ASU Fired HWSNBN

Home Forums All StateFansNation ASU Fired HWSNBN

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

I guess that Herbie never taught the Sun whatevers to “chop” properly. He also seems to have only ONE defense….

I remember when folks asked him WHY he didn’t come up with a Junk Defense to shut JJ Redick down when he annihlated us in the ACC tourney…he said….

We NEVER practiced that.

Herbie…..wish you well…..

At least we did NOT fire you (but he did have I KNOW BB LF). And you gave them the last strands of your mane….did they appreciate that? NOPE….ungrateful critters….them Sun Whatevers….

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Anyone remember this? Who’s laughing now, Paola?

The Wolfpack send their regards.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Is Tennessee Herb’s next stop? Evidently they practice “The Woodchopper”.

http://www.stack.com/video/1851181914/university-of-tennessee-basketball-woodchopper/

Greywolf
    Participant

Some interesting comments following the article. One commenter referred to State as moo u.

The commenter was from UNC-CH

Greywolf
    Participant

I guess that Herbie never taught the Sun whatevers to “chop” properly. He also seems to have only ONE defense….

I remember when folks asked him WHY he didn’t come up with a Junk Defense to shut JJ Redick down when he annihlated us in the ACC tourney…he said….

We NEVER practiced that.

Herbie…..wish you well…..

At least we did NOT fire you (but he did have I KNOW BB LF). And you gave them the last strands of your mane….did they appreciate that? NOPE….ungrateful critters….them Sun Whatevers….

The ole TOB excuse. Or maybe Tom got it from Herbie.

ancsu87
    Participant

I like this article better

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2407667-herb-sendek-fired-by-arizona-state-latest-details-comments-reaction

Especially this:

We have a four-prong approach when it comes to evaluating all of our head coaches: integrity, academics, performance, and fan affinity advancement. Herb has been a true leader in the first two categories and his dedication to ensuring our student-athletes become successful young men has been unrivaled.

However, our athletics department, university and community expect our men’s basketball program to compete consistently for Pac-12 titles, make regular trips to the NCAA Tournament, keep the best in-state talent, and energize our fans and donors. Unfortunately, we have fallen short of these expectations.

MrPlywood
    Participant

…expect our men’s basketball program to compete consistently for Pac-12 titles, make regular trips to the NCAA Tournament, keep the best in-state talent, and energize our fans and donors.

What’s that? A results based program? Be still my heart. Oops, I mean, how could they do that to him?

Rick
    Keymaster

If Herb had either as hard at improving hit coaching as he did at sucking up to the big donors, then he might have been able to actually accomplish something. I remember the empty chair with the jersey ol Herbie had when Murphy’s mother passed. I would have been embarrassed to be that manipulative.
    That and his disdain for the average fan I’d why I never got the while ‘he’s a good guy crap’. IMO he was an egotistical jerk.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

He was a good guy if you were important to him.

Others, not so much, at least consistently.

44rules
    Participant

Read one article that compared HWSNBN’s results in the desert to their previous coaches. He compared very favorably in terms of winning percentage against Arizona and in getting the team to the NCAA tourney (Hard to believe that 2 out of 9 is improvement, but hey, we had 20 years in the desert post-V ourselves). But yeah, he’s never going to bring your team a title.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.