And The Moneyline Says:

Home Forums StateFans Football And The Moneyline Says:

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

State opens prohibitively in everybody’s favorite carnival town of W-S.

State -351
    WF +309

Those needing explanation should note that this means I shell out $351.00 to make a C-note. Those choosing the opposition, would turn over $100.00 to clear $309.00.

Now…I have been asked to not use this site as a platform for illegal activities. I shall abide.

However, those wishing to take the rest of the year challenge can easily find me in the white van…down by the river.

On a side note, for those who read along, Gallaspy has been demoted and Nickols reinstalled as #2 on the depth chart for Sat. H.Jones returns to SS.

(Oh. State is an 8.5 fave)

Heelh8r
    Participant

Great news on Hakim. I never heard what his injury was.
    Nickols has showed nice promise. I had not realized Gallaspy had passed him on the depth chart until after the VT game. I hope they both see some action, but I am sure they both still have a lot to learn.

I am going to pass on the challenge, but I hope you make enough money to fill the back of that white van to the brim

TheCOWDOG

^
    Thank you, Heelh8r. I’ve been moving some of the hoors to higher ground in anticipation of the stacks of cash.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

You don’t mean Deep River, do ya? The Old Man….

Texpack
    Participant

Based on our recent performances in W-S, I will be bringing you $3k to place on the evil Baptists if I can find your van.

TheCOWDOG

3k will go a long way, Tex. Take a left at the big Chestnut Oak, look for the girls’ laundry line, and yur almost there.

Wolfanatic
    Participant
    Wufpacker
    Participant

tjfoose1
    Participant

Thanks for the info, CD. Good to hear about Jones, not unexpected about Gallaspy. It appeared fumbling is what got Nickols demoted. Let’s hope that’s been resolved.

Rick
    Keymaster

What is your rest of the year bet? Is that on whether the team will make the ten wins you predicted?

TheCOWDOG

Actually Rick, I said, and I quote,” I would not be surprised if they won 11.Nor would I be surprised if they win 10…or 9.”

As for the rest of the season,it was a moneyline challenge to the “less than optimistic,” to go ahead and put the dough where the flapper is. Take the opposition the rest of the way out, and I will come out ahead.

Rick
    Keymaster

Actually Rick, I said, and I quote,” I would not be surprised if they won 11.Nor would I be surprised if they win 10…or 9.”

As for the rest of the season,it was a moneyline challenge to the “less than optimistic,” to go ahead and put the dough where the flapper is. Take the opposition the rest of the way out, and I will come out ahead.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
    I am not 100% sure we hit the 8 wins I thought we would but I would never bet against my Pack.

Rick
    Keymaster

Sorry to be pedantic, but I knew I remembered this:

10/03/2015 at 4:20 PM #89822 Edit | Move | Split | Trash | Spam | Reply | Quote
    TheCOWDOG
    Participant
    (108.203.6.113)

I’m sticking with 10.
    And for better, or worse, I DO think for myself….

TheCOWDOG

Yeah? So what? Find the preseason takes.

You say pendantic, I say OCD. No biggie.

AsheWolf
    Participant

That was posted at 4:20 pm, so it doesn’t really count. Dude.

TheCOWDOG

LOL 4:20.

I’m pissed. Peeps be jumping on the Pack.

+320

Wufpacker
    Participant

As a general rule, I try to avoid gambling.
    Can’t afford the possible hit in druggin’, drinkin’ and hooker money.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Hope you’re right, CD. Discounting Shad, everything is about as I expected this season, except for the passing game. No way did I see what 2015 brought in that regard. But that’s a big miss.

Unless and until it regains its effectiveness, I see struggles every game and none worthy of those odds. In fact, if the passing game continues to be what we’ve seen the past two games, the ‘Pack would be lucky just to log 2 more wins.

VT recognized it and soon went to stacking the line with their signature high pressure defense. The Wolfpack was never able to counter with a legitimate consistent passing threat.

I’m hoping it was just a wet ball, but I doubt it’s that simple, or likewise rectified. Whatever it was, hopefully 14 days was long enough to resolve it.

TheCOWDOG

‘foose you know as well as I that our early takes were based on:

A. What we saw, even in losses from last year.
    B. What we saw in wins from last year.
    C.The assumption that 5/6 guys would get better.

Well…Shad went bye-bye, Ramos,Barr(when playing) and the surprise Stevens at corner, Boone at WS, are the only ones showing that grade improvement. THUS FAR! JB ain’t right, Fernandez is now about to be replaced by Sahlahudin, Tocho and J Jones have lost their jobs, and McKeever is still over in Chapel freakin’ Hill.

Did I leave anything out?

Still. I see it.

Hines and Gallaspy need to grow up…Now.

Heelh8r
    Participant

That sums it up good as anything I’ve seen. Yes, one more thing, get Grinnage & Samuels the ball…a lot

Wufpacker
    Participant

That sums it up good as anything I’ve seen. Yes, one more thing, get Grinnage & Samuels the ball…a lot

+1

Adventuroo
    Participant

CD, et. al.
    In all seriousness, this has been an informative thread. Thanks for the comments and insight and opinions.

After I digested it all and told my wife the odds and the 8.5 Plus margin, she brought Reality back….

“We’re DOOMED” was her comment….and those that are of the “Many WF Players have Career High Performances in Win over NCSU”, I do fear that she is correct.

I thought that PR and RW were going to pull it off on Sunday….but did not.

I THINK we will win, but would not be surprised to see OT…

Sure hope that Coach Dave revisits his first Speech…first game. That was epic and we need to rekindle that spirit.

Will be there….

tjfoose1
    Participant

That’s a good summary, CD. I was surprised Boone didn’t get more reps in Blacksburg when he came in for Pratt w Josh Jones still at SS. He seemed to settle things down. My VT friend who I went up with asked about McKeever himself. I told him I didn’t know what was up with him this year. Still don’t. Stevens has been a nice surprise after replacing Tocho after, game 2, I think it was. I had thought it a tactic at the time, and maybe it was, just to get Tocho refocused. I wonder if Tocho knows of Wally Pipp.

I had thoughts after VT that maybe Canada could be added to such a list. You know I’m a big fan, but he’s been a tad predictable lately. But he gets a pass and the benefit of the doubt from me, for now, for some of the other names on that list might be more of a restricting function of the ills than the play calling.

Still hoping you’re right. I’m hopefully optimistic, but guardedly concerned. The BYE week couldn’t have come at a better time. Show me something, boys.

redisgood
    Participant

What the heck has happened to Grinnage? I honestly thought he had the makings of a star, and showed flashes of it last year. 5 catches thus far. Is it him, the play calling, JB, all three or something else?

TheCOWDOG

Oh, my.

State -400
    WF+ 320

Somebody must see Grinnage dragging over the middle on all those deeper arrow outs…
    Hope it turns out to be JB.

State moves to -10 for spread peeps.

Samuels needs a defense concentrating on someone other than him. That’s no knock. He’s a helluva nice player, but stealth is his strength.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.