Backing the Shadow Pack – Final Four Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Backing the Shadow Pack – Final Four Thread

Viewing 16 posts - 151 through 166 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Did Purvis just get a NC ring?

Rick
    Keymaster

I love passive agressive non-informational posts.

I guess the whole “Cheaters never win and winners never cheat” is not really applicable anymore.

No doubt UConn’s guards were the difference last night. They were quicker and better than UKs. I would have liked to have seen a better game since I stayed up late to watch it. I hope Gott watched it and finally realized how important defense is.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Cal is taking a bit of a beating on the airwaves. Ollie was just a step ahead most of the night, and UK clearly didn’t have the late game strategy outlined. Ugly way to finish a remarkable run.

Yep, the UCONN speed and quickness was the difference maker. Two stellar guards. Give credit to that Huskie interior, though. They held their own.

Now we will see if that was Cal’s last game in Blue, as Rex reports.

Rick
    Keymaster

Cal’s last game?
    Where would he go?

Wulfpack
    Participant

LA Lakers.

BJD95
    Keymaster

That would make for the end of the Shadow Pack. Boo.

I don’t see “out coaching” from last night. Thought both guys made the best moves they could. Both teams were just more than a bit off, and it turns out UConn was the better team (since I think they were similarly off).

Kevin Ollie slayed a lot of coaching giants on his run (and he deserves HUGE credit for that), the media just likes to take cheaps shots at Cal that they wouldn’t re Izzo, Donovan, etc.

Rick
    Keymaster

Hasn’t Cal already failed in the pros?

My guess is you will soon see Kentucky face some NCAA issues. Every time Cal has left it is to run from an investigation.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He has, but he’s also annoyed at UK. He does this. He gets bored and leaves. Apparently there is some teeth to this. And yes, my bet is UK is hit soon.

JasonP
    Participant

UK too big to get hit, too many checks and balances in their system to feel any pain. NCAA is toofless with the big timers.

Ironic Cal is going to get another premier NBA job. Have a feeling Ollie will make a better NBA coach, and wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up there sometime soon.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Just so you guys know, the big knock on Cal is his strategy NOT to foul, saying UCONN would never miss anyways.

Wulfpack
    Participant

My guess is Ollie is a lifer at UCONN. That’s his place and he is very proud of his program. Will probably be in the ACC soon.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Just so you guys know, the big knock on Cal is his strategy NOT to foul, saying UCONN would never miss anyways.

He was probably right about that. And how UK was shooting…hard to expect several makes in a row regardless. Cal’s strategy probably a wash either way, in terms of win expectancy.

BJD95
    Keymaster

My guess is Ollie is a lifer at UCONN. That’s his place and he is very proud of his program. Will probably be in the ACC soon.

I assure you there is no f-ing way the ACC adds a 16th school while ND isn’t a football member. Having 15 football schools would be a logistical nightmare, and UConn really adds nothing to our geographic footprint (plus they suck out loud at football).

If and when ND is ready to join a conference (I bet they still choose B1G, FWIW), we will offer them the ability to join fully and bring along whoever they want for #16. That’s really the only carrot we have to offer.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Interesting take on the next crop of young energetic coaches:

These 45-and-under, locker room-dancing, basketball-savvy, foot-stomping, advanced-stats-driven, father-figure, big-brother-like, hip-hop-listening leaders have been bubbling to the brim of a game that’s still owned by a group of legends who only go by single names or letters: Boeheim. Coach K. Roy. Self. The new breed isn’t as powerful, tenured or successful — yet. But Kevin (Ollie), Fred (Hoiberg), Archie (Miller), Shaka (Smart), Richard (Pitino), Josh (Pastner), Mick (Cronin) and Cuonzo (Martin) are next.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… word on the street up North is Kevin will be back in the NBA in five years…
    … and that was some NBA guys talking… not college guys..

who really knows.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Anybody’s game… beej…

for Fifteen minutes… then somebody might get “nervous”…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 16 posts - 151 through 166 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.