#7 NC STATE vs #2 SYRACUSE Preview (ACC Tournament Edition)

Home Forums All StateFansNation #7 NC STATE vs #2 SYRACUSE Preview (ACC Tournament Edition)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 292 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Time: 7:00 pm TV: ACCN, ESPN Announcers: Survive and Advance. That’s exactly what the Pack did last night by hanging on until the final 2 minutes and
    [See the full post at: #7 NC STATE vs #2 SYRACUSE Preview (ACC Tournament Edition)]

Wulfpack
    Participant

Something tells me we are going to win this one. Cuse has limped to the finish line, and Warren is unstoppable. If Turner is hitting like he was last night, watch out.

I would not feel good, however, about a match up with Duke.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

You should have picked us to win by 100 points.

Why not?!

If ever there was a ‘throw the kitchen sink at them’, this is it. Absolutely nothing to lose.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

You should have picked us to win by 100 points.

Why not?!

If ever there was a ‘throw the kitchen sink at them’, this is it. Absolutely nothing to lose.

As for myself everytime I think and say the Pack will win they fail to realize a game was being played that day. If I bad mouth them or call a player out for poor performances suggesting their time be reduced they come out like gangbusters and shock us all with their play. So I’ll continue to predict losses.

It’s only weird if it doesn’t work.

BJD95
    Keymaster

YAYYYYYYY, Hipster Cat pic!!!!!

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Did you miss the BSW pic next to Buckets?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

It’s only weird if it doesn’t work.

True that, sir.

nav
    Participant

State by 35. Why the hell not. Warren with 45 and Turner with 22.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Maybe we declare this officially payback weekend. We owed Miami for the miserable loss at home. And we certainly owe Syracuse for blowing the game, then probably Duke, then UVA. Here’s to PAYBACK!

JohnGalt78
    Participant

I’m really liking the “score your jersey” approach adopted by TJ and WBS last night:

Cat 2
    Dez 5
    Freeman 10
    WBS 12
    Vandy 14
    An YEA! 21
    RTO-BSW 22
    Da Man 24
    KW 32

We hold em to 42 and there’s your 100 pt margin. Nothin to it!

wilmwolf80
    Participant

I hope the team is prepared to play 5 on 8 the rest of the way. No way we get a fair shake tonight with the possibility of another Duke vs. Cuse match-up in play. The guys are going to need to play defense with their hands behind their backs, and even that might not be enough (see TJ’s fourth foul last night). I know we could win in a fair fight, and I still think we can win tonight, but the deck is going to be stacked against us for sure.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Great TEAM Game by our Kids..

Tonight … we just need to do the same and fix these red numbers….
    The Old Ghosts are in the Greensboro Coliseum!

v. Miami… 3/13/14
    FGm – FGa – %
    Cuz 9- 18 50.0%
    Turner 7- 12 58.3%
    Lee 1- 2 50.0%
    Washington 2- 4 50.0%
    Everybody Else 5– 17 29.4%
    Team 24- 53 45.3%

Rebounding
    Miami 30
    Pack 24

Key Stats
    11 Assists by Barber and Lewis
    15 Turnovers by Miami
    8 steals by Pack

Under the radar…
    Barber — 7 assists, 0 turnovers, only took 5 shots –made 2 in 22 minutes

GOTT & Company grabbed the chessboard early and never gave it back…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Did you miss the BSW pic next to Buckets?

Shit, I totally did. That. Is. Awesome.

nav
    Participant

Since I’m dreaming here, WHEN State beats Cuse tonight, does anyone here have a prediction on where our RPI might site?

Baby steps, baby steps

ILPackfan
    Participant

Well heck, I’m going to go with whipping Syracuse, Duke, and trouncing UNC in the final for the first ACC title since 1987. The Pack enters the NCAA with the automatic bid as a 9 seed, gets to the next round, upsets the #1 seed (probably Florida), and moves on to the Final Four.

OR….

The Pack wins the NIT title in 2014. Whichever.

nav
    Participant

I also assume we want FSU to lose so that opens up one more possible NCAA at-large spot.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

FSU is an engima because them beating UVA makes them State’s 3rd Top 50 win (they are currently #51) but at the same time they are another bubble team ahead of the Pack.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Any crazy superstitions out there people will be doing for the game to ensure a Pack victory?

Remember, “It’s only weird if it doesn’t work.”

RedReid
    Participant

I just wish Cat and Tyler could combine to be more of a scoring threat. If that happened it would open our offense up so much more. It hurts to know that we have two Micky D’s point guards that don’t shoot very well as of right now. I just feel it’s a confidence problem and that they are both capable of being efficient scorers.

redcanine
    Participant

^^I’m gonna get zooted off these NORCOs. It worked last night…

BTW, who did we play?

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Since I’m dreaming here, WHEN State beats Cuse tonight, does anyone here have a prediction on where our RPI might site?

It doesn’t matter. State needs top-quality, eye-opening wins. If State gets two Top-25 wins, RPI won’t be a problem.

Rick
    Keymaster

BSW is going full Ralston Turner Overdrive tonight.

flattop83
    Participant

^ Ralston Turner Overdrive – excellent!

wilmwolf80
    Participant

Any crazy superstitions out there people will be doing for the game to ensure a Pack victory?

Remember, “It’s only weird if it doesn’t work.”

My only thing for games this years is to not listen to the announcers. I play music during the game instead. Oh, and drink good quality bourbon, can’t forget the bourbon. I don’t know if those things really qualify as superstitions, but it helps my enjoyment of the game immensely.

redcanine
    Participant

What’s Jerami Grant’s health status?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 292 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.