ACC Recap and Analysis

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC Recap and Analysis

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    redisgood
    Participant

Just to change up the MO…

Coach Gott took the team over to the Dome last night for a shoot around…

Maybe that will exorcize some demons, calm some nerves or something … maybe not… can’t hurt…

If would have let somebody know what he was up to…
    I’m sure the Ghosts on the South Smoking Porch would have loved to go along with ‘em…

If nothing else maybe it will be a small distraction for the some Holes…

Did Ollie get on Beejay’s shoulders and measure the height of the rim?

BJD95
    Keymaster

No way the acc allows us to win this game.

This legitimately worries me.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

‘Wolves on the hunt’ game thread is up dudes and dudettes.

Screw Greensboro and the cabal and the ‘good ol holes’ network. Let’s do this.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

This is a pretty cool look at relevant committee selection information by Jerry Palm – team sheets.

I think Palm can be a little off on his predictions, but he acknowledges that his picks are as subjective as each committee members’.

Team sheets: http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/MBB_RPI/MBBTeam.pdf

NC State is page 52

choppack1
    Participant

Bjd – the screwjobs in 2013 (acc semifinal game) and last year were 1972 Olympic men’s basketball level…horribly unfair.

Like a crooked boxing match – we have to knock them out…. If it comes down to a decision, in the immortal words of bobby Knight..”lay back and enjoy it.”

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

redisgood
    Participant

^ Did you have to do that? I was trying to remain calm for tonight’s game, but after seeing those calls again, I want blood!!!

MP
    Participant

^^ Totally consistent with the tendencies of each team as studied prior to the games, I’m sure. We should be afraid.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Updated Espn Bubble Watch

NC State [16-11 (7-7), RPI: 48, SOS: 3] Following a massive road win at Louisville Feb. 14 — a win that turbo-boosted the Wolfpack’s bubble prospectus more than any win for any bubble team this season — Mark Gottfried’s team got to take a leisurely week off before a leisurely home game against Virginia Tech. That 69-53 victory sets up another massive road adventure Tuesday night. Make no mistake: As good as the Louisville win was, it was almost necessary, because the rest of this resume (save a home win over Duke) looks pretty weak. This is still very much a bubble team. If the bracket were seeded today, we’d like its odds — but that’s all we’d be talking about. Not guarantees. If the Pack can somehow pull off a win at UNC on Tuesday night, another perceptual adjustment will be in order.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

From wufpup’s linked Jerry Palm article:

Conference records/standings. Neither appears. Teams are being judged on their entire seasons, not their conference seasons. The only conference-specific data that appears is the strength of schedule within the conference.

If this is true, then it is certainly new. There are a number of past instances where losing conference records are the only thing that stands out. One season in particular stands out to me, when a bubbly UMD (with GW) beat Duke twice but didn’t make the NCAAT.

Fastback68
    Participant

Check out the remaining schedules for Louisville, Cuse and UNX. State has a legit shot at the 4th seed.

UNX at Miami, At GT, Duke Louisville at FSU, ND, UVA Cuse at Duke, UVA, At STATE

Beat Roy twice State

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

One more thing about conference standings….

There have been a number of mid-majors the last several years left out of the NCAAT with as many as good wins as State had last year. In general, those teams have nothing else to brag about and are somewhere in the middle of the typical, relatively weak, mid-major. So if conference standings don’t really matter, the Selection Committee has sure fooled me.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Yeah, I think perception and how you finish are being downplayed by some.

Gott’s year 1 and year 3 squads both finished well and made noise in the ACC Tourament … Teams may be judged on ‘overall’ performance, but I’m convinced the way State finished those two seasons had an impact.

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.