ACC basketball a fraud?

Home Forums StateFans Basketball ACC basketball a fraud?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    JeremyH
    Participant

You betcha. At least these folks think so:
    http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/3/21/15005432/acc-basketball-overrated-2017-ncaa-tournament

So what happened?

UVA lacked offensive punch this year.
    Notre Dame ran into the buzzsaw that is Press Virginia.
    Duke getting a reputation now for being vulnerable in the first weekend.
    And so on, what did I leave out? What happened to the 2nd Place ACC team FSU?

TheCOWDOG

Hah! Just showed this post to my Arizona hosts. They are laughing their asses off…Even the women.

** Most are BIG and, West Coastie in origin.

highstick
    Participant

The fraud exists with the ACC Commish!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Greywolf
    Participant

Just about as much of a fraud as BIG football.

PackofMac
    Participant

News to who sbnation? All season, with the exception of unsux, one team looked great one weekend then looks like shat the next. Happened all season to virtually every team in the league. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ryebread
    Participant

The league wasn’t good this year. The tournament has kind of born that out, though a couple of bad performances have made it look worse than it was. It makes the egg we laid look even more disappointing.

GoldenChain
    Participant

I’ve already said my piece about HB2 so I’ll take a pass and say that I think the conference is good but had a bad weekend for sure (you left out Louisville). I think there’s more parity than ever and you just think because you’re a 5 playing a 12 (or whatever) that its a ‘pass’ like it was 20 years ago.
    I would be a little surprised if unx wins (and I was sure pulling for the Razorbacks to beat ’em and they almost did). When they are hitting on all cylinders they are the best team around, problem is they don’t play that was for any sustained stretches. Arkansas could have and should have beat them. When they aren’t playing their best they’re mortal.

TheCOWDOG

Adventuroo…Cease with your sidetracking, dammit. You were given your very own thread.

Bring it back to the top if you wish.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Conference not good this year, at all. When Coach Marshall mentioned all the bad ball played in the Power 5’s, he should’ve just said the ACC and NC State.

StateRed44
    Participant

I don’t think so. Matchups and parity were the main thing. Every one of the remaining teams I could see getting a Natty. When there are teams full of freshmen who are supposed to be the best players in the country, this can happen. Sindarious Thornwell is probably the best player left in the field and not even in the conversation nationally for any award.

rthomas44
    Participant

This is COLLEGE BASKETBALL, duh ! The acc can’t dominant every year and win it all, all the time. I still enjoy it, even when it’s not local ball. Go Butler!!

gso packbacker
    Participant

No denying that the ACC has completely screwed the pooch this year. Everyone gets a turn leading this parade eventually, and I am sure that the Big12 is glad NOT to have the honor again this year. Sorry, but a P5 conference with a team that has 13 consecutive titles in this day and age can’t be as good as anyone thinks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.