ACC Recap and Analysis

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC Recap and Analysis

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

The more I think about it, the worse I feel. Then again, you know I’m a pessimist.

Understandable, being a Wolfpack fan could turn sunshine into an eternal pessimist.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

If you need something to take your mind off of our annual Chapel Hill horror show, consider the following:

Would you buy State’s stock right now, or Louisville’s?

I’m picking State’s all day on that one. Louisville looking awful once again tonight. The only real positive they’ve got going for them (overall) is the fact that they’re a lock for the Tournament. That’s it though. Kinda reminiscent of HWSNBN’s last season at State. Decent to good start, lock for the tournament, but abysmal February culminating in consecutive blowout losses to last place Wake Forest, a 10-seed when they could’ve been a 3-seed, and a second round blowout loss to Texas when HWSNBN had already quit on the team (go Sun Devils!).

Of course, Louisville has a better coach and their circumstances are lot different than that State team’s.

Wufpacker
    Participant

‘Ville definitely discombobulated right now. Trying to find a new identity and pull out of a nose dive at the same time.

Not an easy task.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

I’m probably one of the few on here who think Kyle Washington should be playing a lot more,

I like KW’s offense, but there have been games where I’ve really tried to discern how our team plays defensively, and what I saw from KW was disheartening to say the least. It was like watching an old western where the bad guy just walks through the saloon doors, nay, kicks them open (KW being the door). And his rebounding was only okay, added to the fact that once he corrals a rebound, he wields the ball around so wildly, I actually wince every time. But he’s a pure stud on offense, that’s for sure.

BassPacker
    Participant

Louisville is playing as bad as they look. Those uni’s make them look like a girls swim team in the 1920’s. Not sure what to expect from Pack tomorrow nite at the Hill. Its a must win as they come to have a shot at NCAA. Lose to Cheats and even go 3-1 finish, then one early in Acc, NIT here we come. I don’t see us going with 19-13 unless we win the ACC Tournament. I’m already tired of the DES legacy crap. Yes, he did great things specially with race in college basketball but he did things that put athletics ahead of academics which changed the playing field over at the Hill. I hope we destroy them in the Dean Dome. Probably won’t but heres to hope.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^^KW could turn into an All-ACC type player if he added some discipline to his game.

Turn and box out instead of going for a 10% chance of a blocked shot (usually attempted on a low percentage shot that’s not going in). He’d probably be averaging 10 rebs/game if he simply did that one thing.

Take better shots and play within himself and within the offense and he could be an efficiency monster on FG% and assists.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, of course.

BJD95
    Keymaster

What better way to honor the legacy of DES than to have our DES (Des Lee) annihilate Paige on defense for 15 hard minutes before fouling out? Do that, and we take him out of rhythm, and thusly have a real puncher’s chance.

Play it all vanilla, and JP and the goofy Hole beat writer can go ahead and file their stories early.

BJD95
    Keymaster

And quit saying KW. ANGEL OF DEATH. If one must abbreviate, AoD will do.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Lville is in a free fall. Cards are burnt toast.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We lit the match that started the burning of said toast. That’s something, damn it.

It’s also neat that we match up so very well with what I think is clearly the 2nd best team in the country (Duke). I think we would beat them at least 3 or 4 times out of 10 on a neutral floor, with reasonably fair officiating.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

And quit saying KW. ANGEL OF DEATH. If one must abbreviate, AoD will do.

Haha, well I certainly hope he is the Angel of Death for those who cheat tomorrow night.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Louisville-GT has actually turned into an entertaining game. Some intensity showed up out of nowhere.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Game keys. Get physical with their bigs. They’re skilled and long but they’re also soft. Don’t think this is a game for frenchie, who I like. We need to attack their bigs on offense. Cat need to be cat and do what he do. Match or dominate Paige. Turner and lacy must have good shot selection, and we could use big games from the twins.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I don’t know which is more painful…

Watching the last two minutes of GaTech and Louisville or the stomach flu I’ve had all day….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Wow. It’s almost impossible to not feel bad for Georgia Tech this season.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wow. It’s almost impossible to not feel bad for Georgia Tech this season.

It’s the kind of team that goes on an angry, random run to the ACCT semis as revenge.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Yea, Tech blows another one. For as good of a player as Georges-Hunt is, he sure does make some bonehead plays at the end. There’s got to be a new coach there next year.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yea, Tech blows another one. For as good of a player as Georges-Hunt is, he sure does make some bonehead plays at the end. There’s got to be a new coach there next year.

I think they should hire Snoop Dogg just so his kid would go there. And to entertain me.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I think they should hire Snoop Dogg just so his kid would go there. And to entertain me.

I haven’t seen ‘Snoop & Son’ any at all, but I know that it is airing on at least one Espn network almost 24/7. I don’t know if I could take Snoop & Son in the ACC.

Saw this linked on PP about Chris Jones.

I’m guessing this was just the last straw? He apparently sent a threatening text to a female acquaintance, but this was after she was at his apartment and trashed his place. He’s the only one in trouble in this incident though, it seems. Hell, who knows what’s going on with that type of crap.

No wonder Pitino + Louisville are just saying ‘No comment’.

13OT
    Participant

Georgia Tech basketball has become the Rambling Train Wreck. No team in the ACC gets less out of their players than the Yellow Jackets, period.

I wonder if Tech fans miss Paul Hewitt yet?

BassPacker
    Participant

I’ve watched some of Snoop and Son. Not a bad show. Snoop is hard on his son at times and sets the family life you would not expect from a gansta pot head rapper persona father. Snoop Dog son verbally committed to Duke before signing with UCLA. Kid Dog was a top WR at a high dollar Catholic prep school in Vegas. That school looks more like a DII school than high school. Their staduim is bigger than App St and maybe even Duke.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Georgia Tech basketball has become the Rambling Train Wreck.

The last two minutes last night was the worst case of the “yips” I’ve seen for anyone not playing on bentgrass…

If they had been playing the Patriots… some body would have claimed they “greased the ball”…

Texpack
    Participant

I’ve been feeling this one for some reason. I am also a pessimist by nature but I keep hearing Rock The Casbah playing from the Owen Underground after The Nose got us back in that game with a double technical just before the half. Can’t wait for tipoff.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Just to change up the MO…

Coach Gott took the team over to the Dome last night for a shoot around…

Maybe that will exorcize some demons, calm some nerves or something … maybe not… can’t hurt…

If would have let somebody know what he was up to…
    I’m sure the Ghosts on the South Smoking Porch would have loved to go along with ’em…

If nothing else maybe it will be a small distraction for the some Holes…

choppack1
    Participant

No way the acc allows us to win this game.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.