anything related to an official due to how they dealt with NC State was with the Corch/Googs ACC tourney (and the ensuing initials on sneakers). It wasn’t long before those same refs were officiating our games, and in doing so were providing statistical outliers in fouling out TJ Warren (you can look in the archives, but I posted the unusual correlation that TJW fouled out almost every time that crew officiated him, and never had more than 2 fouls the rest of the year).

Nah, Teddy crossed UNC and was given a quick hook. Simple as that. Shrugs.

As for DanD, he loves to troll NC State fans, but NC State fans also stupidly feed the troll. It started over that Smart/Oklahoma State game, and our fans coming to the defense of Gott. That first game he was pretty honest, but our fans didn’t like it. They went after him, and there’s been an ax to grind ever since. If our fans ignored him, he’d go away.

As for the comments about stupid former players, I wouldn’t at all be surprised if it isn’t related to the timing of Gott’s firing. There were a lot of rumblings associating a former player with a leak. The press is going to know about that one.

tractor57
    Participant

Maybe the best of the big dance this year is no TV Teddy.

13OT
    Participant

You folks need to stop paying attention to ESPN. They’ve become a political network disguised as a sports channel, with wannabe political hacks using ESPN as their soapbox.

It’s no longer en vogue to report simply what happens in sports and move on from there, but rather it’s all about the commentary.

Pack78
    Participant
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Skipper said he had always been cautious about his drug use, but “not this time. It turned out I wasn’t careful this time.”

Skipper said he had never done cocaine at work at ESPN and only had used infrequently over the past 20 years, with it never affecting his work performance.

Hmmmmm, 62 years old and just gets a bump now and then…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.