4* 2017 pg from garner, Thomas Allen commits

Home Forums StateFans Basketball 4* 2017 pg from garner, Thomas Allen commits

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    packbackr04
    Participant

Glad he is staying home. Gott doesnt want another Gary Clark I guess. Good move

44rules
    Participant

This gladdens my heart. Read somewhere that he is shaky on D, though, but he is a 4-star. I know that doesn’t guarantee anything, but it’s better than a bunch of 1s and 2s.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

choppack1
    Participant

This is exactly the kind of kid we need to be bringing to nc state. OTOH, so were the Martin twins.

The key will be if this kid is willing to sit for a year or two and if after that, he feels good about seeing a fair amount of pt.

The scouting report I read reminds me a little of Curtis Staples. I think the staple gun was ranked higher though. Think of an undersized 2 guard or a developing combo guard.

Put it another way, he would be the kind of guard you have been seeing at villanova the last few years. He is much different than the big guards that Gott has had playing the 2 spot.

I like this signing and I hope that a) he is ready and willing to compete for a spot B) he is going to be coached up and c) he will be given ample playing time of earned.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

he is shaky on D

Every kid coming out of AAU ball, including the Mac5stars…
    is shaky on D, by Upper Dq standards…

so can, and will, he learn and do the hard work?

If yes, he’ll play for a long time…
    If no, then … we’ve seen that movie before. A dozen times.

Roundball starts in 11 days!
    Be There or BeJay!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

I have seen Garner play a few times. Their coach is very very intense but is a good coach.
    I remember being very impressed with this kid. Kind of small but could score in bunches. chop is right, if he sticks around (trend is not good in this area) then he could be a really good player for us. I hope Gott will play him some early just to give him a reason to stay.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I think the staple gun was ranked higher though

Is that a real nickname or is that an autocorrect-given nickname?

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

If he plays ball like Curtis Staples, then we’re going to be alright.

choppack1
    Participant

A friend of mine who was a uva fan used to call him that. I am not sure if it was his official name – but I thought it was a good fit.

And yes, mr wolf you are correct sir. It’s what I am hoping for.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.