A Prayer for Reservation

Home Forums All StateFansNation A Prayer for Reservation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    redwolf87
    Participant

Dear Lord,

Me again. I need your help.

Help me not to be arrogant.

Help me not to take too much schadenfreude in UNC-Chapel Hill’s athletic machine getting caught red-handed in administering the greatest academic scandal in the history of college athletics to perpetuate their farcical “Carolina Way.”

Help me not to draw too much glee in the columns of large numbers of national sports columnists (not too much to worry about from the local crowd), who decry the unmatched hypocrisy and brazen fraudulence of said athletic machine.

Help me not to laugh at the ridiculous comments of their caricature of a football coach (forgive me Lord), who, within days of the release of a report that revealed numerous grave transgressions within said athletic machine and the UNC-Chapel Hill football program, stated to a full press corps that he couldn’t tell you the major of a single one of his players.

(Simultaneously, Lord, thank you for a coach at NC State that genuinely cares about developing his players athletically and professionally)

Help me not to be so skeptical as to think that the NCAA will give said athletic machine a slap on the wrist while hoping that they don’t get sued by colleges with similar (but lesser) transgressions that they have “laid the wood to” along the way.

Help me not to hold over the heads of my UNC-Chapel Hill brethren (and I love ‘em Lord, I really do) the manner in which the locker room of Duke University’s football team was trashed with spray paint by UNC-Chapel Hill players after a UNC-CH victory, with none of the players being suspended for the following week’s game versus NC State. In the same vein, help me not to ridicule said athletic machine for the laughable yet arrogant statement made by said athletic machine’s leader after cutting a check to pay for the damage.

Help me not to rub a 35-7 football victory by NC State, which was nowhere as close as the score indicated, in the faces of my UNC-Chapel Hill brethren.

Help me not to poke fun at my UNC-Chapel Hill brethren for the utterly stupid behavior of their players within the same game, who, for whatever reason, felt it incumbent upon themselves to talk demonstrative trash to and get in the face of one of NC State’s running backs—this after an NC State 20-yard run off the left side with a 28-0 lead.

Help me not to gloat about the fact that, when NC State’s Trevor Lacey had an opportunity to make an exclamation point slam dunk at the end of UNC-Chapel Hill’s 58-46 loss to the Wolfpack tonight in the Dean E. Smith Center (no Papa John’s free large pizza with a purchase of a large tomorrow, but that’s OK, I know that You will provide for our needs), he pulled the ball back out and dribbled out the clock, showing an incredible amount of class (because, Lord, you know as well as I do that I’d have taken that rock and slammed it right down their throats).

Finally, Lord, help me to remember that there are many, many more important things going on in this world than college athletics, or athletics of any kind. The world is a dangerous place, and we have deep, deep concerns, over which the people of this country find themselves incredibly and regrettably divided over. And, as long as the dangers exist, and the extensive divisions persist, we should always try to keep everything—including athletics—in perspective.

But, Lord, even with all that in mind, I have to say…

…how about that WOLFPACK?????? ?

Sorry. Just a slip.

But it is kinda sweet. Ain’t it?

Thanks for your time and your help, as always.

Always grateful–and thankful.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Very, very good!

TheCOWDOG

Ah…go ahead, eat the fruit.
    “Ye shall not certainly die.”

44rules
    Participant

Yes Cowdog, the serpent in the garden told the truth about that!

Truly a beautiful prayer and homage to the Lord.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

packplantpath
    Participant

Ah…go ahead, eat the fruit.
    “Ye shall not certainly die.”

Some fruit is worth dying over. Especially the sweet kind.

Lacey should have tried to bring the goal down.

MP
    Participant

(because, Lord, you know as well as I do that I’d have taken that rock and slammed it right down their throats)

LOL. Outstanding!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.