ACC BB Weekly Update

Home Forums All StateFansNation ACC BB Weekly Update

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I think I’ll take a minute to back up and discuss the classifications of “IN”, “BUBBLE”, and “OUT” that I give to each team in the ACC on a weekly basis.
    [See the full post at: ACC BB Weekly Update]

BJD95
    Keymaster

By RPI, we’ve played 4 of the 5 worst teams in the League (all but Cuse), and went 1-3 and those games.

Backs up the “eye test” that we are a steaming pile right now.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

One of the advantages of ESPN’s breakdown of each team is that the last 12 games plus the remaining schedule is displayed on the right hand side for a nice summary:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/groupId/2/teamId/152

I say all that to say that not only did State lose, they were thoroughly beaten by those bad teams and trounced by every “decent” team except VT.

Looking ahead it wouldn’t shock me if State lost the last seven, regular season games:
    @ Florida State
    @ Wake Forest
    North Carolina
    Notre Dame
    @ Georgia Tech
    Virginia
    @ Clemson

Wulfpack
    Participant

The team isn’t even NIT worthy now. If we lose 5 of that stretch just posted – it’s curtains. Really disappointing season thus far. Very little reason for optimism moving forward.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Carlton Tudor, a respected longtime Tobacco Road observer, calling ’em like he sees ’em…

“That [NC State] defense has deteriorated from below-average to bad to absolutely rotten since early season…”

“State is combining bad defense with weak rebounding – a lethal 1-2. ”

“…rebounding is as much about size, positioning and intensity as much as innate defensive talent. State has enough personnel, depth and experience to produce above-average rebounding even in a tall, tough conference. It’s just going to require a lot more effort from five guys on each missed field goal and free throw.”

The rest of it… at wral.com

Check that Tony… NINE GUYS!

Tell us something we don’t already know… Carlton… Please go do some real reporting… duh….

——————

Ya’ll think Dook Fans ought to start a retirement fund for Coach Rat? Devils have fallen from Number 1 to a Number 4 seed in the Dance FOR ALL THE SAME REASONS as this year’s Wolfpack’ rush to oblivion has threatened seriously GOTT’s plan to retire in Red & White…

Warning: The NWS and the FDA have posted “Hair Loss” Warnings and “Sleepless Nights” watches due to overexposure in Durham County, North Carolina.

——————-

Meanwhile… Uncle Roy, who was blessed by Wolfpack with the magic solution to team chemistry problems… faces off with Jimmy B. in the Battle of the Dinosaurs tonight in the Nose Dome…. worth watching if you’re hardcore, enough…

Ya’ll heard here first… In that one…

the Dinosaur with MOST technicals wins… Tie goes to the Home Dino….

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    StateRed44
    Participant

He needs to bust out in a defensive press. New legs every 4 mins. What have we got to lose? At this rate even an NIT bid looks lost.

The pace is being dictated to us. Lets speed them up. It will help our rebounding, defense, help our fast break, help our aggression. If he really had a sack he’d do it.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I just watched the Bubble Boy episode of Seinfeld. I thought that would be a good nickname for Herb Sendek as NC State coach. I’ll bet he even knows that it’s the Moors who invaded Spain and not the Moops.

Khan
    Participant

We are terrible.

McCallum
    Participant

I invaded Spain once.

McCallum

eduresult
    Participant

hi

ap ssc results 2017

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.