ACC Football Heavyweight Championship

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC Football Heavyweight Championship

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    WV Wolf
    Keymaster

A while back I ran across a site with an interesting premise for an alternative national championship for college football, what if the winner of the
    [See the full post at: ACC Football Heavyweight Championship]

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wow WV, I bet that was a pain in the arse to go thru the ACC belt lineage, not to mention the associated stats (reigns/total days). Hat tip to you, Sir.

WV Wolf
    Keymaster

Thanks, the associated stats are stuff I do for my job all the time so it wasn’t that big a deal. Going through the schedules took a little work but it was kinda interesting to see how it all played out.

PackFamily
    Participant

Lol… this is all we got.

Interesting work, WVW

TheCOWDOG

Cool,WVW.

I want my replica!

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I like it. I vote for this system. Better than BCS, better than playoffs. Nice work, too.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hey WVWolf!

Nice work…

How long would it take to crank one of those out for Basketball ?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Really nice work, WV…

Hard to believe as inept as we’ve been in football, we top the list of belt holders 🙂

packbackr04
    Participant

thats awesome! nice work WVW.

highstick
    Participant

Can we hang some banners in CF????

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Khan
    Participant

Cool concept. Get ready to bring that baby back to Raleigh I just a couple weeks!

SaccoV
    Participant

I have been contemplating a valid response to this and the only thing that has been in my head since reading the post is how would we compare 70s-80s wrestlers to the current ACC programs. Here is my stupid response:

Atlantic (The Crockett-in-Charlotte division)
    FSU = Ric Flair (19-time world champion) They are the man, were the man, and perhaps might always be the man.
    Clemson =
    BC = Larry Zybyszko — Great in other regions long ago, but basically an over-glorified contender.
    NC State = Black Jack Mulligan — 1979 was the last time this name meant much.
    WF = Dusty Rhodes — There was a massive spot on Rhodes gut which galls me to this day. And he only won the title by technicality.
    Louisville = Gene Anderson — Head twitch.
    Syracuse = Angelo Mosca — Who?

Coastal (The Crocketts-Move-to-Dallas division)
    UN* = Tommy ‘Wildfire’ Rich — The girls might love him, but he never won when it counted.
    Duke = Ricky ‘the Dragon’ Steamboat — Not a true top dog but one most will pull for. Only challenged for the title a few times.
    Miami = Nikita Koloff — The Russian Sickle was deadly (Miami of the 80s) but his disappearance from earth mirrors Miami’s irrelevance in our conference.
    Va Tech = Harley Race — Great champion of yesteryear, but almost faded into complete obscurity. Hopefully resurgent, Race almost died but regained to championship form (read his book if you get a chance).
    UVa = Greg ‘the Hammer’ Valentine — Best known for his ability to look inebriated, the Hammer was a staple in the NWA but never much challenged for the title (USHWT doesn’t count.)
    Pitt = Johnny Valentine — Most don’t realize how much of a powerhouse they were. Now a forgotten champion.
    Ga Tech = Johnny Weaver — The sleeper hold is perhaps the worst finishing move in wrestling history (much like the triple option in CFB)

Notre Dame = Haystacks Calhoun — Only good because he weighed 7 times what everyone else did (TV contract that no one else shares)!

SaccoV
    Participant

Edit: Clemson = Tully Blanchard — World Television Champion. Great on TV but never the Numero Uno!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.