30 Second Shot Clock Coming

Home Forums StateFans Basketball 30 Second Shot Clock Coming

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Men’s basketball is likely heading toward reducing its shot clock from 35 to 30 seconds, NCAA rules committee chairman Rick Byrd told ESPN.com on Monday.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12775789/men-college-basketball-headed-30-second-shot-clock-according-ncaa-rules-committee-chairman

ncsu1987
    Participant

Don’t understand this rule change, especially in isolation. Justification is always “let’s speed up the game”. I’m all for that, but if you lower the shot clock without addressing the defensive advantage bias – hand checking, grabbing, holding, etc. – the net effect will be opposite the intent.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I’ve seen faster moving games that were not very entertaining. Team 1 runs down the court quickly and makes a poor shot that bricks and results in a fast break by Team 2 who runs down the court quickly and makes a poor shot and bricks that precipitates yet another fast break and missed shot. Eventually someone makes it and you’re trying to catch your breath from watching such crap. Fast crap is still crap. I guess technically fast crap is diarrhea.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The teams that do what they do well, like UVa and Wisconsin, will benefit from this change. Just that much harder to get a good shot off. With UVa, it is almost as if they prefer to be on D as that is where they excel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.