And now from Charlotte

Home Forums All StateFansNation And now from Charlotte

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    McCallum
    Participant

Methinks the mayor had better clear the streets and forget about equality.

McCallum

tractor57
    Participant

I have no issue with protests – I do have an issue with looting. Seems like the 1960’s all over (odd since this has been declared the post racial era).

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

it’s a me, me, me or I, I, I society. That’s the problem. Individual liberties are out of control. I saw a video a little while ago where a white male was getting the $hit beat out of him in a parking deck by many black males in Charlotte. It will get worse before it gets better. I’m actually afraid we will never recover.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I’ve always been big into conspiracy theories and I truly believe their is a branch or department of the government that fuels race wars. Call me crazy. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Rick
    Keymaster

This crap is why I started CCW.

pakfanistan
    Participant
    choppack1
    Participant

Post not found paki.

I have to hand it to Rivera and Cam the way they are handling.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Post not found paki.

I have to hand it to Rivera and Cam the way they are handling.

Doh, I was missing a 7.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/a-night-of-tear-gas-and-chaos-in-charlotte-1786933107

john of sparta
    Participant

Charlotte is “all growed up” now, just like the other big US cities.

Fastback68
    Participant

If a single hand even touches the handle of Price’s Chicken after hours, that means war, full metal jacket war. I don’t care if it’s Santa.

McCallum
    Participant

The funny thing in all this is that the Charoltte Observer has disabled the comments section online. I would have loved to have seen the comments.

McCallum

pakfanistan
    Participant

The funny thing in all this is that the Charoltte Observer has disabled the comments section online. I would have loved to have seen the comments.

McCallum

If it’s anything like WRAL, probably just a bunch of racist BS.

pakfanistan
    Participant

tractor57
    Participant

Do you really think any comments are wanted? Mostly would be drivel for one view or the other. Here on the other hand we have have been able to actually discuss. I do see some issues that should be addressed (maybe not this incident but yes some issues). Good that we can have a discussion rather than a riot.

McCallum
    Participant

My this world has some fragile lil flowers in it.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

Maybe the BBC can provide the Twitter video of the white guy in the parking deck whose parents didn’t give him the “talk” John Derbyshire described so well.

Fragile lil flowers.

McCallum

Adventuroo
    Participant

FWIW,

If you follow the link, you will find an interesting factoid about the Charlotte Riots. They are being organized and funded by George Soros. This is the same individual that supported the riots in Ferguson.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-22/who-behind-riots-charlotte-police-says-70-arrested-protesters-had-out-state-ids

Lest you think that this individual, who is a multi-Billionaire, is doing it for phalantrophic purposes, in case you ware not aware, he is the king of Hedge Fund Managers (owners). He make money by hedging or betting on things. SO, by keeping the SAME individuals who are so beholden to him and their peers in POWER, he can still manipulate certain “items” or have control of certain markets or has advanced information about certain policies that will disrupt or influence the financial (bonds, currencies, international, stock, etc.) markets. He then “makes investments” and builds his empire. NOW, do doubt, he DOES believe in his causes. BUT, since he is a major (perhaps the largest) donor to the DNC and the DNC Candidates, he DOES have a whole lot to gain by keeping the BASE stirred up and also keeping them voting the party line.

Do some googling….

Last night, one of the anchors asked the on scene reporter WHERE the protestors “Came From” as in are they local or what. He could name (this was on XM and not watching) them by “hair color” and had been told which city they were from or out of state.

TO the credit of SOME of the community leaders last night, they actually came out in force (they were wearing special arm bands or ribbons or “colors” that “MARKED them as religious and community leaders”. When some of the paid or really disruptive (the smell of Booze and Pot was heavy in the area) folks got in the face of the NG and Police or started to aig the crowd on, THEY stepped in and calmed them down. At LEAST they understood what was happening and tried to keep the Charlotte populance from being manipulated like puppets.

EOR.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I have no issue with protests – I do have an issue with looting.

My this world has some fragile lil flowers in it.

McCallum

This (this’s…theses?)
    Plus we got a gas crunch. Not sure if it extends out to you fine folks or not, but pipeline failz makes it ’73 all over again here in the sticks.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

he [George Soros] is a major (perhaps the largest) donor to the DNC and the DNC Candidates,

While this is true…. it might be worth repeating….

One of Soros’s “hedge funds” forgave a $300 Million Dollar Loan to one of Trump’s real estate deals….

from down here… that’s playing both sides of street against the middle…. for a potential profit…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Adventuroo
    Participant

Yes, it does. I have seen “more moons” than perhaps the average SFN Poster. I remember wanting to “see what was happening” in 1968 when the MLK riots took place in Raleigh. Went to DT and headed to the “fire” on South Wilmington street. We noticed fireman standing behind the trucks and a cop told us in an Expletive Laced COMMAND (which we followed) to GET OUT OF HERE….they were under sniper fire. I had a Corvair. I executed a roadturn. It is rumored that Rick Hendrick’s drivers use my exit as a training film for leaving the pits.

I remember the lockdown that followed and meeting students on campus that were spooked and were “carrying” for protection as they had to drive back and forth to campus.

I remember the 73 gas crisis…..since I had a big old whopping Chrysler Town and Country with a 440 CID and 4 BBL Carter AFB on it. It was NOT your Prius.

I also remember the Watts LA riots and the King Riots. I had to drive through some of the burned out sections at midnight to get to my hotel in a rental car and wondering “What am I doing here…?).

I guess that Charlotte makes this even seem even more “frightening”. I travel in a MH with my grandkids. I shudder to think what would have happened had I been stuck on I-85 the other night when the rioters (Protester is NOT the correct term) were vandalizing cars and throwing rocks off the Bridges…

Look at the videos (WRAL and the N&O did NOT show them or reference them) of the families that went to the ER for broken glass when their SUV’s were pelted and the glasses broken. That was MASS VIOLENCE….

The politicians of the mindset…”Let them get it out of their system” and tell the police (as it was done in Baltimore and Ferguson) to BACK OFF, to me, are just setting dangerous precedents. Unruly RIOTERS, like unruly children, will test the limits…

tractor57
    Participant

I support demonstrations but I do not support rioting. That is a black line for me. Glad I’m a couple hours away from the mess …

pakfanistan
    Participant
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK — B’rer ‘Roo…

Summer of ’68 — the summer that America burned…

by 1971, everything was back to ‘normal’ right…

what “real” difference did that make…
    what makes and why should anybody who knows a modicum of history think – that’s the operative word here – this time and this place will be any different ???

Most People need to understand both then and now are little battles in the “War that Never Ended”…

I’m sure you’re not one of those, and neither one of us will see the End.

It was f’d up in the beginning, we’ve (the country, not me and you) have had chances to do something but didn’t…
    yada, yada, yada…almost 200 yrs later, it’s still f’d up…. granted for different reasons, perhaps….

Pray for a week of steady rain in Charlotte….
    that will do more good than all the politicians …

And that said, what I really want to know, is whothehelliswriting all these STUPIDDUMBA$$comments coming out of the mouths of NC Republican elected officials ??? Fellas, that’s really what we need, right now.

Damn.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Police estimate that 70% of those that have been arrested in Charlotte during this time of civil unrest have out of State I.D.’s

StateRed44
    Participant

How do you support “demonstrations” when people are in the middle of the street halting civilization? Violence or not this is criminal activity.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.