Backing the Shadow Pack – Final Four Thread

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Backing the Shadow Pack – Final Four Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Alas, somebody’s grandson is a big Kentucky fan. Thus, I am NOT the only person with Kentucky beating Florida in their office pool entry. Despite being a very respectable 8th (out of like 175-200)…I have no path to victory. But this is a 60/25/10 payout (5% to first weekend winner), so when my beloved Shadow Pack couts down the nets, I stand to win 2nd and a pretty decent chunk of change. Plus, all the glory for NC State’s 4th national title in the alternate universe inside my head.

The early game is perhaps the most interesting. UConn is playing with house money, and playing damned well. I could see the Gators either a little tight or looking forward to a UK rematch. Kevin Ollie has a puncher’s chance tonight.

Wisconsin keeps defying my hope and expectation that they will just get off my tv and go home already. My dreams tend to die, so I expect the Badgers to narrowly defeat the Shadow Pack, then get murdered by Florida (who rallies late to beat UConn by a point or two).

Since I haz the pre-sads, I bring the hard core emo to you:

Wufpacker
    Participant

LMFAO…you’re in rare form today I think.

You shoulda listened to me about Wiscy. Of course I had them falling in the F4 to Louisville, so then again maybe I just pulled that one outta my arse.

And finally, I suspect this is the real reason why BJD rarely gets any work done…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ok… almost time to play ball…

1. ANYBODY but GatorHoles… I don’t care… ANYBODY…

2. 2A. Might as well pull for the WildCats… as some how, some way if they win the NC…
    That might expedite the revolution in Indianapolis (or at least causes some changes at NBA headquarters)… and if that works out right…
    … it might be worth the aggravation of having to listen to “Genius” and “Calipari” in the same sentence a thousand times until next January…

3. 2B. That said… I’m kinda buying into the “Kevin Ollie” story… the new kid/underdog thing…
    … and maybe a NC gets Connecticutt an invite into the ACC… where they would be a ‘nice’ fit … imho…

4. As for the Basketsaurus Caso — Bo Rein — I just aint’ getting the feeling it’s going to be his weekend… and that big Polish kid looks goofy from here… needs some tan or a haircut or something….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    coyotejoe
    Participant

I am a frequent reader and infrequent poster, but has anyone been watching the pregame? All the fawning over how great Houston was from 82 to 84 is sickening…what did they win during that time span?…Nothing. (and also no mention of the Spud Webb Pack in 84, of which Houston is also very familiar)

They also mentioned how great UCLA was, of which there is no debate, but failed to mention who ended their reign.

And then they trot out Russell Wilson, calling him a proud Badger. At least Russell had the class to mention his time at NC State.

I may be a little thin-skinned about all of this, being a life-long Pack fan.

sigh……

BJD95
    Keymaster

There’s a reason I never watch pregame shows, especially CBS ones. Laziest narratives ever.

And yeah, it’s on TBS, but CBS is still a heavy part of things.

So much for the Gators being tight. Sheesh.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

UConn needed that TO. If things don’t turn around quickly, it will be time to start channel surfing.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^… as tight as a FLA coed at a Lake City / I-10 truck stop…

BJD95
    Keymaster

+ Lot Lizards

MLB Network on commercials. Because that be all’s we gots, fellas.

Spring sucks. Summer only gets worse.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… anybody catch the Zebra’s names…??

BJD95
    Keymaster

No names that I recognize, thank God.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… How come UConn has TWO point guards and we don’t have any.. ??

redcanine
    Participant

^neither does Kentucky.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I appreciate Patric’s devotion to the Talibeard meme.

BJD95
    Keymaster

KY has twin power. So will we, next season. I’m not saying we will make the Final Four, but with twin power all things are possible.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

At the Under12…Ollie’s got the GatorHoles calmed down a bit…
    but needs to crank his offense up a notch…

They doing the right things… just need to get the ball in the basket..

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

…Twin Power…

TheCOWDOG

F#%k point guards. Who needs ’em. The best ones don’t even play like “point guards”

Billy Donavon is the cat’s ass, man.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Billy’s got a helluva formula..

Play hard for about 8 – 10 minutes and coast for 30… and win 30 plus games a season..

BJD95
    Keymaster

I like Ollie, telling his guys to “come on, just play!”

BJD95
    Keymaster

A simple, yet effective bit of instruction. So it would seem, anyway. We’ve got a game!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

.. and what do you think about that!! Billy ??

BJD95
    Keymaster

Things that I will never, ever watch 101: MLB Network’s “Mad Dog” show. Unless they plan on setting that guy on fire.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Tracy Wolfson is terrible at her job. Plus, she doesn’t give me the feels like Kristine (or to a lesser extent, Allie).

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… in spite of the quality of the TV guys… I’m confused…

as an underdog… exactly how is the “slow pace” of the game hurting UConn…??

(serious question)

BJD95
    Keymaster

Nantz isn’t nearly as bad without Kellogg…but he still kinda sucks.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.