Anybody else taking a knee on the NFL?

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Anybody else taking a knee on the NFL?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    WolfBlood86
    Participant

It is disrespectful to the flag and to the nation. The flag and patriotism is all we have binding us together. If you think of yourself as black, African, white, Asian, Hispanic, LBGT or whatever BEFORE you think of yourself as an American, that’s part of the problem. Unfortunately that is exactly what the left wants to do, divide. Good on Trump for calling a spade a spade. MAGA!

Right… it’s the left trying to divide us. :-\ Not Trump bringing up protests at a rally to feed his backward base… Although nothing like an idiotic statement from Trump to actual UNITE people together against him! Maybe Trump is smarter than we thought. The Great Uniter!

freshmanin83
    Participant

A great show of unification. Some stayed in the locker room, most came out. Some kneeled, most did not. Some fans booed the disrespect, most did not. Some fans are not watching anymore, most are. Some players say the disrespect of the flag and the anthem are about one thing, some another.

Some need to slight others by saying they are backwards, some do not.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Except for watching Russell and his Hawks…
    I checked out on the NFL several years for various reasons, none of which were political…

As for the political side of things — it does seem to be expanding into new territories –, might I add a reminder to all?

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    And the king always dies from a death of 1000 knives.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    StateRed44
    Participant

It is disrespectful to the flag and to the nation. The flag and patriotism is all we have binding us together. If you think of yourself as black, African, white, Asian, Hispanic, LBGT or whatever BEFORE you think of yourself as an American, that’s part of the problem. Unfortunately that is exactly what the left wants to do, divide. Good on Trump for calling a spade a spade. MAGA!

Right… it’s the left trying to divide us. :-\ Not Trump bringing up protests at a rally to feed his backward base… Although nothing like an idiotic statement from Trump to actual UNITE people together against him! Maybe Trump is smarter than we thought. The Great Uniter!

The left is about nothing but identity politics. Wake up. Divide everyone into oppressed groups to rage against the patriarchy. So pathetic.

tractor57
    Participant

And the right is not???? Yes I am right leaning but both play the same game. I’m old enough to have had devotions and said the pledge every morning in school. I also was trained in how to properly treat the flag and was part of the group that raised and lowered the flag each day. So I’m not some “leftist” who knows nothing or doesn’t care. This has become the current “wedge issue” to take our minds away from more serious issues.

TheCOWDOG

I stand with the Kaepernickers, just to be clear.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I guess that means you stand over them these days then.

You also stand behind his anti-police “police are pigs” socks and agenda he sports?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.2774200.1472744986!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/49ers-camp-football.jpg

StateRed44
    Participant

Yeah, that’s kind of what Maxine Waters said. The weird thing is to kneel is an act of submission. So, it’s all very confusing and IMO not very well thought out. Especially when statistics argue against the protest.

And the right is not???? Yes I am right leaning but both play the same game. I’m old enough to have had devotions and said the pledge every morning in school. I also was trained in how to properly treat the flag and was part of the group that raised and lowered the flag each day. So I’m not some “leftist” who knows nothing or doesn’t care. This has become the current “wedge issue” to take our minds away from more serious issues.

I can agree it’s not a very serious issue. Mainly because these are essentially uneducated football and basketball knuckle head jocks. Just shut up and entertain me, or else it’s not worth it.

TheCOWDOG

“…to kneel is an act of submission.”

Well…not exactly. In the world of sport it is generally known as something one does when messages are being put forth. It is what I’d long ago brought up as an alternative to sitting.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Just now seeing local schools are supporting “taking a knee”. This country’s in a real backslide. Nothing is sacred anymore. No longer have to respect anything, including the law of the land, tremendous sacrifices made by military personal, the church. This disrespect is in fact encouraged.

Guess that’s just the way it is now. Nothing I can do as one person to change it. So it’s best to just accept what the country has become and the direction it’s headed. Anger and stressing about it is fruitless.

pakfanistan
    Participant
    rthomas44
    Participant

This is all due to “our president ” going down to Alabama and playing to his base… basement.

pakfanistan
    Participant
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

@pakfanistan, what would you guess is the biggest threat to a black man’s life? Do you think it’s the American Flag? Is it the police?

StateRed44
    Participant

This is all due to “our president ” going down to Alabama and playing to his base… basement.

how’s that?

StateRed44
    Participant

@pakfanistan, what would you guess is the biggest threat to a black man’s life? Do you think it’s the American Flag? Is it the police?

It doesn’t matter. These protestors are not logical in any sense.

pakfanistan
    Participant
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Keapernick started out sitting and the Keapernick’s showed a LEO badge and a slave catcher badge and indicated they were the same aLso indicated in a picture that an nfl franchise owner was like a slave owner. At least we know where you stand.

McCallum
    Participant

I believe the Trump statement in taking a knee started with “wouldn’t you like”.

Pretty tame stuff, media took it from there.

I absolutely love the racial angle being applied by the media. It falls nicely into the conventional wisdom on issues of race and that says “blacks innocent and good, whites oppressive and bad”. Everyday they grind that axe the more people have the veil pulled back.

But a look at race issues in South America:

http://takimag.com/article/looking_southward_costin_alamariu#axzz4tmIO0duF

Now we know only mighty whitey beats the race drum. An ex-president would never say “the police acted stupidly” without knowing the facts of the case.

McCallum

freshmanin83
    Participant

Inane comment must be repeated.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I absolutely love the racial angle being applied by the media.

Alt-right nazis who ran down a woman = fine people
    Mostly black athletes kneeling for the national anthem = sons of bitches

Nothing racial there.

StateRed44
    Participant

I absolutely love the racial angle being applied by the media.

Nothing racial there.

Thats not what was said and you know it. Such bullcrap, typical. Publish the quote!

The left will tell you they want not equality of opportunity but equality of outcome. Thats fantasy island. Not gonna ever happen, so here we will sit with continuous mostly black outrage stoked by media and leftist agitators. Thanks idiots!

McCallum
    Participant

Nothing racial there.

Thank you for proving my point. I like how you shifted words to change what was said and what was meant.

What did Heather Heyer die from pakfanistan? I don’t know and assuming might be an error. You say she was “run down” and I’m asking you prove it. Her mother said she died from a heart attack.

Let’s look at the narrative if you have the time.

McCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Respect must be earned? Sounds good, I’ll just create my own cockamamie protest.. I’m going to choose to protest the NFL by not acknowledging black history month. Acknowledging black history month must be earned!

See, I too can string together words that don’t add up to any sort of logical reasoning while being overtly obtuse as well!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

What’s sad (and concerning) is this guy is 100% fully buying into it. They really do believe it. They believe America doesn’t deserve respect because there are a tiny fraction of a percentage of police who are either bad at their job or made a mistake. It is stated clearly right here in this thread for the world to see.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.