ACC Weekly Update (1-8)

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC Weekly Update (1-8)

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

In the BB Press Module — there is a “Pending” folder for items awaiting a moderator’s review and approval…
    The first attempt was a New Topic — “The World We Live In… Aint The World We Grew Up In…”
    The second was as a comment on this Topic…

-byob…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

The only thing in the “pending” folder that I found was something from an ECU fan from several years ago. I found two spam folders, I’ll look again for a second pending folder.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Variations in RPI calcs.

I plotted CBS and ESPN’s RPI rankings to see how much difference there is between the two.

http://www.statefansnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/RPI-Ranking-Comparison.jpg

It’s a shame that State’s is one of the rankings with a large discrepancy…but for now, whatever ESPN has won’t affect our projections and conclusions.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Watch out NCSU RPI 75 and 2-2 in the ACC with quality wins.

Texpack
    Participant

Very nice write up as always. I have no illusions that there will be any mystery for the Pack come selection Sunday, but hay we can always let it play out and see what happens.

choppack1
    Participant

Everything I know about the bubble I learned from Vawolf. Sadly, because I am a state fan I have had to learn a lot.

choppack1
    Participant

I think our RPI will improve tomorrow even with a loss.

I am thinking our “magic” number right now is 8 or 9. I think if we do that, we will have a bubblelicious RPI and lots of key wins that the NCAA likes. We need some little things like some of those cupcakes we played being better than they were the year before. Arizona, Penn State, UT and UNI remaining good would help too….but one of them will obviously need to faulter.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Watch out NCSU RPI 75 and 2-2 in the ACC with quality wins.

Don’t laugh…We are WAAAY ahead of Indiana…hehe

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Here’s a question on our Rpi- if we assume we go 10 and 8 in the Acc and have wins versus maybe 2 more ranked teams, is there any way our Rpi can go down? Our schedule strength over the season can only improve as weak ooc games get weighted less by stronger conference games, right?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Around the ACC today…

Tiggers beat ‘Canes by 9 at home…
    Noles over ‘Cuse by 11 in 2 OTs at home…
    Da’Ville over ‘Hokies by 8 at home…

GaTech over Pitt by 15 on the road…

Home Teams 3 – 1
    avg margin of victory == 8.5pts…

The obvious point being that every game in the ACC is a tough game
    and it helps a whole lot to play at home…

And just for fun… may I suggest “RPI don’t mean sh#t in ACC games” ???
    —————-

And in the nightcap….
    Those HOLES from Orange County Community College are struggling against the Irish up in South Bend up only 3 at the half …

Here’s hoping the Irish can hold to the form…

—————–

Keatts’ Wolfpack tips off in Charlottesville shortly after 6pm tomorrow…
    GO PACK!!!
    POP!!!!

choppack1
    Participant

Wolfmanmat – I’d we do that NY entirely uneducated guess us that we’d have a Top 50 RPI

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

HOLES pull one out of their a$$es…

Uncle Roy crying like a baby in the post game…

GO PACK!

POP!!!

Texpack
    Participant

Wolfmanmat – I’d we do that NY entirely uneducated guess us that we’d have a Top 50 RPI

8-9 wins probably not enough. We’d have to get to 10 with a couple of biggies. I just don’t see the consistency yet. We have done better in the half court this week but that trend has to continue.

ryebread
    Participant

The OCC schedule was so soft that we really cannot have enough conference wins (meaning instead of targeting a number, go win them all). In reality the number we need to win really depends on who we beat and who we lose to. Because of the non-conference and the 3 losses, we would seemingly need to make 9-9 to pass the “eye test” but I think if we can get a few more good wins (tomorrow would be absolutely huge) while not having any bad losses (GT, Pitt or WF), we might make it in depending on how the ACC tournament goes.

That’s a lot of “ifs.” We should take one game at a time, strive to be better game to game and throughout the game. Next year we should improve the nonconference slate.

choppack1
    Participant

Texpack – when I say 8 or 9 I mean that many wins with our remaining games (including ACC tournament). That should get us in the tournament. I think we’d have to at least finish 9-9 and win a tournament game. In theory that number would also allow us to go 8-10 and reach the ACC tournament finals (and lose) as well.

But if we can 9 of our next 17 games, I think we dance. #cartwaybeforehorse.

tractor57
    Participant

For what its worth I am enjoying seeing this years Pack grow. Likely they will not meet my goal (always a natty) but they have proved to be an interesting bunch.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Agreed. I like wathing our team play.

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.