AFC/NFC Championship Sunday

Home Forums StateFans Football AFC/NFC Championship Sunday

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Fastback68
    Participant

Old man winter kept the Cards at home and allowed us to acquire the 2 adjacent seats so the kids could go. So many awesome plays. Run 80 yards for a 20 yard td, Brown 86 yards, Cam on third and 10, he destroyed that last defender and on and on. The crowd cheering when the Pats flamed out with Brady crying was sweet as well. Bradshaw’s loaded question to Cam. Great day all around.

the_phisherman
    Participant

I think that the team that wins the Super Bowl will be the team whose offensive line can protect their quarterback the best.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Perhaps, but Cam has been used as a weapon in this offense all season long. So you have to attack him differently. They design quick hitting runs for him, use him in misdirections and counters, and he of course can scramble like no other. He’s very difficult to bring down even when you get to him.

The Panther offense can also run the rock – tops in the league. And if the pressure is too hot, there’s plenty of tape showing quick throws. Olsen is a very tough cover at TE.

Put it this way – I like the Panthers odds at scoring points on the Broncos than the Broncos odds at scoring on the Panthers. Peyton is going to be in some major trouble as he has zero ability to escape. It wasn’t like they moved it well against the Steelers or Pats. And the Panthers are worlds better than both of those units on D.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Perhaps, but Cam has been used as a weapon in this offense all season long. So you have to attack him differently. They design quick hitting runs for him, use him in misdirections and counters, and he of course can scramble like no other. He’s very difficult to bring down even when you get to him.

The Panther offense can also run the rock – tops in the league. And if the pressure is too hot, there’s plenty of tape showing quick throws. Olsen is a very tough cover at TE.

Put it this way – I like the Panthers odds at scoring points on the Broncos than the Broncos odds at scoring on the Panthers. Peyton is going to be in some major trouble as he has zero ability to escape. It wasn’t like they moved it well against the Steelers or Pats. And the Panthers are worlds better than both of those units on D.

I’m very, very glad Wade has the extra week to draw stuff up.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

So after hearing bits and pieces from ESPN and sports radio it seems like folks are already crowning the Panthers… reminiscent of the 83 Houston team anyone?

I did hear on the radio that Cam is the top QB in the league against the blitz, although they didn’t elaborate on how they defined that metric, but makes me feel a little bit better against that Denver D.

Thomas Davis potentially out or playing with a broken arm is a HUUUUGE blow to our D too though. He’s one of those guys who’s involved in seemingly every play.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I did hear on the radio that Cam is the top QB in the league against the blitz, although they didn’t elaborate on how they defined that metric, but makes me feel a little bit better against that Denver D.

Yes, Newton has been phenomenal against the blitz. They keep track of it. He’s improved tenfold there, and he can hit the deep threat.

Panthers have to be the clear favorite going in but all that matters is what happens on gameday. Both teams will be ready. Don’t expect any letup from Cam – he was built for this moment. And Thomas Davis is going to play – book it.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

This is the start of the worst two weeks of the year to watch SportsCenter. They stretch a total of about 30 minutes of worth-while news into several hours EVERY DAY.

I didn’t get to see the Broncos play all that much this year, but that was really impressive defensive performance yesterday. And speaking of impressive, Carolina did pretty much whatever they wanted to do on offense.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wade Phillips (Denver’s DC) seriously gets my COY vote. He’s been AMAZING. It’s the best work I’ve seen by a coordinator on any level that I can remember.

choppack1
    Participant

Idk – we will see. He has a great secondary, good linebackers, solid dl…IMHO, panthers DC did well yesterday. I have to believe advantage panthers. Davis being hindered is huge. Peyton will be throwing lots of short routes…to minimize pressure.

Panthers have the most difficult run offense to defend in the league. If they can run effectively game over.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Reports are that Davis should be ready to play. Rivera said today it is the sort of injury you can play with. The guy is an animal – he’s not going to miss this opportunity for the world after what he’s been through.

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.