"Back to school…back to school…"

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk "Back to school…back to school…"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    packpowerfan
    Participant

“I got my lunch packed up…my boots tied tight…I hope I don’t get in a fight!”

I figured I would take a minute and reach out to the community. I’m returning to State this fall for a year-and-a-half foray to get a second degree before applying to law schools. I’m 26 now and graduated a couple years ago, so I’m not looking for a repeat of my first college experience. Though I’m sure I’ll enjoy returning to tailgating the like, I’m looking for other ways to be involved around campus to plump up my resume. Of course, this time around I’m not getting help from the family, nor am I able to take out enough in loans to cover me comfortably (not to mention I’m paying out-of-state tuition because I lived in VA for the past year). That means I’ll be working a good bit, plus the gf (fellow State alum) is a PA at Alamance Regional in Burlington; so travel days of course.

Just wondering if any other members out there are “repeat offenders”, and have some experience returning to school out of the traditional age bracket (18-22). I’ll welcome any suggestions, jokes, etc.

I will say this…it’s good to be back home, folks.

packpowerfan
    Participant

And yes…I feel like this:

NCSU88
    Participant

You will (should) find yourself much more focused and able to manage your time better. A little life experience goes a long way in higher education. At some point you will realize how much time you wasted as an undergrad and get angry at yourself. Enjoy the scenery.

highstick
    Participant

Dude, it was like “night and day” for me after I returned from the Army. My first two years in Aerospace were a disaster…I was not prepared because I never had to “hit a lick” in high school to get grades, therefore I didn’t have a clue about how to study and manage time. 4 years in the Army during the 66-70 time frame straightened my butt out and I was fortunate enough to have qualified to go through the Defense Language Institute for about a year in linguistic training, I figured out the “studying and time management issue”…Let’s see “do I study or do I want to live with rats, mortar attacks, the jungle, and the like”?

I did it after the Army, then worked for 3 years, then back to get my MBA which was also a good experience.

As for the jokes, when I left State after the spring semester of 65, we had one girl’s dorm that housed about 25 students…Came back in 70 and there were girls all over the place. I know the shock on my face must have been obvious the night that I took a coed back to her dorm after a date in my apartment and she said “do you want to come up to my room for a while”? Times had certainly changed!!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.